Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sky Sports packages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sky Sports packages
    Posted: 28 June 2017 at 12:08pm
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jun/27/sky-sports-channels-prices-football-golf-cricket

Looks like Sky are planning to split the sports to dedicated channels and allow people to buy specific services rather than the full package the way things are currently.

For me this is a welcome move as it's currently costing me an arm and leg for something i only use to watch rugby and NFL. Will be cancelling the football and more than likely cricket as soon as I can.
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2017 at 4:01pm
Sky has always been a rip-off, and I have never subscribed. As I heartily detest Murdoch, I probably won't subscribe even to one of these new channels, though if there is a really good rugby offer I just may consider it.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2017 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Sky has always been a rip-off, and I have never subscribed. As I heartily detest Murdoch, I probably won't subscribe even to one of these new channels, though if there is a really good rugby offer I just may consider it.

As I understand it Aber there will be 2 football channels, a golf & cricket channel to go with the current formula 1 channel. Tennis & Rugby will be offered together in another package. Cheapest option which I assume will be one channel is going to be £18/month. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2017 at 5:06pm

Why do you despise him enough to have your life dictated by him?
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2017 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Why do you despise him enough to have your life dictated by him?

Dream on.

I don't give him much thought, except when I come across references to his money grabbing companies.

There is no need to pay for his channels - on the rare occasions when they show anything I want to see, I pop down to the local rugby club, or my local. I advise everyone else (who can) to do the same!Smile
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2017 at 8:38pm
Great news!

Us remote outliers can stop the irrational overbidding that is subsidising Wendyball and save some money. I enjoy the cricket, not often enough. Occasionally, I catch some NFL though not often enough.

Too busy travelling in pursuit of the Scarlets rollercoaster.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
TomTom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 4:30pm
NFL,Rugby and Indian Premier league
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 6:08pm
For those thinking of taking up Sky's offer, it would be as well to know that the European tournaments will be on BT sport from 2018-19, as well as the Anglo-Welsh cup.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic