Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crys16 Baz Lewis Memorial Breakthrough Player

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRYS16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crys16 Baz Lewis Memorial Breakthrough Player
    Posted: 11 July 2017 at 12:34am
See who's on the shortlist and vote! / Gwelwch y rhestr fer a phleidleisiwch!
Email info@crys16.cymru with your membership queries!

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
http://www.crys16.cymru
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 12:07pm
Hopefully members get voting with the Crys16 AGM coming no up next Tuesday ( 18th July ) in The Quinnell Lounge πŸ‘πŸΊπŸ‰
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 2:33pm
A very difficult choice (Boyde, Beirne, Wyn Jones or Ryan Elias.

In the end, I plumped for Elias, because he's the youngest, and yet has already gained two Wales caps as a starter. He was already looking really good at the end of last season, and confirmed this year. If he stays clear of injury and maintains his commitment, he's the one I see going furthest in the game.

Any one of the four would be a worthy winner, though.
β€œYou cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 2:43pm
I chose Beirne as we knew about Ryan & Boyde last season. Wyn was the other who seems to have come from outside the squad & become a regular which is some achievement. I do agree with you Aber though that Ryan has the raw materials to go really far. He is some physical specimen & so young. 
GreyScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreyScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 4:53pm
We are lucky to have such a difficult choice to make, long may that problem continue!
Virtually perfect rugby - 1992/93
scarletsmad_87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsmad_87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 4:54pm
Voted for Beirne. He has been immense all season. A real gem of a signing! 
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 6:28pm
Had to be Beirne for me. Purely because Will and Elias showed glimpses last season whereas I pretty much had no expectations for Beirne. In fact I sort of expected to almost not see him get any starts and thought Bernardo would be the impact 2nd row signing.

As others noted. This is testimony to the academy and recruitment that there are so many very very good breakthrough nominees.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 7:23pm
Beirne for me too.

From nowhere to being very difficult to leave out and scoring that try of his in the final was compelling to witness. Everyone else had at least known form to differing degrees. All are fully deserving of their place on the shortlist and delighted they're with us.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 4:15am
Beirne for me, but while all are good players, he really came into his own when Jake was injured.

Edited by Dafen Boy - 12 July 2017 at 4:15am
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 7:40am
I voted for Tadgh too he's been immense. My favourite part of the final highlights (which I've watched a couple of times) is his face when he emerges from the pile of players after his try.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 9:31pm
I voted for Elias (future lion) but my choice would have been Rawlins, hitting first receiver almost every time they had the ball in the last 3 games. Sexton still probably having nightmares about him.

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 2:31pm
Tadhg Beirne voted breakthrough player of the year
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 3:07pm
It was great that Tadhg turned up to get his Golden Grav trophy and answer a few questions (other than obviously employment contract questions). 

Stayed for photos with the Pro12 Cup as well. Good guy.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

It was great that Tadhg turned up to get his Golden Grav trophy and answer a few questions (other than obviously employment contract questions).Β 

Did he say his agent knew nothing about the Munster story/interest recently reported?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

It was great that Tadhg turned up to get his Golden Grav trophy and answer a few questions (other than obviously employment contract questions). 

Did he say his agent knew nothing about the Munster story/interest recently reported?
Yes Steve, he said that he had heard nothing about it from his Agent. He had a great reception from the members. 
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 7:26am

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

It was great that Tadhg turned up to get his Golden Grav trophy and answer a few questions (other than obviously employment contract questions).Β 

Yes Steve, he said that he had heard nothing about it from his Agent. He had a great reception from the members.Β 
πŸ‘
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic