Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

On to Edinburgh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DropOut22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On to Edinburgh
    Posted: 04 March 2017 at 9:52pm
As disappointing tonights result and performance was I don't think many of us thought we were going to come away with much and these 4 games as a whole we've done really well. 2 weeks until the next game with another 2 week break after it i think we should load our bench with the welsh boys to make an impact. We need to target 5 points. Something like

Johnny
Steff E
Steff H
HP
DTH
Dan
Johnny E
Wyn
Ryan
Werner
Price
Beirne
Shingler
Boyd
Cubby

Rob,Ken,Samson,Ball,Barclay,Aled/Cawdor,Patch/Aled T,Scott/Foxy/Liam

Sponsored Links

najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 12:19am
Yeah, something like that.
Sarnian scarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnian scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 9:16am
What no replacement scrum half...
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 9:18am
Would start with Samson & Aled Davies but don't disagree with the principle. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 9:33am
Would drop DTH put Johnny on wing Liam full back Scott in centre start with Aled at 9 have Jake in second row with Tadgh apart from that same as above
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
mr geraint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr geraint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 12:18pm
Johnny
Steff E
Foxy
HP
DTH
Dan
Aled
Wyn
Ryan
Werner
Price
Beirne
Shingler
Boyd
Cubby

Rob,Ken,Samson,Ball,Barclay,Cawdor,Patch/Aled T,Sanjay

Finishing team would be
Sanjay
Steff
Fox
HP
Jonny
Patch/Aled
Cawdor
Rob
Ken
Samson
Ball
Beirne
Shingler
Barclay
Cubby
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Would drop DTH put Johnny on wing Liam full back Scott in centre start with Aled at 9 have Jake in second row with Tadgh apart from that same as above

yes similar side for me, load the bench with our returning internationals, second half last night apart they boys have performed well recently

Id go with this v Edinburgh and hopefully target 5 points!

Liam
Jonny
Jon Fox
Hadleigh
Steffan E
Dan J
Aled D

Wyn J
Ryan E
Kruger
Price
Beirne
Aaron
Cubby 
Boyde

Bench: Rob, Ken, Samson, Jake, J Barclay, G Davies, A Thomas, Scott Williams
Llywarch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llywarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 12:54pm
I think Ken has been fantastic for Wales over the first 3 games, and as such has played a lot. I'd be using him off the bench for 3/4 games and then he'll be ready for the spreys. It also gives elias a boost to his confidence/keeps him happy if the club are willing to start him with Ken available.

Boyde looks a bit tired to me so would like for him to have a few weeks off now, and then Barclay can take over. 

The interesting dilemma is who goes to the bench from the back row. Boyde deserves it, but has been quiet of late. He also doesnt offer much in the way of impact like Macleod or Condy might. I'd be tempted to have one of the later two on my bench to bring on some power/carrying ability late in the game. 

Similarly I'd start with Aled and bring Cawdor on to finish the job. 

Depending on how much Scott plays in the last two I might be tempted to start Hadleigh with Foxy (who hasnt played much this season) and then alternate the 3 of them before settling on the best combo for the Spreys game. Hadleigh looks a bit tired at times. 

I might be temted to put Samson straight in as he's not played too much for Wales and over xmas I thought he was excellent. On a side not it would be nice to see him with Wyn Jones (who has had to scrum with Kruger who's not as strong as Samson). 

Ball might be afforded a week off if Bulbring is back. 

We need to be cearful that the likes of Boyde, Elias, Wyn Jones, Cubby, Dan jones dont get tired as we approach the end of the season - they are all young players with years ahead of them and have not been in the pro game long. Their fatigue and generally under powered performance last night might be the reason for our loss. 
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 1:37pm
its 3 weeks now until our next HOME game v edinburgh, thats enough rest surely - lets not blame fatigue for last night, best side won. we have 5 games to go in league - lets go for it boys! internationals included, its what they are paid to do! 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 2:32pm
We must be careful with the younger players, they did seem tired last night, but that happens when playing against a physical side and getting hammered. One can see what has happened to Pete this season being overplayed last season, I know he is totally different BUT the point is OVERPLAYED.

I think Ball will not play for Wales in the next 2 matches, so he and the scrum halves will be itching to get on. I would play Samson, from the start, and only rest Ken, Liam, Foxy and Scott against Edinburgh, the rest could be involved.

Barclay should also get a rest, as he will be heavily involved.

Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 10:53am
For Edinburgh - basically the team that played v Munster & Leinster, augmented by some of the internationals.  Rest for Jake, Rob and Samson plus Barclay. I doubt if Ken will want to be out of the equation and I'd put all the backs into the mix.  If Bulbring and Patchell are fit then bench for them.    
Oh! and I wouldn't pick any of the crew that played at Ealing. Let them stew for a while after that shoddy show.
So for me - Sanjay, McNicholl, Fox, Hadleigh, Steff E;  Dan, Aled D; W-J, Elias, Kruger; Price, Beirne; Shings, Cubby, Boyde would be the starting XV.  

Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 3:30pm
I know many are hoping that Samson has real time to recover over the summer, but he hasn't actually played too many minutes in the last few months and Kruger has sometimes been given a tough time when he has started, so against Edinburgh I'd be tempted to start with Samson and switch at half time.
After that epic on Saturday Rob's got to be given a complete rest and Wyn and Garrett haven't yet let us down.
Scrum-half will be interesting. 
Sarnian scarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnian scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 4:01pm
I don't see any of the Welsh boys being available apart from obvioulsy Steff and Cawdor and possibly Scott although that seems doubtful. I assume Jake is carrying a bump as he came off in Paris and the others will just be knackered....
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 4:51pm
15. Liam
14. Jonny Mc
13. Foxy
12. Parkes
11. DTH
10. Dan Jones
9. Aled
8. Boyde
7. Cubby
6. Shingler
5. Price
4. Beirne
3. Samson
2. Elias
1. Wyn Jones

16. Rob
17. Ken
18. Kruger
19. Jake
20. Barclay
21. Cawdor
22. Patch if fit
23. Scott

Its the business end of the season, get everyone involved. I'm sure if we need a big last 20 off the likes of Ken, Rob, Jake, Barclay and Scott they can manage it. Liam plays, he's potentially got 5 matches left for us, lets have our monies worth. Foxy hasn't played a huge amount of rugby this season, same goes for Samson. That bench should bring it home. Bonus point win, not worried about this one.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 5:42pm
Need as strong a team as possible, no time for rest sadly. All massive games for us now.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 11:03am
 Strongest available 23 .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic