Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Donald Trump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donald Trump
    Posted: 16 March 2016 at 1:04pm
Is it me, or is this guy a bigger threat to World peace and prosperity than any sabre rattling rhetoric that comes out of N Korea, or from the instability in the Middle East?

So concerned are the Republicans to stop him that they now realise that they have to valiantly attempt to hold him back until the party get together in July, by any means, and then try and scupper him by some preferred alternative, although said preferred choice of the party, Rubio, fell by the wayside today.

I did have visions of him and Palin in charge at the White House, a truly scary prospect, the personification of Dumb and Dumber in terms of international affairs.

I got the distinct impression that the Democrats were initially happy about the prospect of him winning and challenging Hilary. However, with the way his support is beginning to snowball amongst the focktard element in the US, even his ability to ostracise large sections of the US community may not be enough.

Perhaps there will be money to be made in bomb shelters yet

Edited by Once a monkey - 16 March 2016 at 1:34pm
#George
Sponsored Links

Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 1:33pm
They were talking Roy about the huge sections of the community he automatically disenfranchised with his views, Mexicans, large swathes of other immigrant groups, women etc. Hard to see how he could actually beat Hilary if it comes down to it and, as you say, she has a great black vote also.

Little by way of politics, it just seems that reassurances to make them safe and greater as a country, keep out immigrants and retain gun laws is sufficient.

Scary shit imo 

Where did you post go Roy?

Edited by Once a monkey - 16 March 2016 at 1:33pm
#George
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 1:36pm
It is SO scary.

He reminds me of the character Greg Stillson from Stephen King's The Dead Zone. For those who don't know the story, Christopher Walken in the film, has a strange power that when he shakes people's hands he sees visions of their futures. Greg Stillson played by Martin Sheen is a candidate running for Senator (in a not too dissimilar fashion to Trump's campaign). Walken shakes Stillson's hand and sees him in the future as a lunatic American President pressing the button and launching a nuclear missile attack.

Thankfully in the film, Walken changes the future.

And then to add to the potential nightmare can you imagine Trump on one side with Putin on the other?

Hope we win the European Cup soon. Wink Shocked Cry
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

They were talking Roy about the huge sections of the community he automatically disenfranchised with his views, Mexicans, large swathes of other immigrant groups, women etc. Hard to see how he could actually beat Hilary if it comes down to it and, as you say, she has a great black vote also.

Little by way of politics, it just seems that reassurances to make them safe and greater as a country, keep out immigrants and retain gun laws is sufficient.

Scary shit imo 

Where did you post go Roy?

Believe it or not trump is getting huge support from Mexican and south American immigrants
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 1:45pm
I will take your word for that Roy, but can't understand it after what he has proposed on the border and what he said generally about Mexicans
#George
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

It is SO scary.

He reminds me of the character Greg Stillson from Stephen King's The Dead Zone. For those who don't know the story, Christopher Walken in the film, has a strange power that when he shakes people's hands he sees visions of their futures. Greg Stillson played by Martin Sheen is a candidate running for Senator (in a not too dissimilar fashion to Trump's campaign). Walken shakes Stillson's hand and sees him in the future as a lunatic American President pressing the button and launching a nuclear missile attack.

And then to add to the potential nightmare can you imagine Trump on one side with Putin on the other?

Epic book, epic movie. They've made a tv series of of it now.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 2:49pm

I will take your word for that Roy, but can't understand it after what he has proposed on the border and what he said generally about Mexicans
It appears the majority of Mexican immigrants in America want to keep the other Mexicans out.
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

It appears the majority of Mexican immigrants in America want to keep the other Mexicans out.
It's a pretty messed up world we live in.
#George
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 3:41pm

I suppose even if you're an immigrant you can still be anti-immigrant. Look at Australia. Maybe it's a feeling of wanting something you - or recent ancestors - have fought hard to achieve preserved in value? Or just standard human hypocrisy?

Trump as president is genuinely scary some of the things he has said. He's clearly dumbing down his rhetoric when on tour but the sad thing is, it's working. I guess he has fascinated the world and a lot of journalists are making an easy living as a result.

I'm thinking of Futurama where the politics of the 30th century is two genetic clones of each other, Jack Johnson and John Jackson and then Richard Nixon's head on the robot killing-machine Destructor comes along.... Nixon's back, baby!

Bets Trump will end up being impeached? 
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

I suppose even if you're an immigrant you can still be anti-immigrant. Look at Australia. Maybe it's a feeling of wanting something you - or recent ancestors - have fought hard to achieve preserved in value? Or just standard human hypocrisy?

Trump as president is genuinely scary some of the things he has said. He's clearly dumbing down his rhetoric when on tour but the sad thing is, it's working. I guess he has fascinated the world and a lot of journalists are making an easy living as a result.

I'm thinking of Futurama where the politics of the 30th century is two genetic clones of each other, Jack Johnson and John Jackson and then Richard Nixon's head on the robot killing-machine Destructor comes along.... Nixon's back, baby!

He has chosen his target audience well and his wealth means that he isn't scared by who he offends in getting across his message, albeit a rather perverse and dangerous one imo. You see something similar here in this country with groups like the BNP, but on a far smaller scale, where certain inflammatory rhetoric has been used to attract a certain demographic to their banner, feeding them the lie that all of society's ills are because of the establishment/certain groups and they are the panacea to that. They ignore world economics and the actual politics which genuinely matter
#George
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 4:01pm

President trump may bring in palin has his deputy, she can kill an alaskan moose and spy on putin all at the same time

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 4:02pm
Now Trump is the Carlsberg of 'banter' -Makes Marler look like Mother Teresa! He cannot win surely?!!!
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 4:06pm
What's really ironic is that it's right wing neo-con Republicans that want to keep him out of the presidency most, and there's a feeling that they'll do anything legal or illegal to stop him. A number of left wingers would prefer him to Hillary who is an out an out warmonger, always  in the hands of big-business. They know that Trump is a loose cannon who's policies vary wildly, but although a loose cannon can end up pointing in any direction, sometimes it will point in the right direction as it has in Trump's vow to try to work with Russia, China and Iran. Anyone who has followed Hillary's largely unpublicised work in foreign policy fields will feel that world war III is far more likely with her at the helm and that she should already be indicted as a war criminal especially for her work in Libya.
There is a perfectly sensible alternative to all the  main candidates in the Green Party's Jill Stein but there's no big money or media campaign behind her so she hasn't got a chance.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 4:17pm

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

He has chosen his target audience well and his wealth means that he isn't scared by who he offends in getting across his message, albeit a rather perverse and dangerous one imo. You see something similar here in this country with groups like the BNP, but on a far smaller scale, where certain inflammatory rhetoric has been used to attract a certain demographic to their banner, feeding them the lie that all of society's ills are because of the establishment/certain groups and they are the panacea to that. They ignore world economics and the actual politics which genuinely matter

I doubt and hope hes not as extreme as he sometimes portrays himself. Hes probably just appeasing the madcap tea party mob to win the GOP race, then may move to the centre. Hes not looking to cut social security for starters. Cruz is far further right, whereas trump has always been a closet new York democrat.I think everyone is staggered, fascinated and probably horrified too with the whole Trump rise to power. Hes a master self publicist, the ultimate showman, a guilty pleasure, the don king of business. He's seen as outspoken anti establishment by those who like him, but a little poetic with facts and figures, what the American call a little "truthy." I have always loved the apprentice , for my money, the best reality tv show of all time. But why would a man who appears to have everything get into the grimy underworld of politics? Is it simple deluded narcissism or does he genuinely think America needs him to turn it around?

Besides all that I don't think he will beat Hillary. She may be as un-charismatic as a damp dish cloth, she may be reading every word from pre-written auto cues....but she has all the pieces in place. Bill will pull the strings, Obama will give his grudging backing, she has the super delegates and corporations pulling all her strings. Yet she has somehow hoodwinked the African americans  and women into thinking she will do more for them than Bernie sanders? Based on what? shes another corporate lackey...Bernie would do more for them as he could for the lower to middle classes imo, he is my favourite from afar, but the fix is in. He wouldn't win even if he got 60% of the national vote. the democratic structure with super delegates stinks.
Trump isn't nailed on yet, ted cruz is even further right and he wont return to the centre, so trump may actually be less extreme. The whole gun issue is insane. once you have more guns than people then everyone wants more guns to defend themselves? its a downward spiral into hell. Be nice to hear more on policies and manifestos now, rather than the size of trumps hands and his yoga breathing?

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

What's really ironic is that it's right wing neo-con Republicans that want to keep him out of the presidency most, and there's a feeling that they'll do anything legal or illegal to stop him. A number of left wingers would prefer him to Hillary who is an out an out warmonger, always  in the hands of big-business. They know that Trump is a loose cannon who's policies vary wildly, but although a loose cannon can end up pointing in any direction, sometimes it will point in the right direction as it has in Trump's vow to try to work with Russia, China and Iran. Anyone who has followed Hillary's largely unpublicised work in foreign policy fields will feel that world war III is far more likely with her at the helm and that she should already be indicted as a war criminal especially for her work in Libya.
There is a perfectly sensible alternative to all the  main candidates in the Green Party's Jill Stein but there's no big money or media campaign behind her so she hasn't got a chance.

Hillary is financed by dozens of massive corporations and paid 100s of thousands per corporate speech too...as for foreign policy, as well as Libya and Benghazi she also voted for invading Iraq in 2003..meanwhile Donald and putin are having a little bromance....goodness knows how that would play out if he ran the white house aka the trump-house? Cant see him beating her now though, trump has way too many powerful enemies including Rupert Murdoch, he is not financed by any corporations. as you say, hes a maverick and a loose cannon

Edited by roy munster - 16 March 2016 at 4:23pm
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 4:56pm

Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

It is SO scary.

Epic book, epic movie. They've made a tv series of of it now.

Michael Dobbs, author of House of Cards (US & UK version) said that if he'd written a character like Trump, people would have thought him too OTT to be believable.

He refuses to publish his tax return which leads people to suspect there's an issue. One commentator said its because they'll show he's not as rich as he claims. His income boast is before any outgoings including staff salaries, tax and other company outgoings.

All the nonsense aside, I simply cannot believe he's as stupid as he looks or acts. Surely to God not! Doesn't stop him being an appalling and brash human being.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic