Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets Fixtures 2017/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Great to have the fixture list, looking forward.
Looking forward to the release of the itinerary on the inaugural Herman Tours all-invited SH tour.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by philtheturk56 philtheturk56 wrote:

if we have less home games this season, that means we will have more home games next season, so the structure says.

How do you work that out?
Unlike you to mis the detail of the league's approach to fixture planning.

OR

You might not trust the message.........

I have missed it. I genuinely have no idea how they work out who plays 11 home games one season and who plays 10, and whether they switch it year on year. I must have missed it in the copious amounts of information the Pro14 have released in the last month to keep us informed.

Can you enlighten? Thanks
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 9:44pm

if we have less home games this season, that means we will have more home games next season, so the structure says.

OR

I have missed it. I genuinely have no idea how they work out who plays 11 home games one season and who plays 10, and whether they switch it year on year. I must have missed it in the copious amounts of information the Pro14 have released in the last month to keep us informed.

Quick answer: as per the 6N.
joni_bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 9:48pm
Doesn't every Welsh and Irish team have 10 home games (6 in our own conference, 4 against half of the 8 in the other conference)? The odd numbers only applies to Scottish, Italian and SA teams surely.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

OR

Ah right thanks, I hadn't seen that.

Given we don't know who we'll be in a conference with, and all teams in the conference need to play home and away, is this easy to do?

Apologies if this has been covered.
insidehalf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insidehalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 10:43pm
Not having seen the complete fixtures for the last weekend. Maybe they've got round it by all Conference A matches kicking off at say 15:00 and all Conference B games kicking off at 17:30, that's if that weekend has all matches being played within the same Conference (except one game will have to be
A v B (maybe SA v SA )
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

We're getting shafted with S.Africa trip the week before Euro round 3, and Glasgow getting similar treatment before Euro round 1.

Funny how it hasn't happened to any of the Irish teams but hey-ho....

Cunning plan. Obviously Baldrick is oirish.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by joni_bach joni_bach wrote:

Doesn't every Welsh and Irish team have 10 home games (6 in our own conference, 4 against half of the 8 in the other conference)? The odd numbers only applies to Scottish, Italian and SA teams surely.

8+8=16, it's the Pro14...... with only 7 teams per conference.

we have 6 home games from our conference teams + 2 home derby games and then this season we have 2 out of 5 teams at home and then next season we will have 3 out of 5 at home.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 1:04am
Shame that many of the best fixtures are during the 6N.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 8:35am

Attempted to make a chart showing how the fixtures pan out for each region. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 8:37am
You sir, are annointed the God of easy to read documents.
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 8:42am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Attempted to make a chart showing how the fixtures pan out for each region. 

Awesome mate
#George
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 8:51am
Chapeau to Minded
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 9:34am
Well done Minded.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 9:47am

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

OR

Ah right thanks, I hadn't seen that.

Given we don't know who we'll be in a conference with, and all teams in the conference need to play home and away, is this easy to do?

Apologies if this has been covered.
No, it's impossible to guarantee, due to the change in the make up of conferences each year, as you rightly surmise. Also - aren't the Yanks joining next season? Confused
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

No, it's impossible to guarantee, due to the change in the make up of conferences each year, as you rightly surmise. Also - aren't the Yanks joining next season? Confused

So we could play 6 home games less than cardiff over the length of this new Pro14 agreement? That can't be right can it?

Edited by KID A - 09 August 2017 at 10:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic