Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro12 Run-in 2016/17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 26>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 10:48am
Ospreys aren't used to teams having a better kicking game than them. 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

That Osprey loss to Treviso changes everything I think.  The table on page 1 has them down as winning three of the remaining 4 games but they are capable of losing 3 of the 4 if not all of them.  And before this weekend we needed them to beat Ulster, but now its not so clear.  Ospreys game against Leinster will be a key game for them - lose and they are in trouble.

As long as we stay on track to win our remaining games, and if Leinster beat Os then the fifth spot will more or less go to the loser of the Ospreys v Ulster game.

I agree with all of that but there is another dynamic as well and that is their game against Stade next weekend. There are alot of possible outcomes from that game in the way it affects their run-in-not alot of them good for them at the moment. The key thing is our situation is no longer two teams battling for one place but three teams battling for two places.  
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 11:19am
Dare l say 4 teams for 2 Glasgow are slowly warming up again!!!
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 11:30am
[QUOTE=Dai38]Dare l say 4 teams for 2 Glasgow are slowly warming up again!!!
[/QUOTE

Yes, Dai, they're still in the mix but they have to go to both Munster and Leinster for the run-in. 
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 11:45am
We're all set for the most exciting finish to a season for years. There were signs against Edinburgh that we can produce a high tempo threatening offensive game. It misfired later on but first game back there was bound to be some rustiness. One game at a time and all that, but we must surely fancy ourselves to beat Traviso and Dragons which then leads us to Connacht away. That game should be an absolute cracker as Connacht like to play an open offloading game. However its up front that we have a point to prove over there. And then... the finale to the regular season, the Ospreys at a sold out Parc Y Scarlets.

So first up Treviso, let's hope for a good crowd and then the Scarlet Army moves on to Cardiff, that should be a great day out. Huge pressure on the O's that day as there were signs yesterday that the Blues were coming out of their rut. 

Game on!
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Ospreys aren't used to teams having a better kicking game than them. 

Sam Davies had a howler....when they ran they looked dangerous, but he hoofed it all night.Confused
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 4:01pm
Expect to see those that missed out to figure v Treviso.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Expect to see those that missed out to figure v Treviso.

We have been lucky with injuries and. Look one of strongest squads in the run in.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 6:23pm
Even leaving aside yesterday's travesty, I actually predicted that Scarlets would eventually overtake Ospreys, because (1) they have an easier set of final fixtures, (2) they have fewer injuries and the second string players are arguably better than their Ospreys counterparts, (3) they can rest more players now that they are out of Europe, (4) most crucially, Scarlets' record against the Irish sides in recent seasons has actually been better than that of the Ospreys.
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 5:21pm

My prediction for the remainder of the season. Think that we will leapfrog the O's and Munster will finish top.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 5:44pm
Some big shouts there Pritchy mate. Smile 

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 6:02pm
I don't think many O's fans will disagree with what I've predicted in their run in, its well within our grasp to beat them by more than 7 points. Obviously they could do the same to us, but I'm as confident as a Scarlets supporter can be going into a game against the O's! 
I think Leinster will finish the season strongly with the momentum they have. 
Munster I've tipped to top the league, 4 very winnable games for them.
We have the most favourable run-in, and its not unthinkable that we can win every game. Connacht away won't be easy, and the O's always play well against us, but with the quality we've got in the side and the confidence the boys are playing with, I'm sure they'll be targeting going unbeaten for the remainder of the season.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 7:53pm
Still a long way to go, we could win all 4 remaining games and still not have enough points to make the top 4 if other results don't go in our favour.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 7:58pm

R19R20R21R22Total
1stPldPts
Ospreys (a)Connacht (a)Glasgow (h)Ulster (a) 
Leinster1870

R19R20R21R22Total
2ndPldPts
Leinster (h)Blues (a)Ulster (h)Scarlets (a) 
Ospreys1864

R19R20R21R22Total
3rdPldPts
Glasgow (h)Ulster (h)Treviso (a)Connacht (h) 
Munster1868

R19R20R21R22Total
4thPldPts
Blues (h)Munster (a)Ospreys (a)Leinster (h) 
Ulster1861

R19R20R21R22Total
5thPldPts
Treviso (h)Dragons (a)Connacht (a)Ospreys (h) 
Scarlets1858
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by 2ndtimeround 2ndtimeround wrote:

R19R20R21R22Total
1stPldPts
Ospreys (a)Connacht (a)Glasgow (h)Ulster (a) 
Leinster1870

R19R20R21R22Total
2ndPldPts
Leinster (h)Blues (a)Ulster (h)Scarlets (a) 
Ospreys1864

R19R20R21R22Total
3rdPldPts
Glasgow (h)Ulster (h)Treviso (a)Connacht (h) 
Munster1868

R19R20R21R22Total
4thPldPts
Blues (h)Munster (a)Ospreys (a)Leinster (h) 
Ulster1861

R19R20R21R22Total
5thPldPts
Treviso (h)Dragons (a)Connacht (a)Ospreys (h) 
Scarlets1858

You think Ulster can beat Munster at Thomond but not the Ospreys at the Liberty?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 8:27pm
Irish results have a habit of going the way that is most convenient for Irish rugby, but aside from that I expect Munster to still be focused on Europe and Ulster to be playing to keep their season alive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 26>
  Share Topic