Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets Fixtures 2017/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtheturk56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 2:04pm
video...link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nof-SjDmms
Sponsored Links

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by philtheturk56 philtheturk56 wrote:

if you listen to the video put together for the Pro 14, there is a part either vrbally by eddie butler or in the paperwork Pro 14 have put out that states, any time that plays less home games this season, will play more next season

Yes, they officially state on their website that any team playing 10 home games this season will play 11 next season.

Is that easy to ensure, given that the conferences will be settled via league placings?
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by philtheturk56 philtheturk56 wrote:

if you listen to the video put together for the Pro 14, there is a part either vrbally by eddie butler or in the paperwork Pro 14 have put out that states, any time that plays less home games this season, will play more next season

Yes, they officially state on their website that any team playing 10 home games this season will play 11 next season.

Is that easy to ensure, given that the conferences will be settled via league placings?

I dont think they can say any team playing 10 this year WILL play 11 next year, as it could end up with every side who played 10 in the same conference next year (mathematically), however I believe the intention is there to try to make it fair.  Guess it will be up to our reps to push the case in to them that we are entitled to 11 home games next season when the scheduling convos begin, and hope that we shout louder than the rest of the 10 game sides.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

I dont think they can say any team playing 10 this year WILL play 11 next year, as it could end up with every side who played 10 in the same conference next year (mathematically), however I believe the intention is there to try to make it fair.  Guess it will be up to our reps to push the case in to them that we are entitled to 11 home games next season when the scheduling convos begin, and hope that we shout louder than the rest of the 10 game sides.

It does specifically state that on their website. They should probably say "we will do our best to ensure teams alternate", rather than imply it's guaranteed:

http://www.pro14rugby.org/2017/08/01/guinness-pro14-championship-qa/

Edited by KID A - 10 August 2017 at 2:55pm
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

[QUOTE=ScarletSpiderman]I dont think they can say any team playing 10 this year WILL play 11 next year, as it could end up with every side who played 10 in the same conference next year (mathematically), however I believe the intention is there to try to make it fair.  Guess it will be up to our reps to push the case in to them that we are entitled to 11 home games next season when the scheduling convos begin, and hope that we shout louder than the rest of the 10 game sides.

It does specifically state that on their website. They should probably say "we will do our best to ensure teams alternate", rather than imply it's guaranteed:

http://www.pro14rugby.org/2017/08/01/guinness-pro14-championship-qa/[/QUOTE]

Yep it would make more sense for them to admit that it will most likely not be possible, but I think they would rather just go on the grounds that the TV fans dont really care, so there wont be too much of an uproar when it doesn't work.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 5:21pm
Why no posts about Irish favouritism yet?
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Apart from the earlier ones about more favourable timing and/number of their away trips to SA and ahead of European rounds?

Or, am I reading between the lines and maybe it'll even up next year?

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 9:42am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Surely you wouldn't be thinking of Ulster ?
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by theieuan theieuan wrote:

I'm a bit disappointed that we play 7/10 of our home league games by 05/01/2018. Of the remaining 3 games, 2 of them are played on consecutive weeks.  Surely the games could have been spread out a bit more.

We're obviously planning on balancing this out with home 1/4 final(Europe) and Semi Finals (Pro 14)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 5:55pm
All this was inevitable to be fair. There was no way on this earth everyone would be happy with the fixtures.
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2017 at 9:31am
Originally posted by theieuan theieuan wrote:

I'm a bit disappointed that we play 7/10 of our home league games by 05/01/2018. Of the remaining 3 games, 2 of them are played on consecutive weeks.  Surely the games could have been spread out a bit more.

Just noticed this, back to the bad old days of ridiculous fixture scheduling I thought we'd sorted this out. I'm off to the Ulster website right now - I'll be back.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2017 at 9:34am
Poor old Ulster they play 7 home games by Jan 1st. Suspiciously they have an extra home game though.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2017 at 11:15pm
Anglo-Welsh fixtures out tomorrow at 11am
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 8:56am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Anglo-Welsh fixtures out tomorrow at 11am
Every little helps!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 11:11am
Anglo-Welsh fixtures 2017-18
Fixtures KO Venue TV Coverage
Sun 12th Nov 15:00 Scarlets vs. Exeter Chiefs Parc-y-Scarlets, Llanelli BT Sport
17th - 19th Nov TBA Dragons vs. Scarlets Rodney Parade, Newport
26th - 28th Jan TBA Harlequins vs. Scarlets Twickenham Stoop, London
2nd - 4th Feb TBA Scarlets vs. Sale Sharks Parc-y-Scarlets, Llanelli
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 11:34am
Good to avoid the Saturday Wales game v Australia . Hope that logic is applied to all the "TBA" fixtures
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic