Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CRYS16 Meet the Referees Night!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CRYS16 Meet the Referees Night!
    Posted: 24 October 2014 at 10:17pm
You wanted this one, you asked for it!

Here it is!!!!

CRYS16

Present

Meet the Referee!!! Part 1

with

Nigel Whitehouse

on

Tuesday 28th October

at

The Quinnell Lounge

Doors open at 6.30pm for a 7.00 start

Members Free Entry - Join on the Night at £10 for the whole Season!!

Sponsored Links

Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 9:39am
Bump!

(Sticky please mods)

Who's coming guys??

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 1:04pm
Sorry, no can do. Will be sending a few questions though.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Mr Fantastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Fantastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 8:29pm
I WILL NOT MISS THIS FOR THE WORLD .....WHEN HE DID ME FOR DRINK DRIVING HE REFUSED TO GIVE ME MY GIN AND TONIC BACK AFTER HE BREATHALISED ME .....I MEAN THATS JUST NOT CIVILISED...I TRIED TO TELL HIM IT WAS BASED ON MEDICAL GROUNDS AS I SUFFERED FROM MALERIA AND CRAMP AND NEED THE TANNIN IN THE SODA ,,,IT ALSO CONTIBUTED TO MY INABILITY TO WALK IN A STRAIGHT LINE ....BARSTUARD OF A COP
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 9:15am

Should be there.

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 9:53am
Apologies, can't make it tonight ... work commitments !
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 10:32am
As I'm about 180 miles nearer than is usual, I'm going to try very hard to get along tonight!

Sant View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 10:51pm
Really enjoyed tonight. Amazing we can have such high quality speakers for just the cost of membership. Brilliant!!!

Then raise the scarlet standard high.
Within its shade we'll live and die,
Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer,
We'll keep the red flag flying here.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 10:52pm
Nigel was a very good speaker and it was very entertaining night!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

As I'm about 180 miles nearer than is usual, I'm going to try very hard to get along tonight!

Good to meet you tonight Nobby Sospan-enjoy half term !
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 10:57pm
Great night!!

Good to meet up with Nobby Sosban too!!

Only downside was the amount of people turning up. Would have thought there would be more there TBH.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 10:59pm
How many were there?

Did Whitey put that bloke who harps on about referees at every bloody meeting's mind at rest?
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 11:28pm
great night fair play. nigel spoke very well and put a different perspective on things. excellent.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 12:21am
Chuffed to finally make a Crys16 event, and brilliant to put faces to virtual names - thanks for having me Dorian, Barrie & all.

Great to also meet the human beings who make things tick, and same goes for Nigel Whitehouse - refreshing to hear his views on recent matches & developments in the game. Good luck to him in getting WRU funding for his vision from now till RWC 2027, and in blooding Italian refs in more suitable fixtures!

I'm off to buy myself a tapered ACME Thunderer (You had to be there...)

...on which note, anyone not yet a Crys16 member - what are you waiting for?! Great events, fantastic value, top people, backed by the club - what's not to love?

Diolch yn fawr iawn, pawb!

Edited by NobbySosban - 29 October 2014 at 8:40am
randelan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 8:27am
Good evening, interesting to get an insight into the Pro 12 set up for refs. Would be great next time to get the new independant pro 12 refs chairman present.
Still not quite sure on their refs "Matrix" for allocating them to games.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 8:50am
that would be nice in theory but then the refs are so thinly spread and he is an English based guy I thought, so it renders it unlikely I would think. Nigel of course also only lives locally in Penclawydd so easier for him and in any event for the mass group, he gave us a significant insight into reffing in Wales/Pro 12 which gives us all a bit of reality check on their job. Really informative evening and those who missed it did genuinely miss a good, solid rugby night. I am sure Nigel does guest speaker nights at club dinners for a fee (he is entertaining enough) and he came to Crys for nothing -diolch Nigel !Clap 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic