Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets v other regions (7's) match thread...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

Surely Pitman needs to play a XV game before anyone can judge him.

A summer's 7s jaunt is hardly a yardstick.

The thread is about the sevens tournament in Cardiff, Rory played and played pretty well, jees cant people comment about that?
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Sponsored Links

Reverend Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Reverend Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

The thread is about the sevens tournament in Cardiff, Rory played and played pretty well, jees cant people comment about that?

Nobody is disputing that Pitman played very well and how nice this was to see but to suggest that a player with his injury record should be given an extended contract based on less than 30 minutes of a pre-season 7's tournament could be seen as a little premature don't you think?!?!
If loving the lord is wrong, I don't wanna be right!!!
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 10:28pm
Pitman looked like a pretty dynamic unit, appreciate the context of the game but I was pleasantly surprised.

The tournament was all a bit half-arsed for me mind, wouldn't have minded a bit more prep and effort going into it.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Pitman looked like a pretty dynamic unit, appreciate the context of the game but I was pleasantly surprised.

The tournament was all a bit half-arsed for me mind, wouldn't have minded a bit more prep and effort going into it.

Agree with both sentences.

To be fair on RRW though it's hard for them to prepare for anything much at the moment

Edit: I'll reserve judgement on Pitman until I've seen him carry into opposition back rows a few times

Edited by Wasp - 27 July 2014 at 10:43pm
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 9:39am
Just caught up with the games, have to say it looked a fun night with good weather and money raised for a good cause.

But the standard was poor, all the regions should have had better squads out with this being on national tv.

And the ref may as well have handed the trophy at the start of the night as it appeared to have been decided that they had to win the competition!

As for us Kyle looks a real flyer and showed that he should have been given more game time last year, Darren harris is very mobile shows bags of aggression and looks a real handful in the loose.

I don't get the Pitman love in in all honesty, I saw him make some good carrys in the games he played in which is always a plus.

However he got himself sin binned for leading with the shoulder and was lucky not to get a card for taking out an ashtrays player in the air.

The most worrying aspect of his and of all our sides game was the tackling, at times it was dreadful and we coughed up far too many trys.

Although compared to the ashtrays our tackling looked like a hybrid of jpr and lima, have those players ever played in a full contact match before??

Not quite sure who decided to pick tacky in the pack but instead of seeing him running with the ball he was having to catch kick offs and scrimmage, bizarre selection!

Edited by RR1972 - 28 July 2014 at 11:30am
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 11:17am
Tbh up until the Ospreys game, there wasn't much to excite ....

Apart from ....

Edited by scarletman - 28 July 2014 at 11:18am
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 11:26am
Can't quite see if it's an S4C camera unit tbh...
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 11:35am
I thought he was a bona fide cameraman until he was spotted being led away by stewards with the "upskirt" footage firmly in the hands of a Ball Boy ! Wink Shocked
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 11:39am
While taking that shot, I felt a sudden sharp pain to the left side of my head, was slightly worried about my health (at my age) for a second .... Then remembered I'd gone to the 7's with the girlfriend ... Now even more worried about my future health ! !!!
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

That wasn't the context of the comment.
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Just caught up with the games, have to say it looked a fun night with good weather and money raised for a good cause.

But the standard was poor, all the regions should have had better squads out with this being on national tv.

And the ref may as well have handed the trophy at the start of the night as it appeared to have been decided that they had to win the competition!

As for us Kyle looks a real flyer and showed that he should have been given more game time last year, Darren harris is very mobile shows bags of aggression and looks a real handful in the loose.

I don't get the Pitman love in in all honesty, I saw him make some good carrys in the games he played in which is always a plus.

However he got himself sin binned for leading with the shoulder and was lucky not to get a card for taking out an ashtrays player in the air.

The most worrying aspect of his and of all our sides game was the tackling, at times it was dreadful and we coughed up far too many trys.

Although compared to the ashtrays our tackling looked like a hybrid of jpr and lima, have those players ever played in a full contact match before??

Not quite sure who decided to pick tacky in the pack but instead of seeing him running with the ball he was having to catch kick offs and scrimmage, bizarre selection!

Kyle has been injured for most of the season, IIRC
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Reverend Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reverend Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Kyle has been injured for most of the season, IIRC

I agree with a lot of this.

I think that Pitman did play well and did everything asked of him. 

His tackling was a bit wild but it was nice to see how keen he was to play (he has not had a lot of rugby over the last few years and he was probably a bit excited about being the biggest guy on the pitch!!).

I also thought that Tagicakibau in the pack was a strange one and he would have been far more useful playing the "centre" role.

Quite surprised that Myhill was not in the squad to help out the forwards (any hooker who comes third in a squad triathlon should have been strongly considered - Maybe he was injured or is a lot closer to starting for the coming season??).

Overall, I think that it was a decent day and I think that a lot of the doubters were proved wrong.

It would be great to have this with us next year or maybe up the Liberty and I would definitely go along.
If loving the lord is wrong, I don't wanna be right!!!
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 9:45pm
Jordan was in the crowd, he should have been on the pitch.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic