Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will Boyde

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will Boyde
    Posted: 10 June 2014 at 11:06pm
Looks a very good prospect, also he looks alot more pyhsical and stronger than Dan Thomas even at this level
Sponsored Links

Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2014 at 11:20pm
He's played well in this JWC. It'll be interesting to see how he goes in the LV Cup next season.
TheKing View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 12:33am
Yep. Excellent all round game. Is that his last year in the u20's? Think he could go all the way.
DDF View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 8:42am
Did hear he might be on the 7's circuit next season.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 8:46am
Originally posted by DDF DDF wrote:

Yes. Replacing James Davies who is now full time with us.
TheKing View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Originally posted by DDF DDF wrote:

Yes. Replacing James Davies who is now full time with us.

Bloody hell. As good as he'll be at 7's, we need him here gaining 15's experience. He'd be ready for the bench straight up I'd reckon. No shortage of physicality. With no Turnbull or DanThomas next season, who are our back up 7's behind Barkley? Please nobody suggest Shingler.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 9:42am
Boyde is a cracking player but he is small even at under 20 level.

He will not be ready for pro 12 rugby for a season or 2 at the earliest.

he has the talent to go all the way just does have the size?

Edited by RR1972 - 11 June 2014 at 10:45am
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 10:01am
The more I see Boyde the more impressive he loooks. However I can't see what a season of sevens will do to improve his ability in the 15 man game. He needs to get straight into the conditioning required of a  Scarlets open side.
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 10:11am
cub will be back up.looks a pretty decent 7 in my eyes ,better than cudd was and younger so will learn alot from barclay
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 10:34am
cant see how anyone can say davies jr is ahead of cudd at the moment.

Cudd is playing well at the pro 12 level, davies jr has barely figured at 7 in the semi pro level with all his sevens commitments.

Boyde should be playing semi pro level week in week out next year with the RFC not on the sevens circuit
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 10:36am
i dont know why i even comment when your around rr i really dont.amazing how gatland thought to pick him in the trail,ahead of cudd,so must see something in him
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

i dont know why i even comment when your around rr i really dont.amazing how gatland thought to pick him in the trail,ahead of cudd,so must see something in him

I agree its amazing gatland picked him for the trial especially when sam lewis has been playing really well at regional level.

How many games of 15 man rugby at pro level have you seen davies jnr play to make the statement that he already looks a better player than cudd is ?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I agree its amazing gatland picked him for the trial especially when sam lewis has been playing really well at regional level.

How many games of 15 man rugby at pro level have you seen davies jnr play to make the statement that he already looks a better player than cudd is ?
It was baffling, and quite unfair that he was selected ahead of Sam Lewis for the trial.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 11:57am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I have seen Cub play for the Quins and Scarlets v Sarries away and while raw, does look tidy. At sevens level he is a great attacker and defender. I like Cudd and he does seem to be doing a tidy job at RP but if he was that good, why didn't he show it for the RFC or region? He had plenty of chances.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by omri jones omri jones wrote:

The more I see Boyde the more impressive he loooks. However I can't see what a season of sevens will do to improve his ability in the 15 man game. He needs to get straight into the conditioning required of a  Scarlets open side.
I agree. I'm not sure 7s training is great for players who need to stack on the muscle.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 1:48pm
To some people size is everything can I point you in direction of Neil Back and Martyn Williams two of best flankers to have played game. You don't have to be 7 foot 3 and 23 stone capable of lifting a house with each arm.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic