Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llandovery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drovers v RFC - 30TH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New_scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drovers v RFC - 30TH
    Posted: 20 August 2014 at 4:25pm
Surely to god they aren't going to stick to this 30th date for the play off that clashes with the Gloucester game!? Where is the sense - both sets of fans should really want to watch the region (although I do wonder sometimes) and we want to watch both games AND PAY FOR THE PRIVILIGE which they must be in need of. Lets see some sense here...
Sponsored Links

TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by New_scarlet New_scarlet wrote:

Surely to god they aren't going to stick to this 30th date for the play off that clashes with the Gloucester game!? Where is the sense - both sets of fans should really want to watch the region (although I do wonder sometimes) and we want to watch both games AND PAY FOR THE PRIVILIGE which they must be in need of. Lets see some sense here...

i was told that it was up to llandovery to move the game as they were the home team.

both websites still say the 30th with the kick-off "tbc" so hopefully it wont clash with gloucester, or maybe they'll move the date of the game.

Edited by TonduTurk - 22 August 2014 at 11:56am
zuma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 5:57am
Can't understand why this hasn't been sorted out. Just a few days before the game and we still don't know a kick off time.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 9:12am
Whilst i understand from a Llanelli perspective this game going ahead at the same time does not really suit but as for Llandovery they are used to having Saturday afternoon games on a regular basis.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 10:49am
i dont think any llanelli / llandovery / quins home games should be kicking off the same time as scarlets home games.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 10:50am
i was told on the weekend that the game is on saturday, k.o. 2.30pm :-(
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 11:50am
Shame as we love the trip to Llandovery to support Llanelli RFC!  Unhappy
"YMA O HYD"
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

i dont think any llanelli / llandovery / quins home games should be kicking off the same time as scarlets home games.

Totally agree .
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 12:21pm
I dont think that's possible these boys are working so a Saturday afterno on is ideal for them. If they can be changed for some big game clashes then great but i think that on the whole things should remain the same for them.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I dont think that's possible these boys are working so a Saturday afterno on is ideal for them. If they can be changed for some big game clashes then great but i think that on the whole things should remain the same for them.

Friday night or Sunday afternoon simple ,with Drovers charging £12 a head entry ,more fool them for not switching game .
Dan the Drover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Friday night or Sunday afternoon simple ,with Drovers charging £12 a head entry ,more fool them for not switching game .

Damn, we should have thought of that.  The main objection to switching the date is that we don't want Buchanan stuffing the Llanelli side with off-duty Scarlets!

I wouldn't worry about it, if I were you - the winner still has to face Quins.  Smile
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Dan the Drover Dan the Drover wrote:

Damn, we should have thought of that.  The main objection to switching the date is that we don't want Buchanan stuffing the Llanelli side with off-duty Scarlets!

I wouldn't worry about it, if I were you - the winner still has to face Quins.  Smile

Fair play Dan, your comment stinks. What you just said is exactly the problem with this region - distrust and cynicism. Can't wait to see the Quins playing as Scarlet A
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 9:06pm

Yep you are bang on Mark. they must have more money than we thought if they can afford to lose £12 x how many of us who would normally go. Got to be a grand if you add food, drink, programmes etc... Bonkers that even within our own region, we can't sort this out !
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 9:15pm
I don't blame them personally.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 9:23pm

I don't blame them personally.

For not moving it due to fear of the region (THEIR region)doing the dirty on them??? If that is the case then we should just cut links to the Drovers and Quins and focus on the RFC only which is what they think we do already.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 9:32pm
There supporters are used to being there on a Saturday afternoon why would you want to upset your hardcore support. Why should they change there plans to suit a few supporters like ourselves. There main concern is there own supporters and sponsors..I know from.personal experience how much less sponsors would spend there on a Friday night or a Sunday afternoon. I understand your views Supertaf but our game is only a friendly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic