Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > B&I Lions 2017
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lions team vs. Chiefs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lions team vs. Chiefs
    Posted: 19 June 2017 at 8:40am
Chiefs British & Irish Lions
15. Shaun Stevenson 15. Liam Williams
14. Toni Pulu 14. Jack Nowell
13. Tim Nanai-Williams 13. Jared Payne
12. Johnny Faauli 12. Robbie Henshaw
11. Solomon Alaimalo 11. Elliot Daly
10. Stephen Donald (capt) 10. Dan Biggar
9. Finlay Christie 9. Greig Laidlaw
1. Siegfried Fisi’ihoi 1. Joe Marler
2. Liam Polwart 2. Rory Best (capt)
3. Nepo Laulala 3. Dan Cole
4. Dominic Bird 4. Iain Henderson
5. Michael Alliardice 5. Courtney Lawes
6. Mitchell Brown 6. James Haskell
7. Lachlan Boshier 7. Justin Tipuric
8. Tom Sanders 8. CJ Stander
Replacements    
16. Hika Elliot 16. Kristian Dacey
17. Aidan Ross 17. Allan Dell
18. Atu Moli 18. Tomas Francis
19. Liam Messam 19. Cory Hill
20. Mitchell Karpik 20. Alun Wyn Jones
21. Jonathan Taumateine 21. Gareth Davies
22. Luteru Laulala 22. Finn Russell
23. Chase Tiatia 23. Tommy Seymour
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 10:27am
Anything can happen with injuries. Another chance for Sanjay to show his talents off but at full back. The call up bench now I see it before me as new Lions, really does grate with me as an old traditionalist and if any play superbly will that player get sent home as Gats said they were only there for a week ? Mm🤔
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 1:37pm
On the flip side , theres 2 good things about these call ups cawdor is better than laidlaw and russell can get the backs going better than biggar

Edited by roy munster - 19 June 2017 at 1:38pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Anything can happen with injuries. Another chance for Sanjay to show his talents off but at full back. The call up bench now I see it before me as new Lions, really does grate with me as an old traditionalist and if any play superbly will that player get sent home as Gats said they were only there for a week ? Mm🤔

Fair comment, BUT it's not Gatland's fault. The tour schedule was crazy and should never have been agreed. In the circumstances, it makes some sort of sense to call in reinforcements who are in the same time zone. 

Next time, the coach should be consulted on the schedule IMO.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 4:43pm
surely he had time to bring in the jocks from OZ
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Fair comment, BUT it's not Gatland's fault. The tour schedule was crazy and should never have been agreed. In the circumstances, it makes some sort of sense to call in reinforcements who are in the same time zone. 

Think we are missing the point somewhat. This decision is not based on a rapidly growing injury list - two injuries so far neither position strengthened i.e. 6 & 15. Gatland always planned this move so why did he not call up Hartley & Launchbury after their 1st test against Argentina. They would have arrived last Monday & been ready to go tomorrow. As far as the relative merits of the other 4 recruits - Gareth & the Scottish 10 deserve the call in my opinion. Francis was borderline & should not have made it if WP Nel was fit but he seems to be off the pace as he was only benched against Australia. That leaves Dell who I do not know a lot about. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 11:48am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Think we are missing the point somewhat. This decision is not based on a rapidly growing injury list - two injuries so far neither position strengthened i.e. 6 & 15. Gatland always planned this move so why did he not call up Hartley & Launchbury after their 1st test against Argentina. They would have arrived last Monday & been ready to go tomorrow. As far as the relative merits of the other 4 recruits - Gareth & the Scottish 10 deserve the call in my opinion. Francis was borderline & should not have made it if WP Nel was fit but he seems to be off the pace as he was only benched against Australia. That leaves Dell who I do not know a lot about. 

The answer seems to be that Gats is only using these call-ups as bench warmers (only Dell got on today, and that was because of a YC), so it would be a bit pointless to fly people halfway around the globe, only to NOT get any game-time!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 5:27pm
Henshaw was pretty solid today
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic