Scrum V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scrum V
    Posted: 09 January 2017 at 1:48pm
Disgusting how we're always hard done by.
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 11:42am
The standard of punditry is often pretty poor these days... the rugby guys are frequently annoying, and also often wrong about the laws and their application. Most football pundits are a joke - listening to their 'analysis' of one of the world's simplest ball games is like watching paint dry.

The only sport I currently watch where the pundits are a big plus is American football, where Osi Umenyiora manages by turns to be hilariously funny and genuinely interesting and informative. 

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 10:12am
Rugby is so much easier to play from the comfort of a studio & with the benefit of replays. Being able to just see overlap opportunities quickly & also the ability to take them a high percentage of times is what all coaches dream of in their players particularly those at 9/10/12 & 13. Communication from out to in is the key. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 9:11am
To sum up then there may be some issues about Jiffy being the top rugby pundit on Wales TV 😉 Guess we have to live with it then until Nigel retires when it will be both of them on the sofa talking to us 😱😉
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 8:25am
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

i thought he was just as critical of the blues and the situation at the dragons,the praise for the ospreys is deserved they are playing great rugby with forwards and backs handling and running well and are scoring loads of tries,i would like to have seen the uproar on here if that penalty try had cost us the victory on Friday night.
That's fair enough however they made no mention of the victory in appalling conditions against one of the best sides in the competition.
If the Blues had secured that victory, they would have spent a lot more time on the analysis I can assure you!!

I must ask Jiffy the question; he always talks about heads up rugby, on field tactics, running weak shoulders, jamming in in defence, playing what is in front of you etc etc etc.

As the master of these elements, I musk ask if he applied these whilst captain of his country against the mighty ROMANIA at home ???Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
by the same comparison you seem to have it in for jiffy as much as he has it in for the scarlets and from what I remember of the Romania game there were 14 other players on the field that day,i think that game after the thrashing in new Zealand where welsh rugby was in a right state.
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 8:17am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

i thought he was just as critical of the blues and the situation at the dragons,the praise for the ospreys is deserved they are playing great rugby with forwards and backs handling and running well and are scoring loads of tries,i would like to have seen the uproar on here if that penalty try had cost us the victory on Friday night.
That's fair enough however they made no mention of the victory in appalling conditions against one of the best sides in the competition.
If the Blues had secured that victory, they would have spent a lot more time on the analysis I can assure you!!

I must ask Jiffy the question; he always talks about heads up rugby, on field tactics, running weak shoulders, jamming in in defence, playing what is in front of you etc etc etc.

As the master of these elements, I musk ask if he applied these whilst captain of his country against the mighty ROMANIA at home ???Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
Page the oracle
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 7:42am
Ian Lewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

It's other way round jiffy was married to Phils sister who sadly passed away many years ago now

No, Phil is married to Caroline, Jiffy's sister, it was Jiffy's wife Who sadly passed away.
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 7:30am
It's other way round jiffy was married to Phils sister who sadly passed away many years ago now
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 4:39am
Jiffy was also rejected by the Scarlets as a teenager and they later fell out again over his move to League, old wounds that still fester maybe.
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Matthew Cardey Matthew Cardey wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

To be fair Holley likes us and tries to be level headed. Jiffy just misses the point. Trimbles swinging arm was borderline red so the penalty try was right even before the 3rd of Jan as CB said. It wasn't as if he caught him with a bicep trying to tackle it was a low swing. He should have gone.

I also think Jiffy just often states as a 'bloke' on Tv that a decision is rubbish or ridiculous when in fact it's just the referee applying the laws (as daft as they are.). He isn't really on top of it all technically.

Whats most fustrating is we should have had a penalty try up in edinburgh when steff evans got choked from behind by their center last 5 mins.... Would have been awarded if happend now.
Andrew brace!!

Funny enough, I think they said on ScrumV we were unlucky not to get the pen try that time.
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 11:11pm
There was also no, 'by the way I wrote the Scarlets off against Toulon last time we were on air, whoops'. ScrumV is just there for people who want to be able to try and talk rugby at work nowadays.

Edited by ScarletSpiderman - 08 January 2017 at 11:12pm
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

To be fair Holley likes us and tries to be level headed. Jiffy just misses the point. Trimbles swinging arm was borderline red so the penalty try was right even before the 3rd of Jan as CB said. It wasn't as if he caught him with a bicep trying to tackle it was a low swing. He should have gone.

I also think Jiffy just often states as a 'bloke' on Tv that a decision is rubbish or ridiculous when in fact it's just the referee applying the laws (as daft as they are.). He isn't really on top of it all technically.

Whats most fustrating is we should have had a penalty try up in edinburgh when steff evans got choked from behind by their center last 5 mins.... Would have been awarded if happend now.
Andrew brace!!

Edited by Matthew Cardey - 08 January 2017 at 11:11pm
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 10:46pm

Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 10:34pm
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 10:21pm
Haven't watched Scrum V for a long time, and I don't miss it at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic