Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales changes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I have no words
of praise, merely stunned bewilderment, against a building tsunami of condemnation at entrenched dogma.

Over last weekend, it was 2-0 to the IRFU with their support for the Provinces compared to nil from the WRU.

What price on Friday being a hat trick?

I'll be away from a TV and will catch up on the match afterwards.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 08 March 2017 at 1:40pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 1:57pm
Predictably uninspiring again.

The Welsh coaches have been saying they don't become a bad team overnight for a couple of years now.
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Matthew Cardey Matthew Cardey wrote:

It's a bit of a loose loose situation for welsh rugby/fans on friday night. If we loose, obviously will be bad because we will have lost. If we win, it will almost vindicate robs selection policy and hide some serious issues at hand. Says they dont become a bad team over night, we have been pretty bad for years. Its such a waste of talent, the core group of these players were always going to peak at th 2019 rwc. It s just a shame seeing it all go to waste. What is roberts doing on the bench. Took gatland and co years to drop him from the starting 15 and he s now clinging on to the bench. Grow some balls for f"&! sake.

I hope we get a prison shaming!!
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 2:06pm
So the fact he didn't release players for us against Leinster now more than ever looks like the WRU are giving the Ospreys preferential treatment.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 2:07pm
never ever have wanted wales to lose a game, but we need to get rid of the joke of a coach. if he cant see there was need for changes in the team then he shouldnt have anything to do with the game. shocking decisions in selection....i dont even think i will bother watching it. 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 2:11pm
I don't see the howls ( see what I did there ) of derision ?

At most there could have been 4 changes...hardly a changing of the guard.

Edited by Wil Chips - 08 March 2017 at 6:08pm
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

So the fact he didn't release players for us against Leinster now more than ever looks like the WRU are giving the Ospreys preferential treatment.

Its disgraceful, howley knew they wouldnt be selected but didnt release them because of a team meeting on sunday. They are likely to not play now until the edinburgh game on the 24th!
If we do loose on friday i hope we get stuffed, if we loose in the last minute or within a score, they ll spin it, ireland are a top team, we need to play for the full 80, bench didnt make the impact we hoped for.......
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 2:41pm
I don't think anyone is asking for whole sale changes just a refreshing of team and picking on form
I.e. Davies for Biggar
Liam to full back Stef and Hp to wing
(Beck not in squad otherwise would have had him in side or on bench if fit. )
North to bench to cover wing and centre
And tactical Faletau for Tuperic to counter there very big and robust back row.
Not huge changes but freshens up side going with same failing side gives wrong message to players in and out of team.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 3:10pm
Howley relaying on emotion rather than knowledge of rugby. All too predictable.  The selection bothers me less than the way we play, which shows minmal skilful coaching.

The Scarlets play a better style than Wales does, and do more off the ball with pre-planned moves.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 3:29pm
I've supported Wales all my life,going to home and away internationals, but part of me hopes Wales lose Friday. The penny might drop then. I never thought I'd say that, but this selection just shows how pig headed they are . The World Cup is two years away and we haven't really started to any blood any   young blood. Having Steff Aled Giles etc is just a token gesture. Having Willo the Whisp Roberts on the bench is bound to make a major impact on the proceedings.

Edited by LLANDRE - 08 March 2017 at 3:31pm
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I've supported Wales all my life,going to home and away internationals, but part of me hopes Wales lose Friday. The penny might drop then. I never thought I'd say that, but this selection just shows how pig headed they are . The World Cup is two years away and we haven't really started to any blood any   young blood. Having Steff Aled Giles etc is just a token gesture. Having Willo the Whisp Roberts on the bench is bound to make a major impact on the proceedings.

This.

Couldn't have put it better.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 5:03pm
I have been saying this for the past 12 months. Unfortunately the only way the seemingly blinkered powers at the WRU will act is if Wales lose and lose badly. The Scottish defeat seems to have been brushed off as we were the better team for the first half etc etc. I do not advocate wholesale as we do not have the playing base but Howley continues to get the main part of his job totally wrong namely selection. The other major part of his job - the game plan tailored to the opposition - well he really does not seem to have much clue. I said after the AI's that genuinely talented players who were deserving of selection for the Lions tour would be passed over due to the shortcomings of the Welsh coaching team. I am afraid these words may come true. 

The Irish - Murray & Sexton will target North & their front & back rows will fancy their chances of out muscling our lads. My money is on that happening. Rob Evans is in for a huge test, I really hope he comes through with shining colours as that will get him a huge step nearer a trip to NZ. Despite my growing disillusionment with Welsh International rugby I cannot bring myself to hope for anything other than a Welsh win which will only serve to secure Howley's future. What a conundrum!!!!!
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 5:23pm
I think we also needed a 7 that gets more involved in the breakdown to turnover ball and win penalties. If we were up against a side where our forwards were clearly superior and we had plenty of possession, then Tuperic is your man- he plays like a fast, roving extra back (who is also probably a better footballer than  North) but as we saw in the second half against Scotland they won much more possession than us at the breakdown and we hardly got a look-in.
I suspect Ireland will have taken note of this and will play more like Scotland did in the second half -except better.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 5:46pm
Says more about the players available to Howley than it does about him. Steph is only just good enough for us as is Gilies for the Ospreys and as for the forwards the cupboard is bare other than back rowers.
Keep the faith
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 6:10pm
Wales lose, then everyone will surely get their dreams fulfilled with major change for France. That will be fun.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 7:11pm
Well at least some people are happy with the status quo and quality players under achieving.i still can't believe though people are happy with Biggar at ten HP instead of Liam And Roberts on bench. I will be the first to celebrate a Welsh win but don't see the long term plan in this 23 to be honest.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic