Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Benchmark fixture

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2014 at 7:09pm
I never said intrguing...I said intrueging
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2014 at 9:39pm
Anyway....
We've only sold 5752 so far for our first derby of the season. (is that a benchmark game?)

I wonder what week before sales are usually like?
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2014 at 10:02pm
Quick ball is utterly pointless when no players are tied up at the ruck and we're just shipping it out with no players hitting up off the 9 or inside the 10, we've found some success over the last few weeks because pitman and shingler negated it hitting up in the wider channels and we didn't even have that on the weekend.

There's things that Pivac had brought in which I like but to play a high tempo open game you've got to be very well organised,accurate and switched on (leinster under schmidt seems to be the aim) and I'm not sure we've got the expertise/experience for it. There's no point in playing half that style of game if you can't play all of it. We were building a set piece and a decent defence, we can't afford to let that slip.

Really think we need to consider shingler as a 12 with Scott as a 13 and bring on josh Lewis as a back up 10, we need Jordans spark too even if it's from the bench, regardless of how Owen has gone recently he's not a long term centre option, just hasn't got the solidarity for it.
TheOracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2014 at 10:22pm
Iesu. Don't tell me we are signing Lech Wałęsa
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2014 at 10:23pm
Next game against the Dragons, we've got to forget any ideas of getting a bonus point win and make sure the game is played inside the Dragons half and that we tackle everything that moves. Lyn Jones knows we want to throw the ball about and score lots of tries. Their defence will be expecting this and will be coached to be up quickly to put pressure on our backs whose confidence is low (and haven't played all that fluently even when not under pressure). Of course we should take any opportunities from their mistakes, but lets get 3 scores ahead before we take any risks in trying for that bonus point. If we do get that far ahead the onus is on them to take the risks, and so long as we are alert and concentrating, we are actually more likely to get a bonus point than if we are going all-out for one from the start.
I am at the stage that I would prefer to win 9-0 than lose 33-34. We need Pitman, Earle and Phil John back and maybe Wyn Jones on the bench until Rob Evans learns that his scrummaging will be more effective if his arse is not the highest part of our scrum. Maybe even start with Cub until Barclay regains the energy and power of last season.
As for the backs Cawdor and Rhys with Scott and Shingler bach, Harry and Tagi and Sanjay. Bench Aled, Gareth Owen, KP.
TheOracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2014 at 10:27pm
Who is the ref
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2014 at 10:51pm
Only 6 months you really do need to get a life when he bad I say truth when good I also say but I suppose you've not looked them up and last season he was poor for us. you are done but you've still not answered any of my questions I'm done as you clearly won't because you cant
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2014 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by TheOracle TheOracle wrote:

Who is the ref

Probably an overpaid biased **** from East Wales or the Swansea Valleys.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
TheOracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2014 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Only 6 months you really do need to get a life when he bad I say truth when good I also say but I suppose you've not looked them up and last season he was poor for us. you are done but you've still not answered any of my questions I'm done as you clearly won't because you cant
what r you referring to
Butty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2014 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Quick ball is utterly pointless when no players are tied up at the ruck and we're just shipping it out with no players hitting up off the 9 or inside the 10, we've found some success over the last few weeks because pitman and shingler negated it hitting up in the wider channels and we didn't even have that on the weekend.

There's things that Pivac had brought in which I like but to play a high tempo open game you've got to be very well organised,accurate and switched on (leinster under schmidt seems to be the aim) and I'm not sure we've got the expertise/experience for it. There's no point in playing half that style of game if you can't play all of it. We were building a set piece and a decent defence, we can't afford to let that slip.

Really think we need to consider shingler as a 12 with Scott as a 13 and bring on josh Lewis as a back up 10, we need Jordans spark too even if it's from the bench, regardless of how Owen has gone recently he's not a long term centre option, just hasn't got the solidarity for it.

Owen adds nothing to our centres im afraid.

bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2014 at 8:05pm
It is a good job this weeks match is Sunday if it was a Friday night game I am unsure I would rush down. The extra couple of days might improve my mood.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2014 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Anyway....
We've only sold 5752 so far for our first derby of the season. (is that a benchmark game?)

Well today the total has gone up to 5907, so 155 sold today (Monday) Clap 

Looks like we'll crack 6,000 at least. 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Butty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2014 at 7:23am

Anyway....

Cant really expect fans to turn up for a expected loss or at least in the last 10 mins.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2014 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Butty Butty wrote:

Anyway....

Cant really expect fans to turn up for a expected loss or at least in the last 10 mins.

Expected loss? Against the Dragons?

Remind me again when was the last time we lost at home?
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2014 at 8:26am
That's a good point. Without looking I'd say Glasgow in February.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
TekVues View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TekVues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2014 at 9:13am
I've had a look around the Dragons forum and there is no mention of the game yet? Also, if you go on their main web site, there is a small section which mentions the game but if you click on 'Tickets', it only shows games at RP Shocked
Surely we as regions should be doing more collectively to advertise these local derbies! I know the die hard fans from each team will be fully aware of the fixtures but others may need reminding. Its becoming apparent how poor the marketing is by all four regions. This must change.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic