Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foxy and Scott.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 9:07am
I know he's my son, but in all honesty do we really need to have threads like this?

Never mind that they are baseless or anecdotal at best, but the suggestion that we should just sideline international players is, well, let's say, worrying.
Sponsored Links

sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I know he's my son, but in all honesty do we really need to have threads like this?

Never mind that they are baseless or anecdotal at best, but the suggestion that we should just sideline international players is, well, let's say, worrying.

This..exactly..
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 9:24am

Totally agree Wil - 100%. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 9:38am
The original post is very poor but there is genuine discussion to be had on when we should re introduce our intls into team. I personally think it should be Scott and HP in centre Foxy on bench. Braclay should be rested as should ken Jake and Rob.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Not only Francis can't scrummage. Smith proved he's not an international LH. He might be decent around the field but in the scrum, nowhere near international level. And that is not only yesterday. For me, Gill should gave been on the bench. I know he's not on form but at least he can scrummage.

Smith wasn't on until the very last scrum so yesterday proved nothing other than the replacements policy went out the window when we lost the two second rows. We had to hold a forward back in case of another injury and Smith was the man. Yesterday was a match where in the end our injury toll lost us the match.

Any news on Jake?   

Edited by John - 19 March 2017 at 9:51am
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 9:56am
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

Is there anyway they can stay away, as they are pants with Wales, and will only weaken our run in chances.
I hope that Pivac leaves them out, and sticks with Hadleigh and Steff.

The rest will be welcomed back.

Very distasteful comment.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 9:57am

but the suggestion that we should just sideline international players is, well, let's say, worrying.

That's a courteous way of describing it.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Wow blame lying with Barnes and or Webb wtf you [beep]s been on? We were poo yet again! Tom Francis proved he cannot scrummage for poo! We were lucky to be ahead most of the game. France deserved to win end of! Bloody well done Ireland is the best I can say from today!

If you thought Webb had a good game you were on something stronger than me. I'm not saying it was all his fault far from it the fault lies with poor selection and the stubbornness to stay with a limited game plan because you have selected limited players.
Webb was excellent, as he has been all championship. One of the only players that plays what's in front of him
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 10:21am
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Not only Francis can't scrummage. Smith proved he's not an international LH. He might be decent around the field but in the scrum, nowhere near international level. And that is not only yesterday. For me, Gill should gave been on the bench. I know he's not on form but at least he can scrummage.

Smith wasn't on until the very last scrum so yesterday proved nothing other than the replacements policy went out the window when we lost the two second rows. We had to hold a forward back in case of another injury and Smith was the man. Yesterday was a match where in the end our injury toll lost us the match.

Any news on Jake?   

I disagree. Smith had the same SR support as rob did in previous scrims. Yet rob held his own where smith went backwards quicker than a locomotive on steroids.it proved a fresh smith and as no suitable replacement for a 90 minute rob
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 10:24am
I fully expect both Scott and Foxy to be on the plane to NZ with the Lions.

Class is permanent.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 10:47am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

Is there anyway they can stay away, as they are pants with Wales, and will only weaken our run in chances.
I hope that Pivac leaves them out, and sticks with Hadleigh and Steff.

The rest will be welcomed back.
Foxy  played very well today, his stats have also been really high in the Six Nations,

Steff Hughes is a steady eddie player offering very little in attack.

But yes lets leave out our best line breaker in Scott. I mean he was rubbish against Toulon and Saracens wasn't he?

Do you really think JD played well yesterday? I think he's had a really poor 6N. You can quote stats at me, but I know what I've seen. He's gone backwards since he came back from France, and has played himself out of a Lions place.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 10:47am
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Class is permanent.

I wish JD would start showing some then. His passing is awful.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 10:54am
What a pointless thread on the forum! Scott and Foxy have been superb most of the 6 nations and I fully expect them both on the plane to NZ.

Scott when hes played for the Scarlets has probably been one of our best players all season

One off game for Wales and someone is calling for him to be dropped, ridiculous .

All the internationals come back into the squad for the Edinburgh game if fit. They will only boost the team and we need to start targetting bonus point wins and with Scott and Foxy in the center that will give us a good chance
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 10:54am

Class is permanent.

Nothing to do with the original thread, but based purely on the 6 nations form, I think both are struggling. That said, their chances are vastly improved cause Gatland is in charge. From a personal point of view, a summer of much needed rest and a full pre-season would benefit both players.
In Pivac we trust
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 11:39am
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Class is permanent.

Nothing to do with the original thread, but based purely on the 6 nations form, I think both are struggling. That said, their chances are vastly improved cause Gatland is in charge. From a personal point of view, a summer of much needed rest and a full pre-season would benefit both players.

Agreed. I have no idea how people can think that Foxy has been outstanding in the 6N. Scott has played ok, but the way Wales have played has not done them any favours.
Feverpitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feverpitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 11:48am
Aled, threatening the defence.... not sure about that !
Unless you are basing it on the one recent performance in Munster after the softening up work had been done and he was playing with the strong wind
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic