Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grand Slam.quotes.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grand Slam.quotes.
    Posted: 23 February 2015 at 7:01pm
I'm sure many of you will have watched the classic Welsh film Grand Slam. I make no apology of thinking of the film, with myself going on.my own pilgrimage there this weekend. Which is your favourite line ? Here are a few that spring to.mind.
"Go the whole hog Mog"
I'll be up that boulevard like a bat out of hell"
Don't fight it love don't fight it"
"It's none of the chateau De neuf crap for me it's Felinfoel ales or nothing.
"I got to go love I got a stand ticket"

West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Sponsored Links

TheOracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2015 at 7:49pm
My little Butterfly
ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2015 at 8:13pm
I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere, so beware!
Scarlets am Byth
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2015 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by ewbank2 ewbank2 wrote:

Got to be this every time....
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2015 at 10:34pm
Yes its a classic line. They need to put the film on tv again. I talk to.lots of younger people and they haven't seen the film. The strip club scenes were filmed in St Peters rugby club.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2015 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

absolute classic theres something magisterial too about the way the great hugh Griffiths aka caradog (carrot dog) emerges from the bathroom after combing his dennis healy eyebrows and simParc y Scarletsays "let us commence!" everything he did in that film had me in stitches, his drunken stupor , his roaming eyes, his undertaker outfit, damn it that's a guy who stole mutiny on the bounty off brando and Ben hur off charlton Heston and was too cool to bother turning up to collect his oscar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXNC3Br9EM0
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2015 at 11:10pm
Red you fool!!!
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 4:57am
Love the exchange between Maldwyn and Mog Jones in the bathroom. .... "It's not for your upstairs it's for your downstairs" "What, your feet!" Priceless film
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 8:58am
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

Indeed - though there are many other contenders.

Not only should younger fans see this because it's a brilliant, funny film - but because it really is pretty close to the 'truth' of how things were in those days. Would be a bit of an eye-opener for the mobile phone/internet generation!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 9:01am
Actually, thinking about it - I believe the Germans show exactly the same film on New Year's Eve that has been on for 40 years or more, as a tradition.

IMHO, the Welsh Assembly Government should pass a law that every 2 years, on the eve of the France v Wales game in Paris, 'Grand Slam' should be shown on BBC Wales!Thumbs Up
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 9:36am
Go the whole hog, Mog!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic