Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Top 6 is vital

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top 6 is vital
    Posted: 16 January 2015 at 9:43pm
Seeing the Blues score a century against Rovigo sends shivers down my spine.

The Parker Amlin is nowhere to aspire to being. We've got to bust a gut for a top 6 finish.
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 9:47pm
Your right and a number 8
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 9:48pm
Top 6 is vital cause of we deserve to stay in a competion like Champions cup
Jag View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

Seeing the Blues score a century against Rovigo sends shivers down my spine.

The Parker Amlin is nowhere to aspire to being. We've got to bust a gut for a top 6 finish.

If we end up in it we have to use it to build our attacking game, and we have to win it.

Agree we don't want to be in it though obviously. Top 6 not out of the question if we can get a few players back from injuryZ
Ymlaen Llanelli!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 10:02pm
Need a reserve tighthead as well because those two who played tonight just aren't good enough. Joe Rees would be a wise signing
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Need a reserve tighthead as well because those two who played tonight just aren't good enough. Joe Rees would be a wise signing

Be fair scarletnut, they were up against a pretty decent front row and replacements
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by PTScarlet PTScarlet wrote:

Be fair scarletnut, they were up against a pretty decent front row and replacements
ye but they aren't good enough. I say it as I see it. They tried their best but I'm sorry I just don't get why people on here rate Pete the meat. Decent at a lower level but he isn't a great scrummager and is a passenger in the loose. Next season we obviously have Samson and aRhodri. I'd sign Joe Rees and promote Javan Sebastien.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 10:15pm
Pete was solid until Ayerza who is World class came on. He's definitely worthy of a fourth place tight head hearth.

Joe Rees doesn't seem able to get in the Wuss team in the Chamkpionship, he's only made 5 appearances off the bench all season. That's at a level where Pete excelled so I'm not sure why you think he will be any better.

The Leicester front row are one of the strongest in the game with more depth than any team in the Aviva. There's no shame in performing as we did against them with so many injuries.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 10:21pm

Meat did well tonight with a world class loose head coming on after 55 mins or so he was bound to struggle .

Jacob been a huge let down for us
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Pete was solid until Ayerza who is World class came on. He's definitely worthy of a fourth place tight head hearth.

Joe Rees doesn't seem able to get in the Wuss team in the Chamkpionship, he's only made 5 appearances off the bench all season. That's at a level where Pete excelled so I'm not sure why you think he will be any better.

The Leicester front row are one of the strongest in the game with more depth than any team in the Aviva. There's no shame in performing as we did against them with so many injuries.
he's a liability in the loose. Rees has been injured and is highly rated
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 10:23pm

I,m quietly confident a top 6 finish awaits us
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 10:27pm
Thought Pete acquitted himself well until they changed their LH.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 11:47pm
Didn't Adam Jones predict that Joe Rees would be the next Welsh tight head? Before injuries and the scrum changes obviously.
If we could sign Rees and he can hold his own, I'm assuming we'd let Adriaansee go, which would give us a pool of four Welsh Qualified tight heads.
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2015 at 12:02am

Perhaps you should come and watch the Scarlets now and again!

Our scrum tonight was pretty solid. We lost via our line out and in ability to cope with a driving lineout.

I guess a new tighthead would solve that?   Confused

Page the oracle
Jag View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2015 at 12:04am
Pete did well. They were always going to have the benefit of a strong bench. Adriaanse isn't good enough to merit a NWQ spot, and is tol injury prone. Pete as fourth choice would be fine if we can bring in one more to replace Jacobie.
Ymlaen Llanelli!
Westwalian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westwalian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2015 at 12:09am
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Didn't Adam Jones predict that Joe Rees would be the next Welsh tight head? Before injuries and the scrum changes obviously.
If we could sign Rees and he can hold his own, I'm assuming we'd let Adriaansee go, which would give us a pool of four Welsh Qualified tight heads.

Doesn't adriaansee become WQ next season anyway?

Just read the Blues started Scott Andrews at second row LOL
Defender of Priestland
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic