Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets' lions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets' lions
    Posted: 21 April 2017 at 6:51pm
Just want to know what people's thoughts are on this. Does anyone think that the lions selection may have a detrimental impact to the rest of our players season with regards to performance? Foxy has recently come out and said his head is fully focussed on pro12 but we all know that's not the case, and of course it is natural.
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
Sponsored Links

greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 7:45pm
He can rest up along with Ken. Liam should play as he's leaving. Centre is covered with Scott, Hadley and Steph Hughes.
Keep the faith
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

He can rest up along with Ken. Liam should play as he's leaving. Centre is covered with Scott, Hadley and Steph Hughes.
Are you suggesting that Ken and Foxy should be rested until the end of the season when we can still win silverware?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 8:17pm
TBH foxy isn't even our first choice centre on form.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 8:33pm
Based on previous lions tours players want to play so that they keep themselves match fit. See BBC article today where Foxy is focused on getting the club to the top 4 play off and further.

We must play them, thats what l think.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
mr geraint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr geraint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 9:12pm
I'm sure the opposition will be pretty happy if we rest our Lions.
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 11:12pm

Seriously?
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 11:50pm
They would yo may not think so......a prophet is not honoured in his own land.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 8:29am
I wouldn't play foxy he hasn't been at it all season!
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by PTScarlet PTScarlet wrote:

Bit harsh, think he's performances have improved steadily throughout the season.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 5:03pm

He was one of our best players last weekend.
Steve twin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve twin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Are you suggesting that Ken and Foxy should be rested until the end of the season when we can still win silverware?

Silverware
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

He was one of our best players last weekend.

Yes, he's on an upward form curve - Scott has been very quiet recently. I'd start Parkes and Foxy v Connacht.

As for the Lions, I doubt selection will have any bearing on how well our three perform until the end of the Scarlets' season. I expect them to give 100%, and believe they will.

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Steve twin Steve twin wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Silverware
Err if we get into the play-offs we are two games away from silverware.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 8:54pm
I think we'll make the final. 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I think we'll make the final. 

Thatta boy Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic