Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Regional Transfers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 191192193194195 200>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Also strong rumours that the IRFU are considering instructing  Joey Carberry or Byrne to move to Ulster. Whilst there is a huge amount to admire in the Irish system I would find it unacceptable if I was a player being told to move from my home club by my Union.

Yep apparently it depended on if Ulster qualified for the Champions Cup on who would move.
Sponsored Links

sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Also strong rumours that the IRFU are considering instructing  Joey Carberry or Byrne to move to Ulster. Whilst there is a huge amount to admire in the Irish system I would find it unacceptable if I was a player being told to move from my home club by my Union.

Yep apparently it depended on if Ulster qualified for the Champions Cup on who would move.

You mean about like us supposedly losing one of our Centers because of instructions from the National Coach? ...if the rumours on here were to be believed.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

It is certainly true that Leinster compared to Ulster have, at the moment, an embarassment of riches at 10 but who a player represents is surely his choice and his alone. Imagine how we would feel if say Wyn Jones was forced to move to the Blues to become 1st choice.

Or of Aled or Scott were advised by the national setup that moving to the Ospreys would be a good idea.

Why ? So that they can play in the lower tier competition in Europe, when the top tier that they've just left is close to international level ?

Being first choice etc. isn’t that what was meant to have been said to them. Be first choice regionally to stand a better chance at being first choice internationally? (Or so it’s been said on here). That’s not much different to a aleinster lad being told to move to Ulster, or at least to me anyway.

Had heard a rumour to that effect but not sure how true it is though.

Funnily you mentioned Wyn Jones he was advised to move to dragons during the ai's to get first spot and parkes was told last year before renewing with us to go to blues for a chance. [beep]ing hate gatland
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 2:14am
How true are these rumours about Scott, Parkes, Wyn?
Is there any chance of an article appearing on this any time soon?
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 7:27am
As gutted as I am to lose scott w....I think the return of foxy, johnny mac, asquith, plus the recruitment of clayton, fonotia, hidalgo clyne, another year of development for conbeer , with steff hughes and nicholas back ups,  thats a fair bit of quality. It should be good for welsh rugby to see scott w, north moriarty , jordan williams and others strengthening the 2 weaker regions. Derbies could get tastier next season. 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

As gutted as I am to lose scott w....I think the return of foxy, johnny mac, asquith, plus the recruitment of clayton, fonotia, hidalgo clyne, another year of development for conbeer , with steff hughes and nicholas back ups,  thats a fair bit of quality. It should be good for welsh rugby to see scott w, north moriarty , jordan williams and others strengthening the 2 weaker regions. Derbies could get tastier next season. 

Don't disagree with your assessment or indeed your conclusion but we are going to miss Scott almost as much as Tadgh. If his departure has anything to do with Gatland I would be very annoyed indeed. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:31am
Parkes was encouraged to sign for the Blues at the end of 16/17 season, but there's no mandate that he has too.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:51am
I guess pointing out to a player that his International ambitions may be compromised if he continued to be 2nd choice for the big games is correctly part of the International coachs brief. However in the case of the Irish model it does seem that the power is far greater. Then again many Irish players are totally centrally contracted so the IRFU, if I am not mistaken, are 100% the employers. 
ExileTom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExileTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 5:59pm
Billy Mcbryde has signed for RGC
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 10:15pm
Shaun Edwards has just signed a part-time contract with the dragons. Another good use of WRU funding. Just hope there’s and equal share for the other regions.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Shaun Edwards has just signed a part-time contract with the dragons. Another good use of WRU funding. Just hope there’s and equal share for the other regions.
And so say all of us.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 11:01pm
One of the main reasons that Leinster is such a powerful side at the moment is the size of its squad of top class players. That is, they can afford to keep excellent players who are still not the first choice in their positions for Leinster. 
If it is true that players in the Scarlets squad who are not first choice (eg Wyn) are being encouraged to change regions then we will never be in a position to beat Leinster. 
Considering the number of injuries that occur in an average rugby season, a successful side must aim for a number of quality players in each position, Wyn being a classic  example of a "deputy" who is almost as good as the first choice and both developing well and having adequate periods of rest and recovery and both in the Welsh squad. Would he or the Scarlets have been better off if he'd have joined the Dragons? 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

One of the main reasons that Leinster is such a powerful side at the moment is the size of its squad of top class players. That is, they can afford to keep excellent players who are still not the first choice in their positions for Leinster. 
If it is true that players in the Scarlets squad who are not first choice (eg Wyn) are being encouraged to change regions then we will never be in a position to beat Leinster. 
Considering the number of injuries that occur in an average rugby season, a successful side must aim for a number of quality players in each position, Wyn being a classic  example of a "deputy" who is almost as good as the first choice and both developing well and having adequate periods of rest and recovery and both in the Welsh squad. Would he or the Scarlets have been better off if he'd have joined the Dragons? 

The flip side of the Leinster model of course is that players tend to want to play - certainly in the big games. It helps Leinster that Sexton is happy stepping in to only play the glory pro 14 games but his situation is very unusual. Both Carbery & Byrne are good pro 14 10's and would start for many regions. Keeping both happy will prove difficult. Carbery being linked with Munster & Byrne with Ulster at the moment. 

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Will also be with the Ospreys on a part time basis.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 8:50am
I see Joe Schmidt has announced that Joey Carbery will join Munster next season. He is Ireland's no 2 10 but has only started once at 10 for Leinster this season all other appearances at 15. Odds must be on one of Munster's current 10's joining Ulster.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 8:56am

I see Joe Schmidt has announced that Joey Carbery will join Munster next season. He is Ireland's no 2 10 but has only started once at 10 for Leinster this season all other appearances at 15. Odds must be on one of Munster's current 10's joining Ulster.

Apparently Leinster are not very happy about this, rumours saying that Joe Schmidt has told Carberry that he cannot be Irelands 2nds choice if is 2nd choice at his province.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 191192193194195 200>
  Share Topic