Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team v Ospreys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2014 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

Good team as well in the forward, I expect better quality in backs, no way! I hope Parkes can be a crack for us, but the trouble are on the wings, I would like to watch Liam on the wing and Evans at fullback, the young player played well last week.
The injuries this year have been our biggest opponent

we have had injuries yes but no more so than other teams our biggest opponent has been not knowing what to do with the ball when we get it.

I know so much wht you said, but Im the last man on earth to critic staff work, but I know so much our trouble and the few thing did for chancing this
Sponsored Links

Wil Scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2014 at 9:21pm
I think Barclay will be a fine deputy tomorrow
Scott Williams - I think I'll cut down on the fags!
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 10:32am
If we decide to play with the intensity we showed in the second half of the Blues game - with some degree of accuracy - we may be OK. 

Always hate this fixture. But there is no way we should be humiliated this year. It's keeping heads up that's the big thing. They have leaders in the form of AWJ, Bigger, Tipuric and we need Barclay, Rhys, Emyr et al. to stand up and be counted.
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 12:17pm
Game day is here. I don't have the same feeling as previous Os games no idea why but if we can dominate in the forwards then we have a chance. We must use the scrum to our advantage, line out has to function a lot better and if rhys can play like he did against the blues then we can win. Big first start for parkes , hope he steps up.. Never take a backward step in defence and make hard yards in the midfield. Sing loud and proud, cheer on the boys!
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by PTScarlet PTScarlet wrote:

Game day is here. I don't have the same feeling as previous Os games no idea why but if we can dominate in the forwards then we have a chance. We must use the scrum to our advantage, line out has to function a lot better and if rhys can play like he did against the blues then we can win. Big first start for parkes , hope he steps up.. Never take a backward step in defence and make hard yards in the midfield. Sing loud and proud, cheer on the boys!

I don't think your alone PT such is the depth of our expectations these days,normally the forum is buzzing on derby day it's flat today.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 12:42pm
O's play as a team and we don't -shows a team is more important than a few star players. We also lack leaders- will Parkes kick start this in the backs? Huge game for him. 
barry bag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barry bag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 1:01pm
Can't understand how the O's are so far up the league. There's nothing in them. Williams and Shingler back and Rhys to play a full game maybe. Hope we don't fold and let them run all over us. I'll be in the Vine Thumbs Up with another tv to watch if all goes wrong again Unhappy
wetweatherwinger View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetweatherwinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by barry bag barry bag wrote:

Can't understand how the O's are so far up the league. There's nothing in them. Williams and Shingler back and Rhys to play a full game maybe. Hope we don't fold and let them run all over us. I'll be in the Vine Thumbs Up with another tv to watch if all goes wrong again Unhappy

We are well coached, great team spirit, settled selection policy, excellent recruitment and development and as you've alluded to...completely underrated.
I hope the opposition and media continue to write us off.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by wetweatherwinger wetweatherwinger wrote:

We are well coached, great team spirit, settled selection policy, excellent recruitment and development and as you've alluded to...completely underrated.
Yes, I agree, the key thing being that there seems to be a system that every player knows like the back of their hand, and each player executes their part of the game plan like clockwork.  I can't imagine an Os player making a clean break from a set piece, and no other player within 20m to support him.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 27 December 2014 at 2:15pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by wetweatherwinger wetweatherwinger wrote:

Yes, I agree, the key thing being that there seems to be a system that every player knows like the back of their hand, and each player executes their part of the game plan like clockwork.  I can't imagine an Os player making a clean break from a set piece, and no other player within 20m to support him.

To add insult to injury I reckon Cuthbert called to Scotty "Pass Scott " or something similar as Scott just passed so quickly to him! Classic sucker which we have all fallen for! But yes where was that support! Has to be coaching issue surely?  
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 3:54pm
I don't think Pivac knows the Strengths and weaknesses of the all the Scarlets players yet, let alone those of the opposition. He is still experimenting with different combinations, and some selections have a "it's the best we can do for now" look about them. Hopefully not too many of his best players will leave before the start of next season and he will be able to add some more of his own choosing.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 4:08pm
Our squad strength is so weak we will never catch up with our neighbours. Blues have better players than us and the Dragons are improving week by week. Just watched Bath and Exeter, we could never hope to compete with Exeter let alone Bath. Exeter have improved season on season, we have got weaker. Can't see any] way out for Welsh pro rugby when the English are spending £6k to 7k a season on their squads (and more each season) whilst we are limited to 3.5k.
Best of luck to the team this evening, I've got a feeling we will need loads of it.
Keep the faith
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Our squad strength is so weak we will never catch up with our neighbours. Blues have better players than us and the Dragons are improving week by week. Just watched Bath and Exeter, we could never hope to compete with Exeter let alone Bath. Exeter have improved season on season, we have got weaker. Can't see any] way out for Welsh pro rugby when the English are spending £6k to 7k a season on their squads (and more each season) whilst we are limited to 3.5k.
Best of luck to the team this evening, I've got a feeling we will need loads of it.

We are limited to exactly the same as the Ospreys, officially.

They're currently 2nd in the table, with a game in hand. 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Ye we will never compete with the Ospreys or English rugby a superpower Exeter Chiefs. It's not as if we have recently beaten Leicester. I think you've gone way over the top with your comment. We should have at the very least more depth in our squad next season. If we can keep Samson, Sanjay, Jake, Scott etc and just build depth in our squad we can at least be competitive, just look at Glasgow not many stars there. Plus were aren't limited to 3.5 k anymore

Edited by scarletnut - 27 December 2014 at 4:18pm
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 4:24pm
Yes but the Ospreys are spending to their limit and probably more as are the Blues. I can't believe we or the Dragons are spending anywhere near our limit. Anyway who is policing it.
Keep the faith
rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 4:45pm
There's not much between us player for player , It's just theirs perform and ours don't . We are well capable of getting a win but we are also capable of shipping 50 points .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic