FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rumours

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Even though l have supported the Scarlets for around 55 years, l feel we are at leasr 6 players short of holding our owwn in the Aviva, and 10 to make a name for ourselves.
Sweeping statement l know but l feel its the truth.

Ospreys are only in a slightly better position though.

Agree at moment we be mid table with the extra money available we be very competitive we better the Worcester Bristol Newcastle Sale Harlequins and Leicester Would put us on par with Northampton but below Exeter Wasps Saracens and Bath
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sponsored Links

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 8:30pm
Even though l have supported the Scarlets for around 55 years, l feel we are at leasr 6 players short of holding our owwn in the Aviva, and 10 to make a name for ourselves.
Sweeping statement l know but l feel its the truth.

Ospreys are only in a slightly better position though.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

I think if the blagons get the ndc us and the Os should approach the aviva and make that a 14 team league, we all know who they all would prefer to have week in week out and that's our regions
Why would the Aviva want the Welsh regions?

Competition as their league only two teams can conceivably win it they would love to us and the Ospreys not sure about the blues and Dragons. With the money available us and the Ospreys would be competitive.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

I think if the blagons get the ndc us and the Os should approach the aviva and make that a 14 team league, we all know who they all would prefer to have week in week out and that's our regions
Why would the Aviva want the Welsh regions?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

I would be interested to know for all squads:-

How many players in the squad
What is their wage bill
The split of DC's and others

It may show the relationship of the number of DC's in the squad, and the total number in the squad.

I have never liked DC's and getting fed up with them and the animosity it creates within the regions.

16 Players in total are on NDCs split like this:

Blues 2 - Sam Warburton / Gareth Anscombe
Dragons 2 - Tyler Morgan / Hal Amos 
Scarlets 3 - Samson / Jake / Foxy
Ospreys 9 - Webb / Biggar / AWJ / Bradley / Baldwin / Lydiate / Thornton / Baker 

heavy tilt towards one side there with all their key players signed up on NDCs.

This shows very clearly what is wrong with the way the NDCs have been administered - I was in favour, but NOT if it means subsidising the Os at 3x the rate of the Scarlets.

No sane person could pretend that the Os have developed or are contributing 3x as many players to the national cause as the Scarlets - indeed, we had more starters, and more players in the 23, than the Os vs Ireland. This needs sorting, as it is bringing the system into disrepute.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Isn't Rhodri Jones still NDC with the O's as well? Can't think of any other reason why he's near the Welsh squad? Confused

Don't think Rhodri's NDC was renewed when be crossed the river.
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 6:09pm
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 5:23pm
Baker isn't.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 5:21pm
Isn't Rhodri Jones still NDC with the O's as well? Can't think of any other reason why he's near the Welsh squad? Confused
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 5:07pm
James King is in a DC I believe..

Edited by Wil Chips - 13 March 2017 at 5:11pm
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 3:50pm

What is their wage bill

It may show the relationship of the number of DC's in the squad, and the total number in the squad.

I have never liked DC's and getting fed up with them and the animosity it creates within the regions.

16 Players in total are on NDCs split like this:

Blues 2 - Sam Warburton / Gareth Anscombe
Dragons 2 - Tyler Morgan / Hal Amos 
Scarlets 3 - Samson / Jake / Foxy
Ospreys 9 - Webb / Biggar / AWJ / Bradley / Baldwin / Lydiate / Thornton / Baker / King

heavy tilt towards one side there with all their key players signed up on NDCs.

Edited by PE SA - 14 March 2017 at 9:52am
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 3:33pm

What is their wage bill

Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Francis and Roberts have both been linked to the Blues in the last 24 hours presumably on NDC.

Moriarty not coming to us.

Safe to say these NDC agreements are completely shafting us. The WRU clearly are prioritising the Ospreys and Blues, I hope our leadership are all over them like a rash.

Wouldn't add Blues in that comment to be honest as they only have Warburton and Anscombe currently. Francis...doesn't need to move does he. He's a forward. He is a prop. He will always be a wildcard as there is only him and Samson. It's the backs that are risking things with moving away / turning down a return. Can not see Roberts returning on a DC. He will be 31 next season. If he is to return to Cardiff, he will go there in full IMO. 

it's absolutely ridiculous though how we have:
Samson Lee
Jake Ball
Foxy

But Ken Owen, Rob Evans, Scott Williams, Liam Williams, Gareth Davies...All match day regulars, most starters, for Wales. All these players have recently signed new deals...and not cheaper deals either. 

Ospreys have:
Rhys Webb
Alun Wyn Jones
Dan Biggar
Bradley Davies
Dan Lydiate
James King
Scott Baldwin
Dan Baker
Rory Thornton
ones in bold i simply can not understand. 
When you have the likes of Rob Evs, Ken Owen (the Lions hooker for me) etc not on one! 
For the Ospreys starting line up - 60% are NDC players...and by that, obviously, only 40% of wages Ospreys are paying for majority of their line up. 

I don't get it! Does anybody? 

With East Wales Blues bound to happen, I see this side having a first 15 of NDC players...where the glut of Ospreys NDCs will end and offered to that controlled region. That's where I see things heading.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 12:22pm
Francis and Roberts have both been linked to the Blues in the last 24 hours presumably on NDC.

Moriarty not coming to us.

Safe to say these NDC agreements are completely shafting us. The WRU clearly are prioritising the Ospreys and Blues, I hope our leadership are all over them like a rash.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Where will he go then? If it's the o's then it's blatant the wru favour them.
My guess would the newly taken over East Wales Blues. 

Edited by PE SA - 13 March 2017 at 12:05pm
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 11:57am
Where will he go then? If it's the o's then it's blatant the wru favour them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic