Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 41>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2017 at 9:24am
I'm always apprehensive after years and years of players that we were promised but never materialised.
Sponsored Links

scarletsmad_87 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

The Scarlets Twitter feed has made numerous comments today about new signing announcements coming soon.

Can't imagine they would be that bullish if we were just about to announce Prydie and/or Grabham. Suspect there's something else in the mix.

I'm hoping with Pivac's visit down NZ he has tempted another player like Johnny Mac or HP style of player to join us. 
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 11:35pm
The Scarlets Twitter feed has made numerous comments today about new signing announcements coming soon.

Can't imagine they would be that bullish if we were just about to announce Prydie and/or Grabham. Suspect there's something else in the mix.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

When was the last time anyone saw Halfpenny make a significant break? or put his winger clean away? or score an impressive try? He's been awful as an attacking back for the last 2+ years. all ive seen him do is kicking kicks and when he's had the ball just getting his head down and going to ground.

Would I like to see us sign him? Yes, for his boot, but in the hope that he would be an adequate link man in our excellent offensive game. Would he bring anything more to us? I dont think so.

Never thought I say this, but I hope we dont go for him.

That's because Rob Howley coaches him. Do you think Foxy and Scott play the same for us as they do for Wales?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

If he comes back to Wales it will be to Cardiff. He's actually explicitly told people that

Not true.
Who is your source then?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 3:41pm

If he comes back to Wales it will be to Cardiff. He's actually explicitly told people that

Not true.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 3:26pm
With Tom prydie coming from the Dragons, while head coach Wayne Pivac is also targeting another signing with a club statement revealing that the Scarlets have “identified a player who will add strength in depth to the backline”.

Edited by shocker - 20 June 2017 at 3:28pm
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 3:09pm
Gareth Owen has signed for Leicester. Good luck to him. He has really improved in his time here. He was very flaky and a poor decision maker when he joined, but is a much more mature and consistent player these days. It's a shame his knee problems have robbed him of a bit of his old zip.

The last paragraph of the article on our website confirming the move is interesting.

"In addition to continuing the development of the region's talented youngsters in Ioan Nicholas, Ryan Conbeer and Corey Baldwin the Scarlets have identified a player who will add strength in depth to the backline."

Is this player Prydie, or another new signing?

Edited by Mugwuffin - 20 June 2017 at 3:10pm
BBledd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 2:38pm

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

As BBledd says and they resonate...I can tell you for sure that no way would he have signed for the Blues 2 years ago...
That was last year. Times have changed, as others have said on here he's explicitly told people that if he came back to Wales he would join Cardiff

As you said, times change, and as I pointed out, it's a dynamic situation, I'm sure much has changed since he 'explicitly told people' that Cardiff was his only Destination.
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

The received wisdom is that Scarlets and Ospreys have the potential to kick on from top 4 in Pro12, including in ERC, Dragons are 'work in progress' under new WRU ownership, but Cardiff Blues are "a waste of time" under their current regime.

Halfpenny has form for being indecisive at the best of times, that's what killed a potential Scarlets contract previously, but the malaise at CAP would surely put him off returning there, despite his previous statement.

So his NDC options would be Scarlets (assuming he and we show a new interest), Ospreys (not strangers to NDC refugees) or WRU Dragons (why would he?) - however, there'll be a queue of French and English clubs in his way first. And he won't even start to consider next season until his Lions tour is done and dusted, such is his focus.

Well clearly not he was offered an NDC by Cardiff recently
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 12:52pm
If the funds were available, I'd prefer to sign North next season (I believe his Northampton contract is up) than sign Halfpenny this season. That's a monumental if mind you.
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 12:35pm
The received wisdom is that Scarlets and Ospreys have the potential to kick on from top 4 in Pro12, including in ERC, Dragons are 'work in progress' under new WRU ownership, but Cardiff Blues are "a waste of time" under their current regime.

Halfpenny has form for being indecisive at the best of times, that's what killed a potential Scarlets contract previously, but the malaise at CAP would surely put him off returning there, despite his previous statement.

So his NDC options would be Scarlets (assuming he and we show a new interest), Ospreys (not strangers to NDC refugees) or WRU Dragons (why would he?) - however, there'll be a queue of French and English clubs in his way first. And he won't even start to consider next season until his Lions tour is done and dusted, such is his focus.

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

He did say to everyone in Toulon he would go back to Cardiff, and we should respect that, like Liam and Saracens, regardless who the champions are. 
Devils advocate - would we still expect Sanjay to return if we were also rans at that point?
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 11:25am
It's a funny thing but we are happy that Leigh is Cardiff bound as it's loyalty to the Blues yet in other instances we are told it's all about money and there is no such thing as loyalty. Can't have it both ways !
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

As BBledd says and they resonate...I can tell you for sure that no way would he have signed for the Blues 2 years ago...
That was last year. Times have changed, as others have said on here he's explicitly told people that if he came back to Wales he would join Cardiff

Edited by scarletnut - 20 June 2017 at 10:26am
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by Havard Fan Havard Fan wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by Havard Fan Havard Fan wrote:

Quite concerning there have been no formal announcements though of 'New' Signings. No replacements rumoured for Bernado and Morgan Allen and the only signing of note to replace Sanjay and DTH is Prydie.

Agree.  Baffling there's no announcements on those "done deals" with training starting next week!!
I would say that Morgan Allens replacement is both Macleod and Tom Phillips. 

Bernardo....needs a replacement as we only have 4 locks. 

Prydie..."close to announcement" what seems like MONTHS ago!!! is it still happening!?  

I suppose both McLeod and Phillips could fill that position. Would be nice too if Condy can put his injury woes behind him and step up. Looks impressive when watching him for the rfc.

I still think we need another lock though and hopefully we can add 6-7 kilos on to Beirne and Rawlings.

I don't know if adding weight to Bierne and Rawlings be that good an idea they are quick and use that pace brilliantly in defence as well as getting round pitch. What they both have is huge hearts because the courage they show is in unbelievable. There is an obsession with size that isn't always the answer especially bearing in mind the type of game we seek to play. I can't remember us struggling that much this season because of lack of size in the tight.
Agree. They are mobile, but also very strong. No need to add 7KG onto them...this may happen naturally to Beirne as he is only 24 so he is in ways still growing. 
Rawlins on the other hand is 27 and has already added weight on and is a very dominant tackler. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 41>
  Share Topic