Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReplica top and leisure range..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

But thats because we are performing miserably in this aspect. Both internally, and externally as a league, and a union.

Why do we operate with one hand tied behind our backs most of the time?

I hope i am qualified in your eyes to pose such a question on the quantum physics that is commercial revenue.Unhappy
Miserably on the field? Where we are Pro 12 Champions.

Miserably in terms of sponsorship? Where revenues are already up before we even announce the new shirt sponsor?

Miserably in terms of marketing? Where season ticket numbers are not only up, but sales of the top end tickets have increased significantly.

Miserably in terms of our clothing partner? Who, as people have moaned about for as long as I can remember, managed to get kit out before the end of last season and even helped kit people out for the final last season.

You ask why we operate with one hand tied behind our backs. Is that actually a genuine question Nick?

We have had little on field success for over a decade, we are competing against clubs in other countries who have far greater financial clout, we have just survived a period where our own union tried to strangle us to death, we exist in a small Town in a fairly deprived part of the UK where our nearest neighbours have outshone us for some considerable time, and we will survive again this season by the good graces of our benefactors. I think that should cover it.

Are you qualified to have an opinion? Yes. But opinions are like arseholes. The trick I suppose is to listen to those people who have a little more expertise, knowledge and experience in certain fields, and thereafter incorporate that into your arguments and perspective. It works for me anyway, as we have some posters on this forum who have huge insight into commercial matters which most of us are guessing about.

Far too many people seem to have presumptuous, un-informed opinions about fairly complex matters based on hearsay, guesswork and their own self importance. 

I'm with OAM here - excellent post. 
Sponsored Links

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 9:51am
If you introduce a new season ticket holder then you get your season ticket for half price.   The club offers stand season tickets for £99 . Those are really good offers from the club in my opinion. I understand where pimp is coming on this regarding a loyalty system for buying merchandise.

Edited by LLANDRE - 16 August 2017 at 9:53am
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 9:56am

You are talking about 'perfect commercial sense' when referencing Arsenal Football Club LOL . Thank you. This beautifully demonstrates my above response to Speedy.

On this one occasion I`ll rise to the bait and reply. I think most people can see the point I`m making (without your need to twist my words), whether they agree or disagree with it. The same goes for your earlier post re expertise. There are very few (if any) ex professional players or coaches on here, yet the whole point of the "Scarlets General" section of the forum is for people to comment on the team, performances, tactics etc, etc. So are you saying no one is allowed to comment on here unless they`ve got the relevant expertise to back up their posts?

I`m all for a bit of banter and a good verbal ruck when its needed (myself and Speedy go a long way back on this front). But there is now a very unpleasant, snidey, bullying undercurrent on the forum, of which you are one of the main protagonists. I`m sure you possess the ability to reply to posts in a civil manner without acting like a giant C**k all the time.
In Pivac we trust
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 10:01am

Are you qualified to have an opinion? Yes. But opinions are like arseholes. The trick I suppose is to listen to those people who have a little more expertise, knowledge and experience in certain fields, and thereafter incorporate that into your arguments and perspective.

Beautiful, just beautiful. Is there really any need for that when replying to another supporter. No wonder no one wants to join CRYS with people like you in charge.
In Pivac we trust
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 10:15am
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

You are talking about 'perfect commercial sense' when referencing Arsenal Football Club LOL . Thank you. This beautifully demonstrates my above response to Speedy.

On this one occasion I`ll rise to the bait and reply. I think most people can see the point I`m making (without your need to twist my words), whether they agree or disagree with it. The same goes for your earlier post re expertise. There are very few (if any) ex professional players or coaches on here, yet the whole point of the "Scarlets General" section of the forum is for people to comment on the team, performances, tactics etc, etc. So are you saying no one is allowed to comment on here unless they`ve got the relevant expertise to back up their posts?

I`m all for a bit of banter and a good verbal ruck when its needed (myself and Speedy go a long way back on this front). But there is now a very unpleasant, snidey, bullying undercurrent on the forum, of which you are one of the main protagonists. I`m sure you possess the ability to reply to posts in a civil manner without acting like a giant C**k all the time.

I don't need to twist your words. You are comparing a sporting organisation with an annual nine figure budget with the Scarlets, and asking why we don't do what they do? I would imagine given our well documented lack of resources in terms of marketing that the answer is fairly obvious.

I am also aware of the section of the forum. My post specifically referenced commercial knowledge, marketing, merchandise in the context of the thread. Not rugby per se. Life generally teaches us to have regard to those people who know a little more about such things. And there are many on here who clearly have greater insight and knowledge than you or me. I am happy to accept and recognise that.

#George
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 10:22am
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Are you qualified to have an opinion? Yes. But opinions are like arseholes. The trick I suppose is to listen to those people who have a little more expertise, knowledge and experience in certain fields, and thereafter incorporate that into your arguments and perspective.

Beautiful, just beautiful. Is there really any need for that when replying to another supporter. No wonder no one wants to join CRYS with people like you in charge.
Firstly, it is a term of phrase used to demonstrate the value or otherwise of an opinion. I like Nick. We are Facebook friends, and would like to think we get on well despite our frank and honest exchanges.

Secondly, I'm not in charge of Crys. Far from it.

Thirdly, membership of Crys is up nearly 77% since our AGM a fortnight ago.
#George
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 10:53am
Closing this thread as it's gone beyond the point of discussion and into the realms of petty point scoring.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic