Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

North americans to join pro 12?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

His view is whatever his executives tell him, so I highly doubt it.

This is where Union controlled rugby gets you:

Ulster Petition to IRFU

700 odd signatures in over two days?  Doesn't seem to have attracted much interest.

Probably because he's already signed for Montpellier.

Good point.
Sponsored Links

Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 7:15am

Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

I suspect he would be the first to admit he put his foot in it with that comment, which was a little like the October debacle with the ill informed comment regarding derby games in the window. But he has come to his role from a different environment and the machinations of Celtic rugby's governance and financing has taken some time to get a grip of. However, he has all of the experience, connections and technical knowledge to hopefully make this work and has already broken the longstanding historical ties with Dublin.

How's he done that?

Where's the final being held this year?

Quote ]And in fairness to him, he didn't get us in this mess, but is looking to try and extricate us from it. A huge 18 months coming up with new TV deals etc to be negotiated, and he isn't naïve enough to rule anything out. Why should he? The Pro 12 is far from the finished article and the issue regarding refs and fixtures are longstanding ones, albeit there have been improvements season on season. But to put all our eggs into one basket and push for integration with the English and push everything else aside? I'm glad he isn't going down that route. 

Having been to quick to sometimes jump on the wrong bandwagon, I think I will reserve judgement on this until he has been in post a while longer.

Couldn't disagree more I'm afraid.

PRO 12 not based in Dublin. Final held there as it will make most revenue. Which I assume you do know is then split equally between the 12 teams?

You are entitled to disagree. I'm not sure why, but fair enough
#George
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 9:07am

PRO 12 not based in Dublin.

Where is it based? Anayi might be based in London, but Pro12 rugby wasn't last time I checked their registered address.

Quote Final held there as it will make most revenue. Which I assume you do know is then split equally between the 12 teams?

So it will be held in Dublin every year then?

Edited by KID A - 24 February 2017 at 9:13am
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 4:39pm

Where is it based? Anayi might be based in London, but Pro12 rugby wasn't last time I checked their registered address.

Quote Final held there as it will make most revenue. Which I assume you do know is then split equally between the 12 teams?

A Companies registered  address isn't indicative of where it works from.

As for Dublin, who knows. If we aren't in it, my main concern would be the biggest slab of revenue that we can take from it. If that's Dublin, all well and good.
#George
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 5:36pm
B&I Lions, Six Nations and Pro12 all operate out the same offices in Dublin, I believe. 

Only at the start of this season did they start to separate the admin/marketing duties for Pro12 out of the Lions/6Ns team, ostensibly because it's a Lions tour year and Pro12 needed separate focus, according to Martin Anayi. Previously, the same people were operationally responsible for all 3 competitions.

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 6:33pm

As for Dublin, who knows. If we aren't in it, my main concern would be the biggest slab of revenue that we can take from it. If that's Dublin, all well and good.

So where is it based?
Ian Lewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 7:57pm

So where is it based?

London
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 8:18pm
People are way more naive than I realised if they think the Pro12 is run from London.

As for the final being Dublin every year and just letting it happen, I think this just shows how desensitized we have become to being the servants to the guys who pull the strings.
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 10:05pm
Let's play the final at Wembley then that's guaranteed the most money.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by solihullscarlet solihullscarlet wrote:

Let's play the final at Wembley then that's guaranteed the most money.

The maracana surely. They must serve guinness there.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Ian Lewis Ian Lewis wrote:

So where is it based?

London
Nope. Dublin.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

So where is it based?

London
Nope. Dublin.
Sorry gents. You're right. Martin Anayi must have lied to the JSG when asked specifically about this. LOL
#George
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 6:14pm

So where is it based?

London

Nope. Dublin.

Sorry gents. You're right. Martin Anayi must have lied to the JSG when asked specifically about this. LOL

http://www.pro12rugby.com/contact-information/

Registered company in Dublin
Head contact office in Dublin

Looks like Dublin to me. Just because the MD lives in London doesn't mean it's run from there. The Chairman lives in Usk. It's not run from there either.

And on the............ " the final is at the venue that will yield most income for all 12 clubs" thing - how does that tie in with the tender process that clubs now run to host the final? Is that process still running? Will we ever have a final in Wales?

Welsh clubs have won a third of the Celtic League titles and put more tv money into the pot than any other nation, yet we get treated as stray dogs trying to scavenge a meal.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 7:30pm

So where is it based?

London
Nope. Dublin.
And that's surprising? LOL
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 8:18am
Thumbs Up Ok bois!
#George
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 9:38am

Thumbs Up Ok bois!

Do you know the answers to the final venue questions? Do they still tender for it? Cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic