Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets Prem Select vs Nottingham (h)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2017 at 9:21pm
Not a bad crowd but i dont know if it looked better on the training pitch.

Superb second half , According to the Munster website their A team are home in the quarter finals, so until its officialy confirmed we wont know. I cant work it our because us and Ealing are on joint points and I dont know what seperates us when we are on joint points
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2017 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Not a bad crowd but i dont know if it looked better on the training pitch.

Superb second half , According to the Munster website their A team are home in the quarter finals, so until its officialy confirmed we wont know. I cant work it our because us and Ealing are on joint points and I dont know what seperates us when we are on joint points

As London Welsh were thrown out Munster have 19 points from 4 games,Scarlets have 22 from 6 played,so I cannot see how they are home unfortunate for them with the London Welsh situation .
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2017 at 9:35pm
If teams are thrown out, don't the others get walk overs, like Stade last weekend?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2017 at 11:36pm
So a home game on 10th March weekend! Watch this space . Exciting for the region.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 3:54am
Apparently Draw on January 30 rumour has it is an open draw
If anybody else knows different please post
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 6:51am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Morgan Allen seems to be in fine form for the Premiership Select, wonder if he'll get a chance to prove he deserves to be here next year.

I think he's had plenty of chances to prove that with the region.

Where were you, Nige, when I was asking bout the odds on Hadleigh getting capped by Wales?

Actually, never mind, what are the odds?
not sure what bookies gives them odds,the old jack brown used to do a lot of rugby bets.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 10:10am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

So a home game on 10th March weekend! Watch this space . Exciting for the region.

The view from the coaching staff last night was that we were away to Ealing on the 11th, has anything changed since then?
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 10:30am
Had a look at the tables.

If I'm correct, the 5 group winners and the 3 best runners up qualify for the QF's.

The 5 group winners are:-

Pool 1 - Jersey Reds (23pts, +87 difference) *2
Pool 2 - Munster A (19pts, +66 difference) *5
Pool 3 - London Irish (25pts, +77 difference) *1
Pool 4 - Scarlets PS (22pts, +49 difference) *4
Pool 5 - Ealing Trailfinders (22pts, +67 difference) *3

The 3 best runners-up are:-

Cornish Pirates (20pts, +89 difference) *6
Yorkshire Carnegie (20pts, +30 difference) *7
Ulster A (20pts, +29 difference) *8

Assuming that QF ties are based on RCC QF fixtures, ties should be as follows:-

Seed 1 v Seed 8
Seed 2 v Seed 7
Seed 3 v Seed 6
Seed 4 v Seed 5

So we SHOULD be playing Home against Munster A

Edited by haydn_davies - 22 January 2017 at 10:32am
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 10:58am
Munster are on 19 from 4 games though, its hardly fair on them missing out on a home QF because another team had to pull out of the competiton?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 11:03am
No, I agree.

I have no idea then.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 11:06am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Munster are on 19 from 4 games though, its hardly fair on them missing out on a home QF because another team had to pull out of the competiton?

Of course it is,but its not teams in other groups is fault,solution Ian ?? do we presume they would win other 2 games ? open draw ?

Leave seedings as they are, we need a home  quarter final at the Parc,the stadium needs its,Scarlets need it,and us fans deserve it !!

Edited by 157cb - 22 January 2017 at 11:06am
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 11:14am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Of course it is,but its not teams in other groups is fault,solution Ian ?? do we presume they would win other 2 games ? open draw ?

Leave seedings as they are, we need a home  quarter final at the Parc,the stadium needs its,Scarlets need it,and us fans deserve it !!
No idea on the solution Mark but do hope we get the home QF somehow.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 12:03pm
Ive tweeted the British and Irish Cup Twitter account and asked who we are playing, they havent replied so I guess they dont know yet? Would there have been something in the competion rules about unfullfiled fixtures? In Europe they have to re-play the unplayed game within 24 hours. But if that game isnt played where do the points go, and how many? Perhaps maximum points would go to the opposing team of the side that was unable to fullfil their fixture?

There will have to be some sort of committee meeting I'd guess. Coaches seemed quite certain last night however that it was Ealing away, you'd expect them to know what's going on.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 12:53pm
If Munster A do get awarded maximum points for their unfulfilled games, then they would get a higher seeding than Ealing and us for the QF.

If Ealing finish as 4th seeds and us as 5th we could very well be travelling to them.
Dan the Drover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

As I'm sure everyone else will agree!  Smile
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 2:57pm
I had a reply from the British and Irish Cup Twitter site. Question I asked was 'Who will the Scarlets play in the quarter finals?' the reply was - "Scarlets will possibly play Ealing Trailfinders away in the Quarter Finals".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic