Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who can make the best of our team?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who can make the best of our team?
    Posted: 22 April 2014 at 8:46am
If Easters and Mark are asked to move on, who could we realistically get?
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 9:06am
well.lets be honest,we have a pack now that is up there with the best around,and we have some star backs playing for us,with the arrival of 4 or 5 players over the summer to boost the squad,i would say they would be queuing up to make the scarlets what they should be.a very competative team. blues are about to announce a top coach so why cant we??? 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 9:30am
What would people think about Stevo? Not as head coach, but involved. Another jobs for the boys?
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 9:36am
cant see him leaving wasps,but i would say him and regan would be able to get these backs playing a damn side better than boysie
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 9:46am
But left field but Dean Richards anyone has great experience and would relish working with our pack backs coach get Robert Jones back ASAP.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
dungster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dungster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 9:50am
Gren Cole and his gang. He'd talk a good job
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 9:55am
very true,richards has proven himself many times over,loves a strong pack,which we have and rob jones couldnt be worse than mark could he! be a question of could we persuade him to leave the falcons.mind you we must surely be a more attractive proposition than them,not stuck up north in the cold,much better facilities and squad full of internationals Wink
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 10:13am
Whilst there are justified concerns over or coaching set up let's not overplay how good our team is.

Our front 5 is much improved at the set piece but not great at the breakdown or carrying, we've got no 8 and no clear 3rd choice centre and 2 wings that can't defend, and I'm being quite generous here.

We're better than our performances suggest but far from having a squad that can seriously consider winning things. Top 4 and a few decent wins in Europe should be our realistic aim and we're falling sorry of that.
TekVues View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TekVues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

But left field but Dean Richards anyone has great experience and would relish working with our pack backs coach get Robert Jones back ASAP.

I would go with this.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 10:27am
gate. your basing these facts on what?this or next season? next we will have atleast 1 8 if not 2.wings wise kp and jordan have improved massively their tackling.centres next season will have scott,maule,king,steff hughes,shings.et al set piece will be improved by a new forwards coach working with danny.the issues here are with simon and mark nothing else.if you took any of the aviva prem head coaches and gave them our squad they would be top 4 no issues
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

If Easters and Mark are asked to move on, who could we realistically get?
We could probably get on our budget an ambitious up and coming coach from the ITM Cup or Currie Cup. The standards are so much higher up there so it would probably be a step in the right direction.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Whilst there are justified concerns over or coaching set up let's not overplay how good our team is.

Our front 5 is much improved at the set piece but not great at the breakdown or carrying, we've got no 8 and no clear 3rd choice centre and 2 wings that can't defend, and I'm being quite generous here.

We're better than our performances suggest but far from having a squad that can seriously consider winning things. Top 4 and a few decent wins in Europe should be our realistic aim and we're falling sorry of that.
Agree with you here.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 10:39am

What would people think about Stevo? Not as head coach, but involved. Another jobs for the boys?
It's likely to happen one day by all accounts.
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 10:59am
If our pack is"up there with the best" then get Dale Makintosh as forwards coach because the Blues pack did a job on us on Sunday, especially at the breaKdown. 
Westwalian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Westwalian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 11:07am

I would love Stevo back! He's actually had coaching experience, clearly an intelligent player, holds the Scarlet values... If he came as a backs coach I think that would be a brilliant acquisition 
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

The Sheriff is our only ball carrier, no deputies and no volunteers, shocking really.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic