Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llandovery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drovers v RFC - 30TH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 9:37pm
I think it's more about the revenue they will lose Mart. Makes no sense financially and that's what everyone bleats on about. Friendly or not it shouldn't clash with a game that our supporters would also want to see. Also shouldn't their fans also be Scarlets fans and not want to miss the Gloucester game?? By saying what you said, it seems that they don't follow the region in Llandovery....
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 9:44pm
Talk to you Saturday about it.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Talk to you Saturday about it.

Tidy.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 9:48pm
Couldn't the Scarlets have moved their KO time against Gloucester to accommodate both fixtures for fans?

If Drovers v Llanelli kicked off at 2:30, game would be done and dusted by 4:30 at the latest. And if the Scarlets rearranged their game to KO at say 6:30 - 7:30, wouldn't it be better for all concerned?

Just a thought.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Couldn't the Scarlets have moved their KO time against Gloucester to accommodate both fixtures for fans?

If Drovers v Llanelli kicked off at 2:30, game would be done and dusted by 4:30 at the latest. And if the Scarlets rearranged their game to KO at say 6:30 - 7:30, wouldn't it be better for all concerned?

Just a thought.

Agree Haydn, either side needs to give. It's like the regions v WRU in miniature for gods sake !!
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Just a thought.

Agree Haydn, either side needs to give. It's like the regions v WRU in miniature for gods sake !!

Wasnt the Gloucester fixture announced a fair while back and a long time before the RFC fixture so it wouldnt be fair on the Scarlets to change it now. It happened a few times last year, i dont think alot of people who follow the quins and llandovery actually follow the Scarlets also
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 12:13am
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

I dont think that's possible these boys are working so a Saturday afterno on is ideal for them. If they can be changed for some big game clashes then great but i think that on the whole things should remain the same for them.

Friday night or Sunday afternoon simple ,with Drovers charging £12 a head entry ,more fool them for not switching game .

Yep you are bang on Mark. they must have more money than we thought if they can afford to lose £12 x how many of us who would normally go. Got to be a grand if you add food, drink, programmes etc... Bonkers that even within our own region, we can't sort this out !
Not if they make their ST holders pay for the 3 additional home games if they qualify, whilst adding the food, drink, programmes etc. Its quite clear why they'd do it.

We should just call the team Scarlets A and have one home game in each of the 3 prem grounds and sod this qualifying.
zuma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 7:01am
I love the trip to Llandovery, won't be making it on Saturday
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Dan the Drover Dan the Drover wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

I dont think that's possible these boys are working so a Saturday afterno on is ideal for them. If they can be changed for some big game clashes then great but i think that on the whole things should remain the same for them.

Friday night or Sunday afternoon simple ,with Drovers charging £12 a head entry ,more fool them for not switching game .

Damn, we should have thought of that.  The main objection to switching the date is that we don't want Buchanan stuffing the Llanelli side with off-duty Scarlets!

I wouldn't worry about it, if I were you - the winner still has to face Quins.  Smile

really ?

apart from the fact that it wouldnt be buchanans decision to "stuff llanelli with off duty scarlets", i doubt it would have happened anyway. we used about 84 players last season and regularly struggled to put together a squad and had lots of players from division 3, 4, 5 etc., and on a couple of occasions when we couldnt fill the bench.

if 2 clubs and the region they feed cant work together and sort out clashing fixtures, its no wonder that welsh rugby is in a mess.
Dan the Drover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2014 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

if 2 clubs and the region they feed cant work together and sort out clashing fixtures, its no wonder that welsh rugby is in a mess.

I have no more idea than you why there is a clash of fixtures, and I'm sorry to have apparently misled all you dedicated Llanelli RFC supporters with my light-hearted and clearly ludicrous rationale. I, too, will miss the game at Church Bank, and for the same reason you will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic