Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales team vs. Scotland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales team vs. Scotland
    Posted: 22 February 2017 at 9:21am
Wales
15. Leigh Halfpenny
14. George North
13. Jonathan Davies
12. Scott Williams
11. Liam Williams
10. Dan Biggar
9. Rhys Webb
1. Rob Evans
2. Ken Owens
3. Tomas Francis
4. Jake Ball
5. Alun Wyn Jones (capt)
6. Sam Warburton
7. Justin Tipuric
8. Ross Moriarty
Replacements
16. Scott Baldwin
17. Nicky Smith
18. Samson Lee
19. Luke Charteris
20. Taulupe Faletau
21. Gareth Davies
22. Sam Davies
23. Jamie Roberts
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 9:24am
Just beat me to it!

Unclear why the team was announced early - I didn't hear the announcement itself.

Charteris on bench - no surprise.

Disappointing that Doc is on bench and no place for Steff Evans.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 9:28am
No Dragons players in the matchday 23...
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 9:32am
I hope that the side was announced early in order for the Regions to have players back in training ahead of this weekends fixtures.

I hope that Steff and Aled are released for the Munster game.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 9:58am
No reason not to let Aled and Staff join up with the Scarlets as Wales can call on Loyd Williams, Cuthbert and Anscombe should they require them as they are up there with the Blues anyway. Don't hold your breath though as it probably will not even enter the Welsh. Management's mind to help out the Regions.
Keep the faith
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 9:59am
The player lucky to be in the 15 on form imo is Halfpenny. Aside of kicking, which Biggar/Davies could do just as well, he has offered nothing. Yet his impact, or lack of it has gone well under the radar with the media. I would have played Liam or Sam at 15.

As Wales are trying to 'develop' their game, what's Leigh's contribution?
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 1:16pm
Give them more moneyWink
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 1:18pm
Moriarty is no number 8 which will be seen in this game..lack of team speed will be shown up also.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

The player lucky to be in the 15 on form imo is Halfpenny. Aside of kicking, which Biggar/Davies could do just as well, he has offered nothing. Yet his impact, or lack of it has gone well under the radar with the media. I would have played Liam or Sam at 15.

Harsh on 1/2p... he's always been a gutsy player, who has absolutely maximised his abilities through sheer hard work - no bighead, either... I'd much prefer him on the wing, as it's pretty obvious to everyone except the Wales management that Liam is a more natural 15 and carries far more threat in counter-attack... but I'd still have 1/2p in the 15 as a wing...  he's surely playing as well as George, and better than Cuthbert. Steff? The coaches don't fancy him - and 1/2p's defence and tackling are far better. (Not MY opinion, please note. I'd have Steff in the 23 for sure.)
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 3:04pm
With Laidlaw out of the 6 Nations, our very own John Barclay could well lead Scotland out against Wales at Murrayfield - great honour for a great player, if so, and he'll love captaining against so many Scarlets team-mates. Clap

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

With Laidlaw out of the 6 Nations, our very own John Barclay could well lead Scotland out against Wales at Murrayfield - great honour for a great player, if so, and he'll love captaining against so many Scarlets team-mates. Clap

Good luck to John if that happens - but still hope Wales win, of course!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 4:23pm
halfpenny was a cracking winger who used to score tries, liam is a brave and far more dangerous albeit somewhat mistake ridden full back who runs better lines....its a no brainer imo
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

Moriarty is no number 8 which will be seen in this game..lack of team speed will be shown up also.

Did Ok against England and balance of the BR with Tipuric is nice imo, although Moriarty, Warbs and a fit Faletau sounds pretty good to me. Decent problem to have!
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 5:48pm
Back row should be 6 morriaty, 7 young, 8 faletau, with Warburton on bench.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Harsh on 1/2p... he's always been a gutsy player, who has absolutely maximised his abilities through sheer hard work - no bighead, either... I'd much prefer him on the wing, as it's pretty obvious to everyone except the Wales management that Liam is a more natural 15 and carries far more threat in counter-attack... but I'd still have 1/2p in the 15 as a wing...  he's surely playing as well as George, and better than Cuthbert. Steff? The coaches don't fancy him - and 1/2p's defence and tackling are far better. (Not MY opinion, please note. I'd have Steff in the 23 for sure.)

He's a nice guy for sure but i cant think of one thing other than goal kicking that he did of note in either game so far. In recent years all he seems to do with the ball in hand is to get low and go to ground. Hope he has a stormer on Saturday, but so far he's done nowt.

18 months ago I thought it would be fantastic if we signed him, not so sure now. A test Lion in  Australia but not been in anyones Lions team Ive seen thus far, will he even tour? I'd take Sanjay myself, Hogg being an absolute cert.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 6:37pm
Making my way to this one from Addis ( the capital city, not the mop and bucket maker.)

Feel dirty not being able to make it to Limerick though.

A good birching is in order.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic