Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stradey remembered

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Originally posted by InTheBath InTheBath wrote:

Considering the financial landscape of European Rugby at the moment, the club is in a good place at the moment. Yes, it would be nice to not lose money every year, have the average crowd nudging up to 9k again, making a european knockout match, not losing a star player every year.....but considering the hand we've been dealt, we're doing ok and we're playing some of the most best rugby since Nigel was here, so well done to the coaches and players.

Things could always be better - I'd like better recruitment, the board to be more active (or visible) in negotiating especially around NDCs, I'd like more sponsors, I'd like an experienced DoR to come in to further improve development across the whole region, I'd like all the annoying little things around PyS to be fixed etc

How we voice these is the important thing though and I am not sure looking back through rose tinted specs at Stradey and complaining about these things is the way to do it.

I agree here, I didnt mean for it to have come across like that. Ive said before I was in support for our move. But i am underwhelmed with the finished article.

Nothing's perfect mate, but come back and stick with the the rest of us still there. There ARE days, (not enough of them maybe), when the Parc DOES feel right and good. It's taken time to get to that point, and still more to be done, but what was the alternative? Have  a look at  http://www.blackandambers.co.uk   and think! That could have been us!   

Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 8:26pm

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Its all the little simple things that build up to making us mediocre, and nobody on here is brave enough to see it or admit it.

What is your yardstick for measuring  success speedy?  What would we need to achieve before you would be happy?

An "intune" Sospan Fach from the threadbare terrace would be a step in the right direction...
could always ask gareth Malone if he follows the scarlets.Big smile
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 11:22am
Who would have thought after loosing the first three games of the season we would have secured a play off spot with a game to spare? For all the mistakes of the past, we are still here and in the best position for many years. I don't see how that is accepting mediocrity.

Ymlaen!
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

Who would have thought after loosing the first three games of the season we would have secured a play off spot with a game to spare? For all the mistakes of the past, we are still here and in the best position for many years. I don't see how that is accepting mediocrity.

Ymlaen!
If only we could for once realise our own potential though.

We never seem to kick on and achieve. 

Not like we used to.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 5:52pm

Ymlaen!

Not like we used to.

With all due respect we have achieved. Pivac stated that he wanted a play off spot this year and we have done it with a game to spare. I feel therefore that we have kicked on from last season.
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 6:03pm

Ymlaen!

Not like we used to.

How do you define achievement?
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 6:49pm

Ymlaen!

Not like we used to.
We are a small region in a sparsely populated area of Wales without major money... we are over achieving if anything. What are you expecting?
The rugby climate has changed dramatically since Llanelli were a serious force in Europe, you just can't compare then to now. How can't you see that?

Edited by scarletnut - 02 May 2017 at 6:51pm
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 7:22pm

Ymlaen!

Not like we used to.
Can it be that it was all so simple then?

Or has time re-written every line?

And if we had the chance to do it all again,

Would we?  Could we.

Time to let Speedy live with his water coloured memories methinks. Smile

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:35pm

Ymlaen!

Not like we used to.

Would we?  Could we.

was that in tune ross'o bont?
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Ymlaen!

Not like we used to.

Would we?  Could we.

was that in tune ross'o bont?

Only if Dai 9-3 didn't pitch it!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic