Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nigel Davies Appointed Ebbw Vale head coach

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 6:27pm
Whether you think Nigel is excellent or flawed, the idea that his return would merit the throwing away of a season ticket is beyond parody of an SF post!
Ymlaen Llanelli!
Sponsored Links

DDF View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote DDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 7:11pm
ND recently said he saw his main strengths in the administration side of rugby. Personally would be comfortable if he came back to the region in an administrative role (e.g head of academy) rather than returning in any coaching capacity.

Either way a real coup of a signing for Ebbw.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Jag Jag wrote:

Whether you think Nigel is excellent or flawed, the idea that his return would merit the throwing away of a season ticket is beyond parody of an SF post!

Throwing a season ticket away is just daft, because I would have just wasted £230. I would have had to have considered not renewing. There's a subtle differance. Not exaggeration for comic effect I'm afraid, just honesty, those thoughts did cross my mind.

Excellent? - No evidence of that, flawed? - ish? I would run with - lacking substance. That's what I thought when he was first given the job and that was found to be true at Gloucester within 18 months. WRU (post Gareth era) in less than that. Could he have dined off the play of a backline comprising, Stevo, Regan, Priestland, Morgan Stoddart and Sean Lamont? Maybe?

We had less money then than now, so maybe he was all we could afford? But false ecomomy imo. Wasted years? We'll never know how much differance an experienced head coach would have made.

Good luck to him at Ebbw, perhaps this was the level he should have started his head coaching career at. Being at Furnace didnt do Gareth any harm.

Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 10:28pm
in fairness to nigel he had several years as a number 2 at the region and for wales before he took the head coaches job, not like he was parachuted straight in after he had just finished as a player

certainly had a far better coaching cv than easterby did when he got the head coaches job
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 11:10am
Good luck to him at Ebbw Vale
And We Were Singing...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic