Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Patch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Patch
    Posted: 28 February 2017 at 9:16pm
Rhys is ahead of schedule.
Will be great to have him and Dan  for the run in.ClapClapClapClap
Page the oracle
Sponsored Links

Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 11:53pm
Great news. Was a shame as patchel was in fine form before his injury. What game is he due back for?
Hats off to dan jones, guys been superb for us. Patchel will have to fight to get his place back, what a position to be in.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 1:18am
This is in part why I think we don't need to sign another full back.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 1:23am
The western snail says hes expected back in 3 weeks for edinburgh, he was in terrific form prior to injury...yet another star that gatland and howler have failed to develop with a proper opportunity...surely to goodness he will get a go at fly half for wales on their summer tour
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 10:33am
Hopefully Patch can make it back in time for the B&I quarter final at Ealing on 11th March. Will be a good run out for him in what should be a hard fought competitive game.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

The western snail says hes expected back in 3 weeks for edinburgh, he was in terrific form prior to injury...yet another star that gatland and howler have failed to develop with a proper opportunity...surely to goodness he will get a go at fly half for wales on their summer tour

I agree, so long as he isn't showing too much rustiness after his lay-off.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 7:58pm
I'm not betting against Dan jones also having a Welsh call up in the summer.
Sam Davies, Rhys Patchell, Dan jones to be touring 10s IMO
Ian Lewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 8:03pm
I spoke to Rhys this afternoon and he hopes to be back playing against Treviso.
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Owen Williams will surely go
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 9:58pm
Dan Bigger, Sam Davies, Gareth Anscombe, Owen Williams?
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Owen Williams will surely go

Depends how he has impressed the coaches in training.
If he went, would he be 10 or would he be 12? Seems to play an awful lot at 12.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 12:51am
with howler and gatland away on their jolly, we may get a coach with the backbone to pick players on form not reputation and give them real opportunities. tyler morgan, giles, hewitt, steff evs, amos, walker, patchell, elias, boyde, beck, cubby, possibly cory allen etc all worth serious consideration
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Wil Scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

with howler and gatland away on their jolly, we may get a coach with the backbone to pick players on form not reputation and give them real opportunities. tyler morgan, giles, hewitt, steff evs, amos, walker, patchell, elias, boyde, beck, cubby, possibly cory allen etc all worth serious consideration

And Dai Youngs lad has to tour!
Scott Williams - I think I'll cut down on the fags!
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 5:18pm
Could have done with Patch last night in Leinster, would not have changed the outcome but it would have been closer
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

Could have done with Patch last night in Leinster, would not have changed the outcome but it would have been closer
How? Would he have stopped the pack being blown away physically
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Alun456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

How? Would he have stopped the pack being blown away physically

Pretty clear that Dan had a difficult night and made a lot of errors. Like Dafen Boy said, of course it wouldn't have changed the result but last night proved that Dan isn't ready to compete with Patch for the starting berth as Patch is another level. Dan has been one of the big positives this year and has shown that he can deliver at this level but against the best opposition he's not quite ready.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic