Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zebre V Scarlets (Match Thread)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 4:32pm
I'd say our expectations are about right, the question is why we don't get near them.
Sponsored Links

Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 4:45pm
Havili was much better wing than Tagi, at least he had pace, acceleration and a swerve.  Apart from his frequent injuries I really don't think he has the basic attributes to play wing and he may be doing so because we are short of wings.
daveoda View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 4:50pm
FWIW Zebre had a friendly game against Calvisano the previous week while our players weren't playing;I feel that may be the reason why they were sharper than us in the first half.

Poor game overall but a win is a win.

Edited by daveoda - 05 October 2015 at 4:52pm
YMLAEN SCARLETS!!!
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

I'd rather play with 14 men than have Tagi in the team. Have we had a worse winger playing for us?

Thats is a ridiculous quote, Tagi has played very well for us , he may not have scored tries and may not be the try scorer we need but his defence and work around the field is great and when he does carry the ball he always makes hard yards.

Toulon away last year Tagi was outstanding
Tagi has played very well for us

No he hasn't, he's been toilet.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 7:22pm
Tagi is brave but limited. Think I'd rather see one of the young guys get a chance, but the ones I'm thinking of presumably didn't progress in the academy (????), otherwise why are Aaron Warren and Dion Jones not (apparently) in the picture? These guys did really well for Wales U-20s, and seemed to have pace and no little skill/rugby nous. Maybe there are good reasons why players like those don't step up, but I'm not in the loop and don't know what they are.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

I'd say our expectations are about right, the question is why we don't get near them.
I guess it's similar to when we have a visiting side who on paper should beat us comfortably and in fact we make it very difficult for them. Home sides raise their game against big visitors.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Havili was much better wing than Tagi, at least he had pace, acceleration and a swerve.  Apart from his frequent injuries I really don't think he has the basic attributes to play wing and he may be doing so because we are short of wings.

Rose tinted specs there as far as i'm concerned.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 9:27am
Attendances...

Newcastle Emlyn v RGC 1404 - 312 souls

Zebre v Scarlets - 200 souls

PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Attendances...

I can't believe that, even if it says it on the Pro 12 website, 3/4 of their main stand was full, and there were surely more than 100 in the stand where the cameras were. Definitely at least 500 there.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 11:16am
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

Attendances...

I can't believe that, even if it says it on the Pro 12 website, 3/4 of their main stand was full, and there were surely more than 100 in the stand where the cameras were. Definitely at least 500 there.
that'll be the o's average attendance at the liability stadium,if they continue the way they're playing at the moment.
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 8:20pm
Do sheep have souls?
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

Attendances...

that'll be the o's average attendance at the liability stadium,if they continue the way they're playing at the moment.

Wherever you got that from it's wrong. There were 20 odd Scarlets fans there and we definitely weren't a fifth of the crowd. A couple of thousand minimum.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
llanelli_boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote llanelli_boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 9:02pm
It has only just dawned on me ( I imagine mentioned many a time on Fever), but we have been playing the current 'in thing' of world rugby - 2 7's in the back row. I know it is through lack of depth than anything else, but cudos to Wayne, the back room staff and especially John Barclay. 
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by llanelli_boy llanelli_boy wrote:

It has only just dawned on me ( I imagine mentioned many a time on Fever), but we have been playing the current 'in thing' of world rugby - 2 7's in the back row. I know it is through lack of depth than anything else, but cudos to Wayne, the back room staff and especially John Barclay. 

And we're even doing it the way Oz do, one of the sevens packing down at eight. The next new thing is to play two fly halves in the backline- England, as an over-reaction, are playing three against Uruguay.

As an additional thought, law changes are bound to push the game away from the power/size emphasis and towards speed and skill. For no other reason than to lessen the injury rate. So we, and Oz, may well be in the vanguard of a new game style.  
scarlet_rob View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by llanelli_boy llanelli_boy wrote:

Well considering we went so long without a 7 in the team and played a backrow of 6s, it's refreshing to have two quality 7s in our team.
OwainLlanedi View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OwainLlanedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by solihullscarlet solihullscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

Attendances...

Wherever you got that from it's wrong. There were 20 odd Scarlets fans there and we definitely weren't a fifth of the crowd. A couple of thousand minimum.

There's absolutely no way that's correct, you're right. I'd estimate there was about 1,500 there.

Whilst the crowds aren't huge, the setup there was fantastic for the visiting fan. A bit of time, a bit more success and they could really be a positive asset for the league.

Edited by OwainLlanedi - 07 October 2015 at 9:45pm
"Er gwaetha pob Dic Siôn Dafydd, Er gwaetha 'rhen Fagi a'i chriw, Byddwn yma hyd ddiwedd amser, A bydd yr iaith Gymraeg yn fyw!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic