Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Matavesi cited

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by wetweatherwinger wetweatherwinger wrote:

He's been charged with dropping or driving. He did neither. The leg was raised momentarily but Owen landed on his back, Mata landed with him.
Has Ball been cited? Much more dangerous.

Dropped him more on his shoulder/neck area than back the leg was also above the horizontal
Sponsored Links

Llywarch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Llywarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 2:09pm
Consistency really is the issue, I've no real problem with not sending the osprey off, as I don't think is was that dangerous, a penalty would have been enough, and even with Jakes yellow, in full speed it's clear Jake isnt looking at the ball really and he is fully committed to the tackle and less than a second late. Nigel reviewed a similar one in Toulon and said he didnt have time to pull out, yet Jake to my eyes had far less time and was hard to get out of his position. An example here of penalising the injury not the act.
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 2:17pm
The problem lies with Nigel Owen officiating the Scarlets, he always has and always will over compensate for it been his home region.
Lewsyn-yr-heliwr View Drop Down

suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Lewsyn-yr-heliwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by 2ndtimeround 2ndtimeround wrote:

The problem lies with Nigel Owen officiating the Scarlets, he always has and always will over compensate for it been his home region.

The problem with Nigel Owen is that he is a shameless self-publicist,immersed in the culture of celebrity,yet occupies a role that demands anonymity.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 2:59pm
For our sake I hope that the case against Matavesi is proven. However Stowers got away with a stiff arm on Fenby some years ago. 

I don't doubt that WWW has reviewed the incident several times, but then you'd hope that the TMO has done the same before issuing the citing ! At the moment therefore I wouldn't be too optimistic regarding Matavesi getting away with the matter. Perhaps the O's may even plead guilty to avoid a longer ban for him.

Secondly it may make NO be a little more circumspect when refereeing us from now on. Apparently NO dismissed the AR's call on this incident, but he'd been doing that consistently throughout the game. I hope NO learns his lesson.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 3:04pm

He's been charged with dropping or driving. He did neither. The leg was raised momentarily but Owen landed on his back, Mata landed with him.

Consistency !!! Look at what happened to Rawlins after he'd made a tackle in the Munster game. It was clear to everyone that he'd been ko'd when making the tackle, and he was still hit late and with a side entry. No action taken.

Leg raised momentarily is an admission of guilt. Hope he makes that point before the disciplinary panel.
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

For our sake I hope that the case against Matavesi is proven. However Stowers got away with a stiff arm on Fenby some years ago. 

I don't doubt that WWW has reviewed the incident several times, but then you'd hope that the TMO has done the same before issuing the citing ! At the moment therefore I wouldn't be too optimistic regarding Matavesi getting away with the matter. Perhaps the O's may even plead guilty to avoid a longer ban for him.

Secondly it may make NO be a little more circumspect when refereeing us from now on. Apparently NO dismissed the AR's call on this incident, but he'd been doing that consistently throughout the game. I hope NO learns his lesson.

The most N.O will do is apologise again, probably not even that now though as he does seem to have developed a quite unique sense of self importance.
sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 3:27pm

Absolute BS. His legs went above the horizontal and Owens head touched the ground a fraction of a second after his shoulder. Sorry but that's what the slow Mo replay showed
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by sgsmorgan sgsmorgan wrote:

Absolute BS. His legs went above the horizontal and Owens head touched the ground a fraction of a second after his shoulder. Sorry but that's what the slow Mo replay showed

Well during the match NO was apparently heard to say on the ref cam that he only lifted one leg and not above the horizontal !!!

How did Gareth therefore land head/shoulder first I'll never know ! Matavesi landed with him says nothing at all. That could have been because he lost Owen and couldn't hold the weight when he'd tipped him !

Edited by ap sior - 29 December 2015 at 3:42pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 4:02pm

More dangerous!?! Typical one eyed osprey. You're having a laugh.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 4:07pm

Ball got a yellow deservedly so changes game Matevesi commits tip tackle penalty given so he does commit offence does not get yellow again game changing. No sanction that helps the Scarlets that's what is wrong.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 4:15pm
should have been yellow on the day, citing not much good to us or result of game now! 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by 2ndtimeround 2ndtimeround wrote:

Disagree with that I watched the Ospreys v Blues game a few weeks back , he refereed it as he did our game on Boxing Day totally inconsistent at the breakdown and nearly all 50-50s going to Ospreys .

I really feel for the players who have to play against the Ospreys with him in charge,they continually put there bodies on the line and deep down they must realise winning a game against 16 players is nigh impossible .

A  couple of years ago a Welsh International called Nigel Owens a cheat to his face on a Welsh language programme ,he had obviously been on the end of these blatant inconsistency,s in previous games 
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 4:19pm
How many big games has Nigel refereed now that have had controversy follow him? Seems to be every one he officiates. Yet he's untouchable as the people's hero of refereeingdom.

Awful stuff.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Yes, he did forcefully dismiss his assistant. If I remember rightly he said "No need for a second look. Carry on". It was only when it was replayed on the big screen did he signal time out.

As I posted before, his constant dismissal of his assistants throughout the game, including issuing two stern warnings, saying their calls were marginal at best, was nothing short of appalling. Scarlets should ask that he not referee them in future. It works in football.

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

How many big games has Nigel refereed now that have had controversy follow him? Seems to be every one he officiates. Yet he's untouchable as the people's hero of refereeingdom.

Awful stuff.

My biggest gripe with him, when refereeing this fixture, is that the vast majority of the yellows are dished out only one way. You'd think that over the years things would even out, but they don't. We don't lose our heads that badly against them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic