Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Music Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Music or Rugby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Music or Rugby
    Posted: 23 September 2014 at 4:08pm
Genuine question here for those who are big fans of both.

If you HAD to ditch one which one would you?
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Sponsored Links

RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2014 at 4:11pm
I'd give up fags, heroin and w**king before giving up either, mun. 
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2014 at 4:15pm
Big smile, you've not answered the actual question though Mick, so cmon Wink
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2014 at 4:39pm
Like asking to name your favourite child.

(Although the answer to that question would be the one that's into his music and rugby).
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2014 at 6:36pm
That's a tough one
And We Were Singing...
TheOracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2014 at 7:28pm
You should ask big mike and gate 12 ....apparently a rendition of the theme to home and away is far better than any rugby match
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2014 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by A Evans A Evans wrote:

Can't answer that. But I would listen to Queen every day for a year if we won the European Cup.

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2014 at 10:33pm
I recall going on a club officers Freeby from my rugby club in Shropshire with the brewery about 15 years ago to Sixways to watch Worcester V Bristol and suddenly we had a sort of ethnic rythmic set of drums kick off in a small but ato me very annoying/ inappropriate band and then keep on going for interlude filling all game and this was as I say 15 years ago when we still were singing non stop  Sospan Fach 24 -7 etc down in Llanelli . I hated it and thought what the hell has rhythmic drumming got to do with watching the actual  game!! The answer is NOTHING of course! Having said that I quite like the quirky modern  Exeter Chief musical chant and drums as a good spin on their name although Exeter is not quite the North American Plains!  I just can't see the point of Scarlets interlude music though! Poor really. Its just getting musical  things right to please the past and present  which is easier said than done! LOL
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2014 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Can't answer that. But I would listen to Queen every day for a year if we won the European Cup.

We are the Champions?
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 12:19am

Rugby music plays a huge part in my and my families life, where rugby is me only (and my wife to some extent). I listen to music and radio pretty much 24/7, at home, at the gym, at work, on the commute....the list is endless.

When you consider that you can also listen to music during breaks of play too you can't really argue
Scarlets!!!
RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 2:01pm
Right, Evans, I've had a good think about this. From my own perspective a life without Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, my guitars or a life without Scarlets, Lions, local rugby clubs just doesn't compute. In fact life would probably have to go first.

However, if my young 'un came up to me and said either "Dad, I'm giving up rugby to play the guitar" or "Dad, I'm giving up the guitar to play rugby" I'd rather he played rugby.

OK, right back at ya. Scarlets or Man Utd?
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by RedZep RedZep wrote:

Right, Evans, I've had a good think about this. From my own perspective a life without Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, my guitars or a life without Scarlets, Lions, local rugby clubs just doesn't compute. In fact life would probably have to go first.

However, if my young 'un came up to me and said either "Dad, I'm giving up rugby to play the guitar" or "Dad, I'm giving up the guitar to play rugby" I'd rather he played rugby.

OK, right back at ya. Scarlets or Man Utd?
Offfffff you swine, well both are terrible at the moment. Supported both since i was a kid, been to watch both numerous times, met great people (and you Big smile) through both. You b@stard Mick, proper tough this.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 3:24pm
Rugby... Music is way more important, throughout growing up Music has been at times a source of joy/solace and comfort, Rugby only gives me angst lol, even when we won the league in Cardiff it was Angst all the way.

£20 to go and watch a band like Embrace or £20 to watch the Scarlets.. sorry Embrace all the time......
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

£20 to go and watch a band like Embrace or £20 to watch the Scarlets.. sorry Embrace all the time......

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 3:47pm

£20 to go and watch a band like Embrace or £20 to watch the Scarlets.. sorry Embrace all the time

Dunfermeline or Toulon ?

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/dunfermline-live-2014-tickets/138495
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

£20 to go and watch a band like Embrace or £20 to watch the Scarlets.. sorry Embrace all the time

Dunfermeline or Toulon ?

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/dunfermline-live-2014-tickets/138495

Oxford mun.....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic