Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rory Pitman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rory Pitman
    Posted: 16 January 2016 at 2:10pm

Its great to see Rory back fit and in the team to start tomorrow ,I saw his Scarlet debut last season in Bath and what a performance he put in athletic,great carrying and ball handling ,yes people will say it was a pre season friendly ? but Bath were fully loaded and the game was played with pace and intensity .

He took that form into the first league game at home to Ulster was outstanding and man of the match,as he was our mom out in Ulster in Europe ,before injury effected his form and fitness ,but when he returned to fitness really played well off the bench .
Sponsored Links

Havard Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 2:16pm
Agreed he has the size, speed and apart from some dropped restarts, a good set of hands. I think he was carrying too much weight last year and as a result he used to drift out of games. Seen him in the barn this year and he looks like he has dropped the weight but bulked up more in the gym. I hope the stories about attitude are exaggerated or resolved and he can find some form. Would be great to have the options of Pitman, Allen and Condy all competing for places.
Llywarch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llywarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 2:58pm
Clywch clywch!
Good luck to him, would be great if he ran over the worlds best ever outside half to score the winner and shove it in the faces of his doubters!
Pob lwc Rory!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 3:44pm
delighted hes back , pob lwc
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 4:41pm
Us by three pts then is it?
Thumbs Up
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 6:16pm
Pitman has the physical attributes - if he's fit and determined, then he'll be a real asset.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 7:57pm
Dream on people - he's been with us for 18 months & is now playing for his future/contract. If he had shown the comittment & dedication required of a pro then it would not be in doubt. I am afraid he is in danger of becoming another Wasps cast off along with Will Taylor. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 8:40pm

I agree to disagree ,Pitman showed he can play at regional level,Taylor has nt impressed at semi pro level .
Llywarch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llywarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 9:11pm
Agree with 157cb, whilst I'm not a fan of Pitman's attitude, and I'm sure most of us find it hard to understand why players given the opportunity to play in the jersey don't give it their 100%. He's playing for more than a contract now, i imagine he's playing for his career. It's the job of the coaches to never give up on a player and give him the chance he deserves!
I think he might suprise a few tomorrow, if he's fit he has all the skills. Pob lwc!
matt_george View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt_george Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2016 at 1:28pm
Didn't see the game yesterday, but by all accounts I've read so far, Pitman wasn't up to much (not the only one it seems).

Anyone else care to comment?
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2016 at 2:03pm
He was woeful in all honesty. The guy seems to have all of the attributes, but whilst Mark says above he is fit I thought he looked in poor shape, no way conditioned.

And he was a defensive liability on so many occasions. Truly awful to see.

Was so hopeful he would kick on, a genuine lumper who can carry. But miles off the pace yesterday imo.
#George
Havard Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2016 at 2:10pm
Pitman seemed in pain after every carry or tackle. He stayed down quite a few times holding his arm. I thought would be off on a few occasions.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2016 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

He was woeful in all honesty. The guy seems to have all of the attributes, but whilst Mark says above he is fit I thought he looked in poor shape, no way conditioned.

Was so hopeful he would kick on, a genuine lumper who can carry. But miles off the pace yesterday imo.
the ospreys have a knack of getting rid of deadwood which keeps them fresh and going forward,in the last few years we have had morgan allen,rory pitman, gareth owen ,Kristian phillips all of whom had injury problems with the o's yet we signed tham and all of them have had long absences due to injuries add to that tagi and that offers no sort of consistency in selection or having a settled team,people can have a go at the coaches but a lot of blame should be heaped on whoever sanctioned or suggested these signings and those are just a few there have been many more like them,rarely do you see the ospreys making such signings,
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2016 at 2:19pm
He certainly wasn't match fit, but I don't think we could really expect him to be starting after a long layoff and having to play a full game against possibly the best side in Europe. Having said that and admitting that he was easily beaten for one try I did notice him making more tackles and getting more involved than Allen, but maybe that because I was looking out for him to see how he went.
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2016 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

the ospreys have a knack of getting rid of deadwood which keeps them fresh and going forward,in the last few years we have had morgan allen,rory pitman, gareth owen ,Kristian phillips all of whom had injury problems with the o's yet we signed tham and all of them have had long absences due to injuries add to that tagi and that offers no sort of consistency in selection or having a settled team,people can have a go at the coaches but a lot of blame should be heaped on whoever sanctioned or suggested these signings and those are just a few there have been many more like them,rarely do you see the ospreys making such signings,

Didn't they sign Fia, who was injured at the time, and Steemkamp DeCock who miss the whole of his first season with them?
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2016 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Didn't they sign Fia, who was injured at the time, and Steemkamp DeCock who miss the whole of his first season with them?

They've also signed Delve on massive money - and his contribution has been non-existent (I don't even think he benches). They're doing well in Europe, but they don't always get things right in recruitment terms either.

If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic