Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > B&I Lions 2017
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lions team vs. All Blacks (third test)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lions team vs. All Blacks (third test)
    Posted: 05 July 2017 at 8:04pm
New ZealandBritish Irish Lions
15.Jordie Barrett15.Liam Williams
14.Israel Dagg14.Anthony Watson
13.Anton Lienert-Brown 13.Jonathan Davies
12.Ngani Laumape12.Owen Farrell
11.Julian Savea11.Elliot Daly
10.Beauden Barrett 10.Johnny Sexton
9.Aaron Smith9.Conor Murray
1.Joe Moody 1.Mako Vunipola
2.Codie Taylor 2.Jamie George
3.Owen Franks 3.Tadhg Furlong
4.Brodie Retallick 4.Maro Itoje
5.Samuel Whitelock 5.Alun Wyn Jones
6.Jerome Kaino 6.Sam Warburton (capt)
7.Sam Cane 7.Sean O’Brien
8.Kieran Read (capt)8.Taulupe Faletau
Replacements  
16.Nathan Harris 16.Ken Owens
17.Wyatt Crockett 17.Jack McGrath
18.Charlie Faumuina 18.Kyle Sinckler
19.Scott Barrett 19.Courtney Lawes
20.Ardie Savea20.CJ Stander
21.TJ Perenara  21.Rhys Webb 
22.Aaron Cruden 22.Ben Te’o
23.Malakai Fekitoa23.Jack Nowell

Edited by minded - 05 July 2017 at 8:04pm
Sponsored Links

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 8:25pm
Congratulations once again to Liam Foxy and Ken.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 9:15pm
Ah well a plethora of penalties down the 10 channel again and JD won't see much ball again. As for Mako he can't play that bad again and whilst the bench wouldn't have been a shock he shouldn't be dropped over 1 game. The big thing is the sexton Farrell combo for me
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 4:22am
I might have gone for a 6/2 bench and put Tips there with Webb and Nowell. The AB's have a speedy team and we may lack that bit of pace.
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 4:50am
I'd have had seymour in before Nowell.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 8:12am
No major surprise that the Lions are unchanged, though Vunipola has presumably been given a behind-the-scenes bollocking for giving away so many soft penalties. I suppose the coaches trust him not to do it again.

ABs selection more surprising - where is Ioane? Is he injured? I didn't see him do all that much wrong... and Dagg is still there, even though he gave a very good impression of a doormat when Faletau ran right over him.

A bit odd.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 8:19am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

No major surprise that the Lions are unchanged, though Vunipola has presumably been given a behind-the-scenes bollocking for giving away so many soft penalties. I suppose the coaches trust him not to do it again.

ABs selection more surprising - where is Ioane? Is he injured? I didn't see him do all that much wrong... and Dagg is still there, even though he gave a very good impression of a doormat when Faletau ran right over him.

A bit odd.

Ioane apparently injured as is Naholo. Hope Vunipola has had his bollocking, however, what concerns me also about him is his srummaging. Poite loves his scrums and is very quick to form his opinion on who is the stronger. Wales have benefiited many times. Personally I would have started with McGrath ( of course we all know it should be Rob) with Mako on the bench. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 8:24am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

A bit odd.

Ioane apparently injured as is Naholo. Hope Vunipola has had his bollocking, however, what concerns me also about him is his srummaging. Poite loves his scrums and is very quick to form his opinion on who is the stronger. Wales have benefiited many times. Personally I would have started with McGrath ( of course we all know it should be Rob) with Mako on the bench. 

Thanks for the info on Ioane... I'd have started McGrath, too, and for the same reason, though I suppose in the modern game there are fewer scrums than there used to be - remarkably, I saw one or two games last season where the first scrum came after around half an hour! We'll see if the scrum becomes a problem.

Of course Rob is the form LH prop in the NH, but presumably was not fit anyway because of his finger injury.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 8:55am
Breathless start. I've been impressed with Daly: he's fast and makes some clever plays under pressure. Foxy playing well but a couple of plays from Farrell have been nervy and cost them.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 9:51am
Finally, the ABs are starting to get penalised for these cynical tackle/clearout situations where they injure players. The clearout of O'Brien in the first half, which put him out the game, also looked illegal and dangerous but went unnoticed.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 9:57am
Foxy has been immense in this game. One of the best aggressive defensive performances (if you get me) you'll see from a centre.

Interesting the Lions are playing a generally much more heads up style of play than Wales and players like Foxy and Liam at FB fit very well into it. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 10:31am
What a game!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 10:43am
That was terrific for the Lions and the Lions concept.

After the first test I thought the Lions had given it the best they had...they might have had a slab of luck with the sending off in the 2nd, but no luck in this one...that was sheer graft.

Tbh we never looked dangerous in the backs, but the lack of errors, great discipline and all out endeavour was greAt to watch.

Shame it was refs decision on a tech offence in the end, but selfishly I'm pleased Ken didn't get tagged with the offence that lead to the winning points.

It was a penalty mind.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 10:51am
I wasn't that fussed on the Lions but the last two test matches really got me into it. Agree good for Ken he won't have a penalty that led to the series loss over him! Lucky mind, they made a right pig's ear of that re-start.

Backs weren't fluid as a unit by any means, but you had a solid half back pairing and then Foxy always caused them problems off decent distribution from 10/12 plus dangerous options from Daly and Liam in broken play. But were very good together in defence I thought. The graft from the pack was immense - they were brilliant, set piece excluded, and really took it to the All Blacks without resorting to as many cheap shots to deliberately injure players, one yellow card aside.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 10:52am
Also, All Blacks will be disappointed with their performance today: two or three try scoring opportunities not taken and far too many knock ons. Which is unusual for them and would have won them the match.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 11:01am
Foxy - what a guy. Clap
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic