Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foxy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2017 at 10:35pm
I don't think its fair to start a topic about Foxy. Yes his kick was costly, but it was a very close test match and the game could have been decided on many other moments throughout the 80 minutes. We shouldn't leave one of our own out to dry like you have here.

“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Sponsored Links

PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 10:05am
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

I don't think its fair to start a topic about Foxy. Yes his kick was costly, but it was a very close test match and the game could have been decided on many other moments throughout the 80 minutes. We shouldn't leave one of our own out to dry like you have here.

We shouldn't but the whole of Wales will. The kick was poor and should have got to touch, I am all for defending our players but that was absolute humdinger
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 10:18am
Its not the first time we have done it either .
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 10:21am
Wales v aust   , last few mins . Kurtley beale
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 10:31am
You have to think its down to coaching. England, with most of the current players, made the wrong decision against Wales & went out of the World Cup. How would England under Eddie Jones have dealt with that last clearance kick? Throughout the game they mixed up their kicking game sometimes choosing to put the ball out & regroup. The Welsh team seem stuck in their plays. 

We have Scotland up next - if we continue to kick the ball away Hogg & Seymour will certainly make us pay.
InTheBath View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InTheBath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 10:39am
Originally posted by SAV SAV wrote:

Wales v aust   , last few mins . Kurtley beale

That was a horrendous bounce - the kick was heading to touch and just bounced back 180 degrees (as can happen)
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 11:26am
Too much is being made of the kick, IMO. I'm not sure Biggar would've gone for touch either. In a similar position in the first half Biggar too went for distance rather than touch.

It's a Wales policy not to give the opposition lineouts. If Jon had kicked the ball into touch, say, 30m from our line, I wouldn't have been particularly confident in us stopping the inevitable maul without conceding a match-losing penalty. I would've been more confident in us snuffing out a kick return from over 40m out. It was rank bad wide defence that allowed them in for the try. If we'd defended that kick return as we should a tackle would've been made 10 to 15 metres out from our line.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 12:04pm
I feel it was a Welsh tactic not to go for touch, it was a bad kick, but if you follow the play before it all started by Cuthbert loosing the ball in the English 22 which Ford kicked up field for a drop out. We then tackled for about a minute or so and the Foxy kicked, when they ran at us Cuthbert was virtually mid field and gave him far to much space out wide, and then followed it up with a poor tackle.

Saying all that we had sufficient ball to put the game save. Great game and a lot of very good performances, which put players in the frame for the Lions.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

It's a problem with Welsh rugby. We are prone to brainfarts when under pressure and that showed with our tactics in the last 15 minutes.

What the hell he was thinking kicking it straight down the middle of the pitch? That was one of the worst kicks I have seen in international rugby. What made it worse was it was from one of our most experienced players.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 1:06pm
Kick aside, I thought foxy was immense.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 1:27pm
I thought Foxy was outstanding yesterday and when someone asked me about MOTM I said it was between Foxy, Biggar and Moriarty
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 1:42pm
The subtitutions were the biggest mistake of all
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Too much is being made of the kick, IMO. I'm not sure Biggar would've gone for touch either. In a similar position in the first half Biggar too went for distance rather than touch.

It's a Wales policy not to give the opposition lineouts. If Jon had kicked the ball into touch, say, 30m from our line, I wouldn't have been particularly confident in us stopping the inevitable maul without conceding a match-losing penalty. I would've been more confident in us snuffing out a kick return from over 40m out. It was rank bad wide defence that allowed them in for the try. If we'd defended that kick return as we should a tackle would've been made 10 to 15 metres out from our line.

Biggar and 1/2p both did the same in the 2nd half as well. When a tactic is drilled into players so much in training it becomes the go-to option when put under pressure. It was a poor kick by Foxy but, imo, it's an even poorer tactic. I think the coaches got far more wrong yesterday than any of the players.
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 2:58pm

Foxy had an excellent game aside of that kick,with Biggar trapped in the ruck we needed Halfpenny in the 10 position to take  kick .

It is a worrying tactic which Scarlets and Wales use do not kick the ball of the park,and makes no sense .

The Scarlets at Sale for example just got in front in the last few minutes of game,they kick deep to us in 22,instead of kicking directly to touch,we truck the ball up to outside our 22,then we concede a penalty .

In a perfect world,I would applaud us from running from deep and our 22,but in a close game,it is risky with officials,not giving the attacking team the benefit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic