Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro12 fixtures 2015-16

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 4:48pm
Relieved I haven't wasted money on a season ticket... 
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by 2ndtimeround 2ndtimeround wrote:

Oh well, total waste of money for season tickets, how the hell can we end up with 3 consecutive Friday night home games. thats 3 empty 1872 seats at least, games might be on the telly but they will be showing a lot of emParc y Scarletseats in the crowd.
To whoever agreed this fixture list at the club all I can say is you are obviously completely incompetent and should resign immediately, this season has not even kicked off and for the 1st time ever I am questioning whether to bother renewing my tickets once this season ends.
Bit harsh to say the least. They wouldn't have had much of a say in it. It's down to TV mainly.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 5:08pm
I accept that the ko time and day are down to tv. But the way the fixtures are allocated isn't. The audacity of the league is staggering they are so completely arrogant. They know they are shafting us but they don't care. We have to find somewhere else to play our rugby. If we can't get with the English I'd apply to join the second division in France or England.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 5:21pm
me too Bryn
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by solihullscarlet solihullscarlet wrote:

Yep we play over a quarter of our home league games in the spce of 22 days whilst as per usual Ulster are H A H A A H A H A H A H A H A H. We have got to get out of this disastrous shambles.

Yep, I can see why they are laughing alright.

1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Exkixu Exkixu wrote:

Originally posted by solihullscarlet solihullscarlet wrote:

Yep we play over a quarter of our home league games in the space of 22 days

Yep, I can see why they are laughing alright.

and those games are during the RWC when our internationals are away...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 5:59pm
I think I'm right in saying that between the Dragons, Scarlets and Blues, there are just 3 home fixtures on a Saturday from now until 2016.

That is not viable in this country. We cannot belong to a league in which that happens.

We need out ASAP.
Havard Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 6:07pm
Ok. Let's try and put a positive light on this. 1st up we have Glasgow away. I can't see any better time to pplay the reigning Champs away apart from when their Internationals are away. And by god are their team normally filled with internationals. Saturday evening too, nice for travelling fans.
Next up Ulster home. Again on a Saturday, but afternoon this time. X fingers for nice weather when we played them home at the start of last season. Try fest.
Next. Take a hit. Sh!tty away trip to Zebra. Hopefully they will be depleted of internationals as this could be a banana skin.
Next. Leinster home on Friday night prime time baby. Should be a good crowd if we are impressive with our earlier games.
Next up, wait a minute, another prime time home game against an irish team. Great for us and they bring a loaf of fans too.
Next round is sh!t for us and Ulster with regards kick off times. However with a work cup playoff going to grab TV audiences. Had to happen to someone. Could be a big day that though with watching the World cup game straight after in the barn. Marketing ploy I tell you.

I'm not going through them all as I genuinely feel they are not nearly as bad as some posts on here suggest. It's a world cup year and we have to suck it up. Possibly a chance to get extra audiences involved as the JEFF doesn't start until after the world cup. Also this 4 games in 22 days malarkey tells me one every week for four weeks. Isn't that what normally happens?

The choice is simple. Be grumpy bar stewards and focus on the negative or take the positives out of this. Our punts and depleted squad can surprise everyone and get on a bit of a run before World cup boys return. Everyone will be saying how well it all fell for us then.

Edited by Havard Fan - 17 July 2015 at 6:10pm
Airdaa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airdaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 6:12pm
The three home fixtures on aSaturday between the three lowest placed Welsh teams is down to Sky wanting Saturday's but also wanting attractive fixtures hence your Home game against Ulster featuring.
Obviously neither BBC Wales nor SC4 not interested in Saturday fixtures. SC4 seem to prioritise the Welsh football league in their Saturday slot.
You should be chasing the Welsh TV channels not the Pro12
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 6:13pm
Oh dear. It is shit isn't it.
I just can't understand why every team can't play alternate home/away fixtures. 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

3 Ulster home games

3 Friday nights

What a corrupt shambles of a competition.

Hugely inconvenient that New Years Day is a Friday, spoiling the season profile immensely by making Ulster play one on a Saturday. Shameful.
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Oh well, total waste of money for season tickets, how the hell can we end up with 3 consecutive Friday night home games. thats 3 empty 1872 seats at least, games might be on the telly but they will be showing a lot of emParc y Scarletseats in the crowd.
To whoever agreed this fixture list at the club all I can say is you are obviously completely incompetent and should resign immediately, this season has not even kicked off and for the 1st time ever I am questioning whether to bother renewing my tickets once this season ends.
Bit harsh to say the least. They wouldn't have had much of a say in it. It's down to TV mainly.

Why is it harsh? if someone is been paid by the club to get the best possible deal for the club and they walk away accepting this as the best they could achieve then they clearly are not even capable of negotiating with a market trader let alone other professional organisations.
We are still operating in an economy where money is tight and we are targeting a family audience, yet some clown thinks the fans can actually afford to attend 3 consecutive home games on the trot, all on a Friday night when so many fans have to take time of work, plus its at a time when most families thoughts are turning toward the cost of Xmas and tightening their belts to accommodate this, the lack of commercial awareness at Parc y Scarlets goes from bad to worse each year.
Airdaa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airdaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 6:25pm
Congratulations Harvard Fan first reasonable and logical post on the subject.
Ulster are fortunate in that instead of having to keep 3 other teams and 3 TV channels happy we only have BBC NI and Sky to deal with. Like ScrumV, BBC NI want Friday nights as do our Fans, the Ulster Branch which also runs the Amatuer game also prefer to keep away from Saturday's so as not to effect the Clubs.
As for Sunday matches at home,this is another no no with two churches one in particular backing directly on to the grounds, it makes waves best avoided.
We have had games on a Sunday but only under protest from our supporters and from outside sources.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 6:28pm
You don't really get it do you?

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 6:33pm

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Why is it harsh? if someone is been paid by the club to get the best possible deal for the club and they walk away accepting this as the best they could achieve then they clearly are not even capable of negotiating with a market trader let alone other professional organisations.
We are still operating in an economy where money is tight and we are targeting a family audience, yet some clown thinks the fans can actually afford to attend 3 consecutive home games on the trot, all on a Friday night when so many fans have to take time of work, plus its at a time when most families thoughts are turning toward the cost of Xmas and tightening their belts to accommodate this, the lack of commercial awareness at Parc y Scarlets goes from bad to worse each year.
The club have little or no say in it. It's down to tv companies
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 6:34pm
For people calling for Saturday 2-3pm kick off times what about the large amount of our supporters that actually play,coach or referee rugby at that time on a Saturday?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic