Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Huge result

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huge result
    Posted: 25 March 2017 at 11:22pm
Ospreys to finish 5th ????
Sponsored Links

najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 11:28pm
It was (hopefully) a one off in what has otherwise been a very good season for them. Don't forget Treviso did the double over Scarlets in 2012-13 and despite that the team still finished fourth.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 11:28pm
Mmm... don't think so 🤔
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Mmm... Odon't think so 🤔

Who are you answering: me or the OP?
RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 2:53am
As much as I'm laughing uncontrollably about the O's result, I'd still love to see 2 x Welsh teams taking on 2 x Irish teams in the play-offs.
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 3:06am
Originally posted by RedZep RedZep wrote:

As much as I'm laughing uncontrollably about the O's result, I'd still love to see 2 x Welsh teams taking on 2 x Irish teams in the play-offs.

For sure it was a disgraceful result, but as a Scarlet one ought not to get too smug: the Scarlets have still lost more times to Treviso than the Ospreys have, including their severe home loss in 2013 of 17-41.  Anyway, I am sure (or at least hope) it was a one-off blip, and the two Irish and two Welsh scenario at the end of the season is still perfectly feasible.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 8:13am
I can only say, I hope the Ospreys play like that when they come to visit PYS!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 9:44am
With the fixtures they have left, no Alun Wyn, 5th is a possibility after last nights loss.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 9:52am
Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

It was (hopefully) a one off in what has otherwise been a very good season for them. Don't forget Treviso did the double over Scarlets in 2012-13 and despite that the team still finished fourth.

Very good season not yet they have done well against poor sides in a second tier competition and when they have played big teams in league they have struggled. You seem to think we are a poor side judging by your comments on Wales on line comparing us beating Toulon and Munster as the same kind of shock as Treviso beating Ospreys.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Very good season not yet they have done well against poor sides in a second tier competition and when they have played big teams in league they have struggled. You seem to think we are a poor side judging by your comments on Wales on line comparing us beating Toulon and Munster as the same kind of shock as Treviso beating Ospreys.

Granted, the Ospreys' record against the Irish sides has not been brilliant this season, but this still does not detract from the fact that their attack has been the best in the Pro 12 so far except for Leinster.  And no, Scarlets are not a poor side, but they are inconsistent and can be, if anything, even more complacent than the Ospreys when it comes to dealing with 'minnows'.  And yes, it was a shock (though obviously NOT to this scale) that Scarlets beat Toulon at home and Munster away, when you consider how utterly useless Scarlets were in Europe last season and how seemingly unstoppable Munster were after Axel Foley died. Btw, I like both West Wales teams and want to see them do well.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 11:07am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

With the fixtures they have left, no Alun Wyn, 5th is a possibility after last nights loss.

He is an important figure in their team for sure, but losing him is not the end of the world - they still have Biggar, Tipuric, Baldwin and Webb to come back, and Bradley Davies is also shortly due back from injury.
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 12:38pm

He is an important figure in their team for sure, but losing him is not the end of the world - they still have Biggar, Tipuric, Baldwin and Webb to come back, and Bradley Davies is also shortly due back from injury.

Baldwin
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

Baldwin

Biggar LOL LOL LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by RedZep RedZep wrote:

Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

Baldwin

Biggar LOL LOL LOL

They may not be in the best form right now but those lads have been on the Ospreys side in recent times when they've given us a tuning. There's no doubt they're influential for them.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 2:26pm
I don't really understand the negativity Biggar get sometimes. He's a class 10.
RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

I don't really understand the negativity Biggar get sometimes. He's a class 10.

Can only speak for myself and of course it's just my opinion but I will try and quantify.

Wales scored just 8 x tries during the 6N, Biggar was involved in only one of those - a simple 1 up pass to Scott Williams who then made the telling pass that created the try. I believe the 10 should be the most creative player on the pitch, especially from 2nd/3rd etc phases and from broken play, where playing what's in front of you is so important. Biggar can't do that, he can't play heads-up.

For me he epitomises if you don't try anything then you can't do anything wrong. He doesn't make the mistakes that say a Priestland or Sam Davies will make because he doesn't try to create anything. I honestly feel this is why he has never had the same levels of criticism aimed at him as some of the other 10's to play for Wales. His individual skills are excellent - his kick and chase under the high ball is superb, his intercept v England was too, as is his goal kicking (but while 1/2p is in the side this is surplus to requirement). None of these skills led to a single try for Wales, though. Unfortunately rugby isn't an individual game - he's too much of an individual in a team sport for my liking.

He has missed many a tackle that would have saved tries, he butchered a simple 2 on 1 v France by delaying the pass too long (identical position to earlier in the day when Hogg put Seymour over for the try) and I haven't even mentioned his petulance yet. If he played rugby as well as he can moan at refs and gesticulate he'd be some player - bit more substance and less image, maybe.

Sexton, Ford, Russell and Farrell are streets ahead of him, imo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic