Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Matavesi cited

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matavesi cited
    Posted: 29 December 2015 at 11:53am
Josh Matavesi has been cited for his tackle on Gareth Owen.

Hearing Wednesday
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Sponsored Links

multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 12:02pm
And yet Nigel saw nothing at all wrong with the challenge....

Doesn't help us much does it!!
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
mad scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mad scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 12:06pm
Mm but he found plenty wrong with jake balls challenge strange really
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 12:18pm
Best ref in the world though.......
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 12:52pm

Not a dam bit of good to us ,a yellow card at the time a game changer,without a doubt .
wetweatherwinger View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetweatherwinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 1:07pm
He's been charged with dropping or driving. He did neither. The leg was raised momentarily but Owen landed on his back, Mata landed with him.
Has Ball been cited? Much more dangerous.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 1:07pm
Does anyone have the stats on games that Nigel has reffed us v Ospreys and is able to quantify yellows and reds given to Scarlets against those given to Ospreys?
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by wetweatherwinger wetweatherwinger wrote:

He's been charged with dropping or driving. He did neither. The leg was raised momentarily but Owen landed on his back, Mata landed with him.
Has Ball been cited? Much more dangerous.

At the time, me eyes told me that the Scarlets player landed on his head. That wouldn't have happened if the tackle wasn't made.

I haven't seen it enough times to really comment and wouldn't really sit here and argue with anyone who has had the time to review it and come to a different conclusion. What I will say is that if it was worthy of a penalty upon TMO review, it must have been considered as dangerous. That being the case (and as we were all told on the Warburton case), a card is mandatory. It can't be a bit of a tip tackle - it either is or it isn't. If it is, it's s card, if it's not then not even a penalty should have been awarded.

As I said, if you've seen it again and say there's nothing in it, I'll believe you.

Edited by Abbey - 29 December 2015 at 1:15pm
Tumblescarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tumblescarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 1:22pm
Owens was probably right about Matavesi, but the problem is there is no consistency , we have all seen yellow cards given for tackles like that , and because of this the crowd reacts every time .
Referees including Owens are not consistent , they change their minds from game to game, it confuses fans and irritates players and coaches .
Wales only true rugby region.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 1:24pm
I'm unclear what differentiates a tip tackle from the different sanctions, is it intention? Recklessness? Outcome?

He lifted the players legs above horizontal and he landed on his shoulder, I don't think it was malicious but it was technically more of a tip tackle than Warburtons from every perspective so although personally I think a penalty was sufficient that's not consistent with previous outcomes.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 1:29pm
Anyone remember the Steve Jones yellow few seasons ago when we drew 9-9 I think it was? Nothing compared to what matavasi did yet he saw yellow. How lydiate didn't get one I'll never know. jakes wasn't as bad as some the Munster game where Rawlings got smashed was deemed fine?
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 1:37pm
There was a similar incident in the match between Leicester and Newcastle.

Agulla tackled Croft and received a YC upon checking with the TMO.

No different to Matavesi's IMO.

Consistency is the problem.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Anyone remember the Steve Jones yellow few seasons ago when we drew 9-9 I think it was? Nothing compared to what matavasi did yet he saw yellow. How lydiate didn't get one I'll never know. jakes wasn't as bad as some the Munster game where Rawlings got smashed was deemed fine?

I assume Lydiate didn't get a card as the game was pretty much over.  We were going to take the kick regardless of whether or not he was on the pitch, so what would have been the point in carding him.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Tumblescarlet Tumblescarlet wrote:

Owens was probably right about Matavesi, but the problem is there is no consistency , we have all seen yellow cards given for tackles like that , and because of this the crowd reacts every time .
Referees including Owens are not consistent , they change their minds from game to game, it confuses fans and irritates players and coaches .
Spot on
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 1:48pm

it was a yellow card all day,end of argument.if that was at the liberty and it was a scarlet player that done a similar offence,i certainly know what the outcome would have been from mr.untouchable.

I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 1:51pm
Consistency is important. Jake's yellow was cast iron, yet had he been a Samoan he'd have been fine.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic