Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are all English scrum halves tw@*s?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are all English scrum halves tw@*s?
    Posted: 12 March 2017 at 12:20pm
Just seen the covers of the Sunday papers - rather as I expected two of them show Danny Care swallow diving over for the last try - as if it mattered to the result. The sort of thing we've come to expect from English 9s over the years...

Compare and contrast Joseph's much more understated touchdowns - a classy player, who SHOULD have been on the front pages, but wasn't, thanks to glory-hunter Care.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Just seen the covers of the Sunday papers - rather as I expected two of them show Danny Care swallow diving over for the last try - as if it mattered to the result. The sort of thing we've come to expect from English 9s over the years...

Compare and contrast Joseph's much more understated touchdowns - a classy player, who SHOULD have been on the front pages, but wasn't, thanks to glory-hunter Care.

I think that this should be banned. It is in my view totally unnecessary and ungentlemanly. When you win you should do so with dignity. It sets a bad example for younger kids. Got no problem with a dive or slide to avoid/get under a tackle. Gloating in this manner has no place in the game in my view. 

Shane did it several times and I cringe when I see the replays.
Gwyn Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwyn Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I think that this should be banned. It is in my view totally unnecessary and ungentlemanly. When you win you should do so with dignity. It sets a bad example for younger kids. Got no problem with a dive or slide to avoid/get under a tackle. Gloating in this manner has no place in the game in my view. 

Shane did it several times and I cringe when I see the replays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYVXZ81zCiM

I don't like it either.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 2:21pm
Hope he breaks his shoulder the next time. Actions have consequences
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 3:52pm
Yes I felt it was truly gloating but as mentioned Shane Williams did it as well which I also found distasteful. Care totally went OTT though and looked a total pratt.A 6 week injury for a jarred shoulder should have been his reward!  
Gwyn Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwyn Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Crikey that's a bit strong(!)
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 4:26pm
rupert henry st john barker moon is the only exception to the rule
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 5:12pm
SpikyMikey, Cawdor and Webb all have had their silly moments. No one on a par with Chris Ashton though. Total appendage!

Edited by totallybiasedscarlet - 12 March 2017 at 5:12pm
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 5:29pm
This does seem to be a particular 'characteristic' of 9s, though - especially English ones - when you remember  Youngs at y Parc, and Dawson and Healey. Ashton is a wing, and I can't remember another one who is anywhere near as obnoxious.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Gwyn Morgan Gwyn Morgan wrote:

Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Crikey that's a bit strong(!)

Done it myself, not showboating but needing to dive to score. Painful. Out of action for 6 months. What he did, and many others before him, has no place in sport.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 5:35pm
Itoje started to grind on me a bit yesterday. Lots of whoopin, gesticulating and generallly in-necessary fiffing about.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Itoje started to grind on me a bit yesterday. Lots of whoopin, gesticulating and generallly in-necessary fiffing about.

I'm surprised he found time between his illegal ruck entries to do that. He's a superb player but I do feel that he's developing a bit of a superhuman invisibility cloak around him that the likes of McCaw and O'Connell had. How he doesn't get penalised more is beyond me.

As for scrum halves it's hardly like Webb or Cawdor are Saints so seems a bit rich to complain about English 9s.
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 5:48pm

Particularly when he ruffled Barclays hair like a schoolyard bully. Can also add Haskell to that list of arrogant tossers.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 6:17pm
Barclay had pulled Itoje's scrum cap off and thrown it away about 10 mins earlier...which I quite enjoyed.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 7:02pm
Itoje is a very good second row but won't or shouldn't get in the Luons back row on form he not that good a six as even Moriaty or no where near Stander or Warburton
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 7:33pm

Barclay had pulled Itoje's scrum cap off and thrown it away about 10 mins earlier...which I quite enjoyed.
John was getting very frustrated and at one stage the advantage became a penalty due to John. Can't blame him though. He was pretty fed up to say the least. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic