Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rumours

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletfever13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rumours
    Posted: 10 March 2017 at 7:58pm
any new transfer rumours for the scarlets??

all other regions seem to be announcing signings 

all quiet for scarlets 

anyone heard anything...
Sponsored Links

Pembsamos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pembsamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2017 at 11:08am
Only us and zebre in the pro12 that haven't announced any signings yet. Only rumours I've heard are eli walker and Tom prydie, which I wouldn't mind if we could also sign a good southern hemisphere back three player as walker and prydie are both injury prone.

Edited by Pembsamos - 11 March 2017 at 11:12am
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2017 at 11:27am
Only rumours I have heard: 
Tom Prydie
Ross Morriarity - done deal (rumour)
Lucas Amorosino - rumour quashed by Pivac. 

How much substance there is to Prydie / Morriarity...no idea. 

Eli Walker is a finisher...the lad is injury prone, but would be worth investing in.

I have no idea if Aled Thomas will still be playing next season...if not, we need a 10. a signing similar to when we signed Olly Barkley would be ideal...a good player coming to the end of their career just to provide depth and experience for a year or 2. I dont think it will be long before we lose both Patch and Dan to the Welsh squad which leaves us bare/empty at 10.
ExileTom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExileTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2017 at 11:54am
If any southern hemisphere players are signing id hope we can get them before the end of this season so they're able to have a decent preseason. Ideally we should be talking to any players that Pivac might rate who didn't manage to get a super rugby contract this season.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2017 at 12:23pm
I'd heard that one of the regions was interested in Aidon Davis who is a no.8 at Toulon. Hasn't played much this season, but was a regular at 8 for the King's in Super Rugby last season. Would be a tidy and not especially expensive signing. He's good over the ball too so would work well with our turnover game.

I can't see Moriarty coming for next season, season after possibly. Saying that now 1/2p looks like he's staying in France it will be interesting to see what the WRU plan to do with the funds set aside for him.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2017 at 1:08pm
Oh not another Davis, and this one's probably not even Welsh Qualified. He's also down as being 100kg- not the big ball carrying 8 a lot of us were hoping for 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2017 at 1:52pm
Not much chance of any big signings I'd have thought.  Boyde and Elias will have commanded decent pay rises, and I know money's tight - if not as desperate as I was led to believe!

We'll probably sign another forward and another back, but relative unknowns. Our strength is how good we are in the international windows, I can't see us spending big on anyone who is likely to be away for those.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

I'd heard that one of the regions was interested in Aidon Davis who is a no.8 at Toulon. Hasn't played much this season, but was a regular at 8 for the King's in Super Rugby last season. Would be a tidy and not especially expensive signing. He's good over the ball too so would work well with our turnover game.

I can't see Moriarty coming for next season, season after possibly. Saying that now 1/2p looks like he's staying in France it will be interesting to see what the WRU plan to do with the funds set aside for him.

Buy the Blues & Dragons!
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2017 at 6:13pm
Think Moniarty is still on contract with Gloucester next season
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 9:19am
Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

WRU/Scarlets allegedly settling that if rumors are to be believed. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 9:20am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

WRU won't be putting him at Scarlets if he signs an NDC
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 9:22am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

WRU won't be putting him at Scarlets if he signs an NDC
Cheers for that...not sure why I actually thought they would. 
It's not as if we need a ball carrier. Shocked
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 11:18am
What is the reason Moriarty will not be joining the Scarlets?
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 11:57am
Where will he go then? If it's the o's then it's blatant the wru favour them.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Where will he go then? If it's the o's then it's blatant the wru favour them.
My guess would the newly taken over East Wales Blues. 

Edited by PE SA - 13 March 2017 at 12:05pm
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 12:22pm
Francis and Roberts have both been linked to the Blues in the last 24 hours presumably on NDC.

Moriarty not coming to us.

Safe to say these NDC agreements are completely shafting us. The WRU clearly are prioritising the Ospreys and Blues, I hope our leadership are all over them like a rash.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic