Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RGC vs Merthyr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RGC vs Merthyr
    Posted: 25 March 2017 at 5:38pm
Anyone else watching? It's on S4C now. Phill John looks like he's put on a few pounds Nice to see him playing again
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 6:50pm
RGC win 24-20. Dramatic ending! A good game fair play.
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 6:56pm
Brilliant win at the death for RGC, well done Ex Scarlets Mark Jones & Phil John!! Clap
"YMA O HYD"
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 7:14pm
Watched the whole game. Pretty good standard tbh although I didn`t see any player who I thought may cut it at a higher level. 

What was the crowd? Maybe 500 max. and I`m being generous. There just doesn`t appear to be the appetite for club rugby in Wales, at any level.
In Pivac we trust
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 8:08pm
Wonderful to see Merthyr lose for so many reasons based on a bit of morality! The genesis of the 5th region? 
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 8:28pm
Enjoyed the game second semi final Merthyr have lost in the last two weeks now only league left to play now for silverware RUmours that Nigel Davies going to Merthyr next season
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Wonderful to see Merthyr lose for so many reasons based on a bit of morality! The genesis of the 5th region? 

Personally I'd much rather see an independently owned club beat a Union owned club. But I'm probably in the minority these days.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 10:13pm
Craig Evans was killing RGC penalty wise in the second half, as a neutral I thought he was favouring Merthyr. So I was delighted when against all odds RGC scored in the last seconds. Finishes like that dont happen often. Really enjoyed the game and the result.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 11:11pm
When you look at the men on that Merthyr team and their wages you realise it's not a development team unlike Llanelli where we grow Scarlets! Not many 20-23 years old in Merthyr s team!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Personally I'd much rather see an independently owned club beat a Union owned club. But I'm probably in the minority these days.

The Merthyr wages,are ridiculous.Welsh rugby doesn't need them. I also hope that WRU keep a financial balance in their support of the fledgling new 'regional 'ambitions up North as there are other regions who need support.

Edited by reesytheexile - 26 March 2017 at 10:32am
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 4:32am
Highlights anywhere?
Hopefully the North of Wales can become a strong enough rugby area to produce more players of the standard of Rhun Williams who I think is an excellent player. That being said I agree with Kid A that the WRU backing RGC to such an extent is against fairness in the game.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 6:31am
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Highlights anywhere?
Hopefully the North of Wales can become a strong enough rugby area to produce more players of the standard of Rhun Williams who I think is an excellent player. That being said I agree with Kid A that the WRU backing RGC to such an extent is against fairness in the game.

Get used to it happening already with the Ospreys and just wait fror the Wrugans.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 10:29am
Bound to be an S4C repeat of the game if you look out The pitch was so different from the mud bath of the old days. Has to be the future for semi pro and pro rugby and perhaps the WRU should help sponsor artificial grounds in the Premiership and Championship as part of player development to help with playing skills.
ExileTom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExileTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 10:34am

Bound to be an S4C repeat of the game if you look out The pitch was so different from the mud bath of the old days. Has to be the future for semi pro and pro rugby and perhaps the WRU should help sponsor artificial grounds in the Premiership and Championship as part of player development to help with playing skills.

It's on S4C now
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2017 at 11:23am
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Watched the whole game. Pretty good standard tbh although I didn`t see any player who I thought may cut it at a higher level. 

What was the crowd? Maybe 500 max. and I`m being generous. There just doesn`t appear to be the appetite for club rugby in Wales, at any level.

That's what you get when playing semis at a neutral ground (in this case Sardis Road). RGC surely getting 2.5 - 3k this season at home.

It also says something about the importance of the cup now. Prem far more important.

From highlights I've seen on Scrum V attendances at Prem matches have looked pretty encouraging this season
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2017 at 7:06pm
Got to say the limb burns on a number of Merthyr players were a concern as they were patently there. Is the Ponty pitch different to Merthyrs ground and again what is the Blues ground like in comparison or all they all different? Our ground is different again with part grass and part rubber but needs to be taken up each year? Should we not move to a more artificial pitch? It's confusing to have these options. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic