Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phil Davies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phil Davies
    Posted: 14 June 2017 at 5:53pm
Press seem to think he is returning as coach of Llanelli RFC.
Quite a surprise.
Sponsored Links

townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Press seem to think he is returning as coach of Llanelli RFC.
Quite a surprise.

IMO Wil think it is a poor appointment for Llanelli RFC..Llandovery have Euros Evans,Quins have Richard Kelly, surly the RFC could have gone for someone along them lines, who maybe then could push onto the regional stage like Ioan has done...Is Phil still involved with Nambia?..If so then his time is split between both jobs,not great
judith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 6:52pm
Was Dai Flanagan their coach last season? How did Llanelli fare in the league?
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 6:52pm
Phil Davies set to be announced next week according to Wales Online.

Excellent addition. Good coach to have to develop the youngsters.
Dai Flanagan to remain to work with Davies.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 7:04pm
Phil Davies head/forwards coach and still coaching Namibia,academy coach to shadow him,as cover when Phil is away,Flanagan defence coach and Paul Fisher attack coach.

Kevin George will take over from Gyppo as head off development ..
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 7:08pm
I take it the poo on his head has gone then,terrific clubman
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 7:08pm
I'd be delighted to see Phil back at the region, especially in the role suggested. Has a great rugby brain and so much to offer our developing players. If true, its a big Thumbs Up from me.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 7:52pm
Set a template that the current regime has made some minor tweaks to and are flying with.

I'll never forget standing around the huddle on the pitch at stradey and listening to his half time team talks, like a Shakespearean poet he was.

Welcome home phil.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 8:27pm
Good news indeed.

Ideal mentor role.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 14 June 2017 at 8:27pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Set a template that the current regime has made some minor tweaks to and are flying with.

I'll never forget standing around the huddle on the pitch at stradey and listening to his half time team talks, like a Shakespearean poet he was.

Welcome home phil.

It's not often that we agree on things, but I whole heartedly agree with you on this one.. Regardless of the results at the time, the way he was dismissed was a shameful time in our history.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Welcome home phil.

It's not often that we agree on things, but I whole heartedly agree with you on this one.. Regardless of the results at the time, the way he was dismissed was a shameful time in our history.

I disagree that we rarely agree.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 9:01pm
Personally think it's a backward step and slap in face for young coaches ib region who are working their arse off to get recognition . We need to encourage young coaches and give them something to aim for recruiting old coaches doesn't do that as great a servant as Phil has been
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 9:24pm
I do have to disagree with you Why on this. Phil is highly experienced and the RFC needs to move on next season and compete with the other clubs. Having him at the top is a prestigious appointment for the RFC. The other young coaches will learn hugely from him. His part time role with Namibia (basically an old part of South Africa ) keeps him involved at a pro level as well and who knows what contacts he will unearth for the RFC or the Scarlets. It will give the RFC a lift when you add in the involvement of Garan Evans in Commercial growth to this. Very positive about it all personally  
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 10:59pm
Was delighted to hear this. Phil an all time Scarlet legend. I'm sure hid knowledge and expertise will benefit a lot of youngsters. He was good enough to have been a Lion   Here's a pub question for you. What first class side did Phil play for Llanelli.?.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Was delighted to hear this. Phil an all time Scarlet legend. I'm sure hid knowledge and expertise will benefit a lot of youngsters. He was good enough to have been a Lion   Here's a pub question for you. What first class side did Phil play for Llanelli.?.

Fancy asking that question again ?  LOL
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 11:25pm
We are clearly investing a relatively high amount in our coaching structures at all levels relative to playing staff.

Given the relative cost of a decent quality coach compared to a top quality player that's not a bad strategy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic