Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WRU to take over Cardiff Blues as well

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WRU to take over Cardiff Blues as well
    Posted: 05 March 2017 at 7:00pm
Apparently. All part of the property deal/ CAP redevelopment.

Weird times indeed
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 7:28pm
Was that on ScrumV?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 7:43pm
No mention at all of that tonight Steve so it's news to me.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 12:24am
Not on ScrumV, but it's definitely on the table. Seems like Uncle Pete's really had enough. Blues to be split from Cardiff RFC and run by the WRU. Similar deal as at Dragons, where the WRU is fed up with them using their RSA money to fund Newport RFC rather than at least trying to build a team at the Dragons.

Ours and the Ospreys' fate is less clear, but the Ospreys seem the least keen on WRU taking a stake in them I believe.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 7:27am
It's in today's Times written by Steve James. Couldn't get the link, sorry.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Not on ScrumV, but it's definitely on the table. Seems like Uncle Pete's really had enough. Blues to be split from Cardiff RFC and run by the WRU. Similar deal as at Dragons, where the WRU is fed up with them using their RSA money to fund Newport RFC rather than at least trying to build a team at the Dragons.

Ours and the Ospreys' fate is less clear, but the Ospreys seem the least keen on WRU taking a stake in them I believe.

The Ospreys are the biggest beneficiaries of the WRU already
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 8:33am
Not the full article but... http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/wru-to-take-over-blues-and-dragons-7ctrvqv0x

Edited by minded - 06 March 2017 at 8:33am
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 8:54am
This is all part of the mis-information that came from CAP a few months back where Peter Thomas was briefing journalists that central control was on the cards for all four regions, something flatly rejected by the Scarlets and Ospreys. Part of his 'car crash' press release.
Does this all suit Peter Thomas' agenda, because he now sees the redevelopment as a chance to get a return on his monies and walk away?
#George
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

This is all part of the mis-information that came from CAP a few months back where Peter Thomas was briefing journalists that central control was on the cards for all four regions, something flatly rejected by the Scarlets and Ospreys. Part of his 'car crash' press release.
Does this all suit Peter Thomas' agenda, because he now sees the redevelopment as a chance to get a return on his monies and walk away?
It would seem like his final retirement plan, yes
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 11:28am

I should of left of the question mark perhaps, more rhetorical. I agree. Just wish he'd left us out of it initially.
#George
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

The Ospreys are the biggest beneficiaries of the WRU already
But they're also financially the least dependent on them. Their deal at the Liberty is pretty sweet and their debts are less than assets I think
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 11:34am

I should of left of the question mark perhaps, more rhetorical. I agree. Just wish he'd left us out of it initially.
Well we need to look on the bright side here I suppose. If the WRU takes ownership of CAP redevelopment and the proposed Westgate Plaza that was, there maybe an opportunity to spread the wealth a bit rather than Cardiff being the only beneficiary.

The main thing is what our board's intentions are I guess
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 12:23pm
I think you may find the redevelopment is kept back from what's being handed over.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 2:28pm
This is not good for the Scarlets, unless more WRU money is offered to us.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 2:39pm
I sense the move to the Irish model? In a Welsh world where frankly we just can't financially compete what is plan B in all reality?  
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 2:43pm
it would seem logical as long as it is fair, too soon to say I suspect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic