Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Meet the coaches next Tuesday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 11:37am
cheers ap sior and OAM. 

Fine feedback :) 
Sponsored Links

judith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 11:47am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by judith judith wrote:

Diolch yn fawr iawn both of you for your updates - some very interesting points (god, I love Will Boyde - no-one tell my husband LOL).

Interesting to learn that Hadleigh doesn't want the captaincy given that he does talk to the ref a lot. I think Condy has potential so I hope he's able to get his knee sorted and continue playing as it'd be a shame if he went, but then I'm not coaching and if it was up to me obviously I'd be playing Boyde every week LOL

Croeso a thrueni nad oeddet yn gallu bod yno. Welcome, shame you couldn't be there ! 

Condy did sound a matter of concern, but he is very highly thought of as I mentioned earlier. 

Players have their playing time monitored and managed carefully, so you won't get your wish, Boyde will not play every minute of every game. I do hope your hubbie doesn't read this ! Will does have a neck issue, as do many players apparently, so maybe he'll need some TLC at some point. Perhaps that will be your chance !

Haha! Gobeithio Wink

Ia, trueni fy mod i ddim yn medru dod i rhain - fyswn wrth fy modd yn dod ond yn anffodus mae'n siwrne 8 awr i lawr yna ac yna yn ol i fyny. Anoddach byth am eu bod yn yr wythnos. Mi wnaeth y Scarlets (neu Crys) ffilmio un rhyw flwyddyn a'i rhoi ar y wefan - roedd hynny yn wych. Efallai fod modd Periscopio fo yn y dyfodol os nad yw hyn yn bosib?

Either the Scarlets or Crys 16 filmed one of these one year (think it was the year Mark Jones got a bit tetchy?!) and put it on the website and it was great for those of us who can't attend. It would be fantastic if they could do this (or maybe Periscope it?) again at some point (though I appreciate ther may be technical reasons for not doing this.)
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 11:48am

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Diolch yn fawr iawn both of you for your updates - some very interesting points (god, I love Will Boyde - no-one tell my husband LOL).

Interesting to learn that Hadleigh doesn't want the captaincy given that he does talk to the ref a lot. I think Condy has potential so I hope he's able to get his knee sorted and continue playing as it'd be a shame if he went, but then I'm not coaching and if it was up to me obviously I'd be playing Boyde every week LOL

Croeso a thrueni nad oeddet yn gallu bod yno. Welcome, shame you couldn't be there ! 

Condy did sound a matter of concern, but he is very highly thought of as I mentioned earlier. 

Players have their playing time monitored and managed carefully, so you won't get your wish, Boyde will not play every minute of every game. I do hope your hubbie doesn't read this ! Will does have a neck issue, as do many players apparently, so maybe he'll need some TLC at some point. Perhaps that will be your chance !

Haha! Gobeithio Wink

Ia, trueni fy mod i ddim yn medru dod i rhain - fyswn wrth fy modd yn dod ond yn anffodus mae'n siwrne 8 awr i lawr yna ac yna yn ol i fyny. Anoddach byth am eu bod yn yr wythnos. Mi wnaeth y Scarlets (neu Crys) ffilmio un rhyw flwyddyn a'i rhoi ar y wefan - roedd hynny yn wych. Efallai fod modd Periscopio fo yn y dyfodol os nad yw hyn yn bosib?

Either the Scarlets or Crys 16 filmed one of these one year (think it was the year Mark Jones got a bit tetchy?!) and put it on the website and it was great for those of us who can't attend. It would be fantastic if they could do this (or maybe Periscope it?) again at some point (though I appreciate ther may be technical reasons for not doing this.)
It is hoped that it could be the way forward in the future Judith
#George
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 11:54am
Wayne also mention that Price was currently not viewed as a carrier, but a guy who cleaned out, albeit they were working on that.

Rawlins was fit again, a beast in training and was tearing trees up. Hugely physical
#George
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 12:15pm
Nice to see such open comments from Wayne which he must know will all be fed back to the players. Sounds like an open/blunt culture in the squad, which is best for professionals. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 12:45pm
Diolch yn fawr bois. Learned a hell of a lot more from these notes than a thousand Western Mule articles and we also need to thank the honesty of the coaches, although I doubt that some of the players mentioned will be so keen.
Sorry, got to go now to get to the buffet cart before Nicky.Wink
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 1:44pm
Top man Steve for taking confession so to speak. Clap
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 2:41pm
Great updates. Ta
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 2:53pm

Thanks for the feedback boys .

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 4:40pm
Thanks a lot for these reports.

It certainly seems as if Pivac applies some SH bluntness to get his message across - something I appreciate. If a player is not getting picked, what better way of motivating him to improve than to tell him exactly why?

The reports on Condy seem mixed - the coaches apparently rate him, but he is carrying an injury. Surely, if it is not something that will right itself, he should have surgery if that is an option that might work. I was very much hoping he'd be the 8 we needed, but that won't happen on one good leg. Condy and the coaches need to come to a clear decision on the best way forward.

Otherwise, it's encouraging to hear that several younger players are expected to be good enough to step up and fill gaps. There seems to be a huge amount of talent in the region, although not in all positions, unfortunately!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Although Steve,stripping to the waist and whipping your torso with Birch twigs in an act of self flagilation was a tad OTT for a Crys meeting, but made for good theatre. Perhaps the new beast of a number 8 had been found thought Mr Pivac? 😉

Edited by reesytheexile - 08 February 2017 at 5:32pm
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Although Steve,stripping to the waist and whipping your torso with Birch twigs in an act of self flagilation was a tad OTT for a Crys meeting, but made for good theatre. Perhaps the new beast of a number 8 had been found thought Mr Pivac? 😉
Very good 👏👏👏

Thanks OAM and ap sior.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

My summary:

Only John and Wayne attended. Very positive meeting. No negativity.

WE are still searching for the elusive 8. Until found, JB and Boyde will cover. High hopes for McLoed moving forward.

Boyde is a 7 who will play anywhere to wear the shirt, McLoed is an 8 acquiring a good 7 skill set.

Allen will be involved Friday. Hasn't really taken chances offered to him early in season, needs to have a good run in.

Condy's knee is blown was my take and I suspect, albeit reading between the lines, that he will be released. Lots of love for JB, a guy playing with a broken body which isn't really big enough for this level, but his skill set makes up for it. Aaron unlucky not to be in WElsh squad, seen as not physical enough, albeit our stats contradict that thinking. Our best tackler.

Dinky is a promisinh young ten. Still a long way behind Patch. He is quiet, doesn't order the 9 or forwards around and still needs to learn to boss more experienced centres. Described as a sponge though, and loves to learn.

Patch may be back for the EDinburgh game and may play BIC game as preparation.

Looking for a back 3 player, but lots expected from Conbeer, Iaon Nicholas and Corey Baldwin next season. Conbeer is great when ball comes to him, but doesn't go looking for work like JM. Needs to learn from him.

Pete is struggling this season. Wont feature this weekend. Accept Nicky is a great scrummager, but likes the buffet cart too much. Needs to work on mobility and skill set.

No players leaving other than DTH and Liam.

Elias, Cubby and maybe Boyde will have a shout for summer tour. Elias already on radar.

Berne our best signing of Pivav era. Bernado still not setting world alight. Berne contracted for next season also

Ref in Sarries game admitted 2 hours after game he should have given penalty to us not them on 81 mins which would have been game over. Acknowledgement that Pro 12 reffing is still pants. Took 6 weeks for feedback after Blues game away when it should come within 5 days.

Need a minimum of 10 points from next 4 games during 6N window. 3 very winnable games after that. Hopefully, by then Connacht will be out and it would be nice not to go into Os game needing anything.

Asked about exit strategies, why we sometimes kick long and other times into touch. Much depends on opposition, whether they have a good catch and drive or perhaps whether certain team never kick. Glasgow for example tend to run everything back, so if you catch them downfield there is an obvious tactical gain.

Lots of talk about lack of locks coming through academy. Was explained this is overall a Welsh problem. The twins from out West were used as an example. Currently with Ealing and not setting world on fire. Other than that, our academy was doing well, 75% of the bois therein made a pro player. Around 16-17 kids at any one time.

Our club captain will always be a Welsh speaker. Saucy happy to step in but doesn't wantvrole

I ate my humble pie

OAM - excellent report by the way. One point I note is that Pivac mentions that no other players are leaving. Do I read this as no other players who we want to retain or actually no others. Where does this leave Taylor & Morgan Allen. 
ExileTom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExileTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 9:37am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

My summary:

WE are still searching for the elusive 8. Until found, JB and Boyde will cover. High hopes for McLoed moving forward.

Boyde is a 7 who will play anywhere to wear the shirt, McLoed is an 8 acquiring a good 7 skill set.

Allen will be involved Friday. Hasn't really taken chances offered to him early in season, needs to have a good run in.

Condy's knee is blown was my take and I suspect, albeit reading between the lines, that he will be released. Lots of love for JB, a guy playing with a broken body which isn't really big enough for this level, but his skill set makes up for it. Aaron unlucky not to be in WElsh squad, seen as not physical enough, albeit our stats contradict that thinking. Our best tackler.

Dinky is a promisinh young ten. Still a long way behind Patch. He is quiet, doesn't order the 9 or forwards around and still needs to learn to boss more experienced centres. Described as a sponge though, and loves to learn.

Looking for a back 3 player, but lots expected from Conbeer, Iaon Nicholas and Corey Baldwin next season. Conbeer is great when ball comes to him, but doesn't go looking for work like JM. Needs to learn from him.

Pete is struggling this season. Wont feature this weekend. Accept Nicky is a great scrummager, but likes the buffet cart too much. Needs to work on mobility and skill set.

Elias, Cubby and maybe Boyde will have a shout for summer tour. Elias already on radar.

Berne our best signing of Pivav era. Bernado still not setting world alight. Berne contracted for next season also

Ref in Sarries game admitted 2 hours after game he should have given penalty to us not them on 81 mins which would have been game over. Acknowledgement that Pro 12 reffing is still pants. Took 6 weeks for feedback after Blues game away when it should come within 5 days.

Need a minimum of 10 points from next 4 games during 6N window. 3 very winnable games after that. Hopefully, by then Connacht will be out and it would be nice not to go into Os game needing anything.

Asked about exit strategies, why we sometimes kick long and other times into touch. Much depends on opposition, whether they have a good catch and drive or perhaps whether certain team never kick. Glasgow for example tend to run everything back, so if you catch them downfield there is an obvious tactical gain.

Lots of talk about lack of locks coming through academy. Was explained this is overall a Welsh problem. The twins from out West were used as an example. Currently with Ealing and not setting world on fire. Other than that, our academy was doing well, 75% of the bois therein made a pro player. Around 16-17 kids at any one time.

Our club captain will always be a Welsh speaker. Saucy happy to step in but doesn't wantvrole

I ate my humble pie

OAM - excellent report by the way. One point I note is that Pivac mentions that no other players are leaving. Do I read this as no other players who we want to retain or actually no others. Where does this leave Taylor & Morgan Allen. 

I thought Will Taylor had already gone
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 9:40am

My summary:

I ate my humble pie

WP did not elaborate when he said this or at any other point later in the evening from what I can remember. So can't help sorry.

At the time I took it as a swipe at the report that Ken was off to Pau !
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 9:41am

My summary:

I ate my humble pie

Taylor left months back if I am not mistaken .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic