Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Regional Transfers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 194195196197198 200>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Peter Thomas is to step down as chairman of the Cardiff Blues and write off the millions of pounds he has put into the region over the years.

The 75-year-old will stay on the board and take up the role of life president, but a new chairman will be appointed within the next 12 months.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/peter-thomas-step-down-cardiff-14787519
Sounds like something big may be coming up there-huge potential as well in the city with all the commercial opportunities all around. Its appalling that they haven got it right with all that innate advantage in commercial/retail/population etc...

Watch this space !!!!

I have heard that there are a number of moneyed people in Cardiff who are prepared to put money into the Blues, bu are not prepared to do so whilst Peter Thomas in involved.

This may be a compromise position, which will allow/encourage those potential investors to get involved.

that sounds familiar!!! those people never come forward.
They will more than likely have fresh people coming in. They are in a huge position geographically, and I am sure they wont be short of investors. However that line excuse...we have had it said about us - they never came in! Its a new excuse now - probably macron!
Sponsored Links

SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 2:20pm
Cardiff look set to have a good few years on the field if there's any shape on this Mulvihill. I hope they kick on and sort themselves out off the field soon, about time we had some competition
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Wasps Rugby Wasps Rugby wrote:

With regret, Wasps confirm they have reached agreement with Scottish Rugby to release Danny Wilson from his coaching contract to take up a similar role within the Scotland national set-up.

Director of rugby Dai Young said:

“This is a big disappointment for us.

“In addition, the timing could not be much worse. Finding someone of Danny’s quality and experience who is available at this time of year to supplement our existing coaching team is a difficult proposition.

“Disappointing as this is, I understand that the opportunity to coach a tier one international side through to and beyond the World Cup would always be difficult to turn down as opportunities like this do not come around very often.

“I believed Danny’s experience would have been a big help to me on the training pitch. “Nonetheless, I am confident that Lee Blackett, Andy Titterrell and Ian Costello will do a good job and continue to help me move us forward.”
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Danny Wilson Danny Wilson wrote:

To coach international rugby and go to a Rugby World Cup is obviously the pinnacle of the sport and the goal of most professional coaches. It was therefore a huge honour to be identified by Scotland and offered this role.

This has obviously been a little unexpected and happened very quickly, so I'd like to thank Dai Young and Wasps for their consideration and understanding of this situation and wish them the very best of luck for the future.

Pembsamos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pembsamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 3:39pm
Apparently the blues have signed sikeli nabou from Biarritz. I never heard of him before
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Pembsamos Pembsamos wrote:

Apparently the blues have signed sikeli nabou from Biarritz. I never heard of him before

He's a Fijian 2nd row who has 6 sub appearances for Fiji. 30 year old 6 foot 5 & 260 lbs. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2018 at 9:46pm
Not regional but Luke Hamilton joining Edinburgh from Leicester Tigers.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 7:37am
Arhip to blues. The French move fell through. Montpellier(I think) offered £400k a year . He’s not that good. It makes you wonder what Samson is worth. (Answer- priceless)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Arhip to blues. The French move fell through. Montpellier(I think) offered £400k a year . He’s not that good. It makes you wonder what Samson is worth. (Answer- priceless)

Arhip is a top tight head. He has given Rob Evans a few hard times in recent years and that takes some doing. Blues have got themselves a very good signing. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:32am
think its an excellent signing for the blues. with big heavy lump of a 2nd row coming in as well this will certainly improve their scrum and tight play. arhip has always been very solid and very few props get the better of him. blues will be much stronger again next year
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 9:36am
Top signing for Cardiff Blues. If he manages to stay fit, he will be a real assett for them. No doubt a signing that help bring through Dillon Lewis.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 9:43am
Yes its got the makings of another excellent season. Blues have a decent young squad which with the right coaching could become our biggest Welsh challengers. I remain unconvinced about the Ospreys squad quite frankly. They have lost quality - Biggar, Webb, Beck, Fonotia & Arhip. Some of the replacements are top notch - Scotty for instance but most of the others are going to have to up their performance levels considerably to get anywhere near their predecessors.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 10:01am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Yes its got the makings of another excellent season. Blues have a decent young squad which with the right coaching could become our biggest Welsh challengers. I remain unconvinced about the Ospreys squad quite frankly. They have lost quality - Biggar, Webb, Beck, Fonotia & Arhip. Some of the replacements are top notch - Scotty for instance but most of the others are going to have to up their performance levels considerably to get anywhere near their predecessors.
agree. I see Cardiff Blues as a genuine play off contending side next season - all depends how they take off under the new coaching team though but there is a realistic shot there.
Ospreys I feel are in a bit of a rebuilding phase which may not be great watching for their fans next season...There will be a new half back pairing, new centre partnership and a new unit in back 3 so its a brand new backline that may take time to settle but they have lost some depth which could be a huge issue. It will be interesting to see how AWJ plays next year - I'm guessing wrapped in cotton wool for the world cup.
Dragons...even with the Ospreys being at their worst in regional history, I still don't see Dragons being anything other than 4th Welsh region.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 7:43pm
Again not regional, or even a Pro 14 deal (sorry), but Wallabies legend George Smith has signed a 6 month deal with Bristol.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:34pm
It’s nice to be in a position where you afford to just go out a pick up a global star of the game, even if it’s only for a short period of time.
Remember Bristol signed Piatau from Ulster whilst they were still playing championship rugby and not certain of being promoted to the Aviva.
Just think what we could achieve under this current coaching setup if our board (as great as they are) had that sort of money at their disposal. We would probably have been european champions is season, bearing in mind the only team to stop us making the final and retaining the pro14 was Leinster, who had a much larger pool of players to pick from and a considerably larger player budget.
I echo what’s been said already about our regional neighbours, Ospreys will struggle to replace the class of players they have lost, the Dragons will still be bottom of the pile and the Blues will be pushing for a playoff spot, should they gel quickly with their new coaches.
From our point of view, I presume that most of the contracting and transfer deals are now done and that Pivac is happy with what he’s got to work with, although I wouldn’t be surprised if he maybe has another signing in mind.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 4:56am
Massive fan of doing things like this...bringing in hugely experienced guys to mentor talent and help with getting a team to the next level.
Good drills.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 194195196197198 200>
  Share Topic