Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > EVENTS AT Y PARC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nitro Circus Live - 17/06/16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nitro Circus Live - 17/06/16
    Posted: 07 February 2016 at 11:24am
https://www.facebook.com/events/1682549098654301/

"Direct from sell out shows across the globe, the world's greatest action sports show, Travis Pastrana's Nitro Circus Live, is coming to a host of all new cities in the UK! 

Featuring 30 of the world's best extreme athletes in freestyle motocross, BMX and anything you can imagine with wheels! Plus a host of ridiculous contraptions being launched 50ft into the air, by the crazy Nitro daredevils. 

Expect to see the world's biggest and most dangerous stunts, in a fully choreographed, actions sports, theatrical spectacular!"

Tickets on sale this Friday - prices from £31.90 - £53.90, VIP package is £75.90

Edited by minded - 07 February 2016 at 11:28am
Sponsored Links

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2016 at 11:32am
Realise as a fan of NC I might be a bit biased, but I think this is a great event for the stadium. Hope it sells well.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2016 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Realise as a fan of NC I might be a bit biased, but I think this is a great event for the stadium. Hope it sells well.
must be good at them prices.Wink
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2016 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I don't feel £32 is too much to ask people for 2-3 hours of entertainment, I saw Dynamo in Cardiff last night which was £60 a ticket for 2 hours. 

Quite a few people moaning about the ticket prices on the Facebook event, is it a West Wales thing that we love to whinge about the cost of tickets because I never see that from other events in Cardiff/Bristol?
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2016 at 10:31pm
Looks exciting, Ill pop down for this shindig
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 8:30am

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I don't feel £32 is too much to ask people for 2-3 hours of entertainment, I saw Dynamo in Cardiff last night which was £60 a ticket for 2 hours. 

Quite a few people moaning about the ticket prices on the Facebook event, is it a West Wales thing that we love to whinge about the cost of tickets because I never see that from other events in Cardiff/Bristol?

If it's for a family of 4 you're probably looking at spending around £170 for the event, in comparison you'd spend about £100 for a full day out in Oakwood.

Personally I'd say around £20/£25 is around the mark people would generally consider 'reasonable' but they'll know their market better than us and the going rate for a ticket.

Hope this and the Status Quo gig sell well so there'll be less fear of putting events on thereafter.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 8:39am
Who keeps the money from the ticket sales and who decides the prices ? I can't see it being us who decides them , I think some people just like to have a dig at the Scarlets
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 9:02am
The club's reluctance to put large scale events on recently was due to the financial risk so previously the attendance was the key factor (as opposed to the act/event hiring out the venue as their own risk).

I haven't got a clue how the mechanics of these events work but I'd be surprised any of the acts are prepared to take the risk so if we're taking a financial risk we should probably have an input to ticket prices.

I'm more than happy to be educated on the topic as I'd like to know how it all works and what variations there are.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 9:24am
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Who keeps the money from the ticket sales and who decides the prices ? I can't see it being us who decides them , I think some people just like to have a dig at the Scarlets
It's a set pricing scale, the tickets for the Hull and Sheffield nights are priced the same:

Edited by minded - 18 February 2016 at 9:24am
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 9:25am

is it a West Wales thing that we love to whinge about the cost of tickets because I never see that from other events in Cardiff/Bristol?

I think alot of the whinging is that peopel take kids to these events and the ticket prices all seem to be the same. So it is £33 for a 3 year old, and the same price for adults. If that is correct, that's a bit steep.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 9:27am
I'd have thought that whoever comes to Parc y Scarlets would ask for a fee.

In order for us to recoup money for the fee they charge, we have to estimate crowd numbers, other costs, staffing, etc. and somehow come up with a price that will give us a return for hosting the event.

That's my take on how things work.

Could be totally wrong mind.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 9:56am
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

is it a West Wales thing that we love to whinge about the cost of tickets because I never see that from other events in Cardiff/Bristol?

I think alot of the whinging is that peopel take kids to these events and the ticket prices all seem to be the same. So it is £33 for a 3 year old, and the same price for adults. If that is correct, that's a bit steep.
In those cases I can see the argument, I suppose it comes down to how much importance you value something against how much it'll cost you. I wouldn't pay £38.50 to see an aged rock band but i'm not going to knock anyone going who thinks it's worth the money.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 10:31am

I wouldn't pay £38.50 to see an aged rock band

Not even Thotch?
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 10:44am
absolutely brilliant capture not only for Parc y Scarlets but for the area. 

Nitro Circus will draw a huge crowd. 

Good week for events this...Status Quo and Nitro Circus. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic