Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dan Evans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onlyturkinthevillage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dan Evans
    Posted: 28 February 2017 at 11:59pm
Anyone else heard that Dan Evans will be signing back with us next season. Nothing solid but an Ospreys supporter I work with who has some good contacts told me today.
Sponsored Links

EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 12:30am
Interesting, he smoothed out a lot of rough edges from his game. Could see them putting/transitioning Sam/Biggar back there (15) being the reason for him wanting out and the rise of Giles taking up a place on the wing. Would take him (and Eli Walker) but I don't see it happening, not sure he was entirely happy here to begin with.
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 1:05am
Always liked him when he was here before but he never seemed to get that many games for some reason , agree that he has probably improved since then as well so could ve a good signing.
saundersfoot scarlets
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 1:16am
Not sure he is needed but might be a good option as he won't be in the national squad.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 1:24am
good player, with liam gone maybe needed...what happened to the kiwi full back we had last season?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 2:39am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

good player, with liam gone maybe needed...what happened to the kiwi full back we had last season?

Michael Collins? Got a contract with Auckland Blues.
Pembsamos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pembsamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 6:15am
He signed a new 3 year contract with the ospreys at the end of last season
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Pembsamos Pembsamos wrote:

He signed a new 3 year contract with the ospreys at the end of last season
Good for Dan. has worked hard ,matured and improved to become an important member of the Ospreys. Got to be a candidate now for the Summer tour.

Edited by reesytheexile - 01 March 2017 at 9:13am
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 9:35am
Very under rated player, cant see any way Tandy would let him go and I doubt very much he would want to leave the Ospreys after been released by both us and the Dragons.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 11:07am
Rubbish

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/45635
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 12:53pm
We definitely need an experienced back 3 player (or two) to compensate for the loss of Liam and DTH. They don't have to be superstars which we  can't afford anyway, but the likes of Priday or Evans.  
I wonder if Beirne has any more frustrated friends at Leinster who would love to get some more game -time?
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by 2ndtimeround 2ndtimeround wrote:

Very under rated player, cant see any way Tandy would let him go and I doubt very much he would want to leave the Ospreys after been released by both us and the Dragons.
He was only about 20-21 when we let him go and we had cover like Morgan Stoddart for starters I think and he wasn't consistent but has really improved his all round game. Did Dragons release him or did he just get offered a better deal with the Ospreys?  
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 2:26pm
think it was more Ospreys signed him than Dragons releasing him 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 2:46pm
I was told by someone I knew from the Ammanford area, that Dan said when h left he would never play for the Scarlets again.

I thought Lynn Jones said that Dan did not feature in his plans so Ospreys stepped in.

He is probably the most consistent player in Wels rugby, and is an exceptional regional full back, another who we will never know how good he would be in the international arena.

I must say he is not my most favourite player, I think his last game was London Irish in the whatever cup, and he had a cob on when substituted and when we scored the winning try in the last minute, by the South Islander winger he sat down in his seat, everyone else in the squad was jumping around, and the coached saw it and said something to him.

All that though a very good rugby player.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 2:15pm
we need a fullback, what about Phil Dollman? not sure if it could happen, playing really well for Exeter and I think out of contract? maybe wrong?
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 2:23pm
We are too late for Dollman signed an extension in last few weeks. I thought Johnny had a reasonable game last night, certainly better than DTH  
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic